1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 00:20
    So, one for one. Let's see the twisted parts of the Bible compared to the twisted parts of the Koran. Let's see the noble parts compared. Let's take on the Clown's Challenge.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 00:30
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    So, one for one. Let's see the twisted parts of the Bible compared to the twisted parts of the Koran. Let's see the noble parts compared. Let's take on the Clown's Challenge.
    Well, the Christian god committed genocide by drowning almost the entire population of the earth. It's kind of hard to top that one.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 01:511 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Well, the Christian god committed genocide by drowning almost the entire population of the earth. It's kind of hard to top that one.
    Which at the time couldn't have been very much, considering Noah managed to preach
    to them all, although he did spend forty years doing it. You might think a large vessel,
    more than four stories high and larger than a soccer field might have alerted them
    them something was afoot, but apparently they were irredeemable and were divinely
    executed. God is sovereign.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 01:583 edits
    i dont think you can make a comparison, the Koran is quite a cold book, it reveals very
    little in the way of Gods personality, as opposed to the Bible, In it God is distant, I
    would say aloof and unknowable, he being considered too exalted, whereas in the
    Bible he condescends to have dealings with humanity and even reasons with individuals.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 02:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Which at the time couldn't have been very much, considering Noah managed to preach
    to them all, although he did spend forty years doing it. You might think a large vessel,
    more than four stories high and larger than a soccer field might have alerted them
    them something was afoot, but apparently they were irredeemable and were divinely
    executed. God is sovereign.
    Yeah, mass 'divine execution' goes into the twisted part for sure. Like I said, it's hard to top that one.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 02:06
    i dont think you can make a comparison, the Koran is quite a cold book, it reveals very
    little in the way of Gods personality, as opposed to the Bible, In it God is distant, I
    would say aloof and unknowable, he being considered too exalted, whereas in the
    Bible he condescends to have dealings with humanity and even reasons with individuals.
    As though god would have a 'personality'. Just like he's a great, big, overgrown person.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 02:42
    As though god would have a 'personality'. Just like he's a great, big, overgrown person.
    well, well, its hard to read the Bible and not discern a personality, that of course is, if
    one reads it without prejudice.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 02:43
    Yeah, mass 'divine execution' goes into the twisted part for sure. Like I said, it's hard to top that one.
    they were warned, the failed to take note.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 03:23
    great big overgrown insane person.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 08:01
    The Clown's challenge is Jesus compared to Mohammad.

Clown.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 10:56
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The Clown's challenge is Jesus compared to Mohammad.

Clown.
    Oh. OK.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 10:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    great big overgrown insane person.
    without prejudice!
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 11:58
    well, well, its hard to read the Bible and not discern a personality, that of course is, if
    one reads it without prejudice.
    I think what the bible reveals is not the personality of god, but, rather, the personality of its authors.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 12:00
    they were warned, the failed to take note.
    Is that all it takes to make genocide OK in your eyes?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 12:101 edit
    I think what the bible reveals is not the personality of god, but, rather, the personality of its authors.
    rubbish, the authors in many instances make clear they are speaking on behalf of God,
    and in many instances very little is actually proffered about themselves!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree