Believers, how does your god talk to you?

Believers, how does your god talk to you?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 07
1 edit

What form does it take? An actual voice in your head? A chance occurance that helps you? What is it?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
09 Mar 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
What form does it take? An actual voice in your head? A chance occurance that helps you? What is it?
I would say God talks through my heart. In most cases, everything comes from your heart (figural speaking)

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
09 Mar 07

This is a good question. I will respond with something I saw last night. I saw the movie "Borat." Now I know most would not consider this a spiritual movie, but I had the opposite reaction. He was on a journey. He listened to something within himself. He took his "calling" seriously. He tried to experience many aspects of the world and other people.

Plus , I laughed my ass off.

Moves
09 Mar 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
This is a good question. I will respond with something I saw last night. I saw the movie "Borat." Now I know most would not consider this a spiritual movie, but I had the opposite reaction. He was on a journey. He listened to something within himself. He took his "calling" seriously. He tried to experience many aspects of the world and other people.

Plus , I laughed my ass off.
That movie was the funniest thing I have ever seen! lol! 😀

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
09 Mar 07

Originally posted by Bad wolf
That movie was the funniest thing I have ever seen! lol! 😀
But you have to admit there was something "Jesus-like" when he brings the big black prostitute to that southern mansion and they (including the pastor) kick them out. There was something rather innocent and lovely about her. Of course, I find all kinds of theological parallels in movies.

Moves
09 Mar 07

But you have to admit there was something "Jesus-like" when he brings the big black prostitute to that southern mansion and they (including the pastor) kick them out. There was something rather innocent and lovely about her. Of course, I find all kinds of theological parallels in movies.
Nah, I never noticed anything like that.
I almost died laughing! 😳

E

Moves
09 Mar 07

idk

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
10 Mar 07

Like the Matrix movies?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
10 Mar 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
Like the Matrix movies?
No. Jesus was non-violent. Plus, I didn't see any whores in the Matrix movies.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
10 Mar 07

No. Jesus was non-violent. Plus, I didn't see any whores in the Matrix movies.
Well, I was talking about how Neo is like a savior.
Remember at the begining of the first one a guy at his apartment door calls him his savior.

But anyways the girl in the red dress and the French mans wife.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Mar 07

God speaks to us today through his word the bible. If anyone says otherwise they are dead wrong!

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
10 Mar 07

Originally posted by josephw
God speaks to us today through his word the bible. If anyone says otherwise they are dead wrong!
Does God speak to us through things other than the Bible?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Mar 07

Does God speak to us through things other than the Bible?
Other than what we see in creation, no.
God has said all he is going to say in his word the bible.
There is no new revelation of his will being given to man. We now have all we need to know concerning his will for man contained in scripture.
Any doubt of this will only lead to error.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
10 Mar 07
1 edit

There is no new revelation of his will being given to man. We now have all we need to know concerning his will for man contained in scripture.
That's really a shame. I think that was the prevailing theology of Jesus' time. Occasionally I hear a really good sermon that may use modern literature as instructive and supportive of an idea in the Bible.

w

Moves
10 Mar 07

I am not sure I agree. I would agree, however, that any revelations we may recieve from God should be scrutinized by his written word, however. I have recieved revelations from God concerning my own life, or at least, I attribute such revelations to him.