Bible Battles

Bible Battles

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
If they reset it in Chicago, he's a shoe-in.
And definitely have Al Capone (acted by Keanu "My Voice is Too Deep" Reeves) as king of the modern Sodom & Gomorrah.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by Halitose
And definitely have Al Capone (acted by Keanu "My Voice is Too Deep" Reeves) as king of the modern Sodom & Gomorrah.
...with... uh, Kevin Costner as Abraham/Elliot Ness?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
22 Dec 05

...with... uh, Kevin Costner as Abraham/Elliot Ness?
lol

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

lol
I'm here all week. Try the veal.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
22 Dec 05

lol
It's fun to watch you good Christians trivialize the mass murders done in the OT.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
22 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by frogstomp
It's fun to watch you good Christians trivialize the mass murders done in the OT.
Trying to poke another fight, my good friend? Not this time; 'tis a season to be merry.

Edit: Good to see you around more.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
22 Dec 05

Bored to death of the John Denver look-alike, I missed Gere's rendition. Did it cover the battle between David and Abbie?
I didn't know about the film before today--but the very idea of Richard Gere in that role would be enough to put me off seeing it. Except, perhaps, for laughs.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
C'mon frogstomp--as Lucifershammer once said, they were probably just a few skirmishes that got blown out of proportion.

l

London

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
What are your favorite Bible battles (no lame jokes, please)?
As long as this is not about to turn into one of those "Oh see how absolutely savage the OT is" threads.

My favourite battle would be the seige of Jericho. In terms of wars, it would be the Maccabean Revolt.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
In terms of wars, it would be the Maccabean Revolt.
Pity the Protestants don't get to read about that one, it's fascinating--Jewish terrorists building up a state-of-the-art army from scratch to take on the mighty Seleucids with their pikes, cavalry, & elephants.

l

London

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Jewish terrorists building up a ....
We prefer the term "freedom fighters". 😉

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Pity the Protestants don't get to read about that one, it's fascinating--Jewish terrorists building up a state-of-the-art army from scratch to take on the mighty Seleucids with their pikes, cavalry, & elephants.
I'm sorry, I'm Protestant (although you'd have a hard time trying to pin a title any more specific than that on me) and 1 & 2 Maccabees were some of my favourite "Bible-history" books as a child.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
We prefer the term "freedom fighters".
I've become pro-terrorist. It's just easier that way.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
22 Dec 05

I'm sorry, I'm Protestant (although you'd have a hard time trying to pin a title any more specific than that on me) and 1 & 2 Maccabees were some of my favourite "Bible-history" books as a child.
Well done, Hal.

S

Moves
22 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
I'm pretty sure they've already made one.

Ah yes, King David back in 1985. Richard Gere played the archaelogically absent King David, and there was one heck of a nude scene where Bathsheba bathed herself in full majesty on the rooftop.

Well, worth watching. And rewinding and watching again. and again.
and again.

😵
Alice Krige played Bathsheba, better known for the Borg Queen in the Star Trek film First Contact.

I'd have liked to have seen Samson slay the 1000 Philistines with the jawbone of an ass. That's some hardcore ass-kicking.