Belief

Belief

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 09

Originally posted by menace71
You can believe in whatever you want but that dose not make what you believe to be necessarily true. Example: You can believe that the earth is flat but that can be proved false. Example:You can believe that if you jump off a building you will not fall and go splat!! But try it & see LOL πŸ™‚ So I would say somethings are absolutes!! I believe you should try to believe in what can be proved at least for metal sanity πŸ™‚

Manny
No,I'm not going to do that .
I'm sure there are plenty of others trying thet approach already
I do like the soounds of metal-sanity. Mental-sanity is even better πŸ™‚

w

Moves
19 Jun 09
2 edits

You can believe in whatever you want but that dose not make what you believe to be necessarily true. Example: You can believe that the earth is flat but that can be proved false. Example:You can believe that if you jump off a building you will not fall and go splat!! But try it & see LOL πŸ™‚ So I would say somethings are absolutes!! I believe you should try to believe in what can be proved at least for metal sanity πŸ™‚

Manny
Only believe what you can prove? This is not a course in mathamatics is it?

I would say believe what you know to be right or true. Believe what you want to become. After all, it shapes where you are headed, therefore, it is the single greatest aspect of your life.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Jun 09

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

LOL can't tell if it's a joke ? πŸ˜‰

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Jun 09

Well I should think that out a bit more. I think the things that are known as fact should be accepted as fact. Reality that is what I meant. I believe a lot of our issues as humans are because we can't accept reality πŸ™‚

Manny

w

Moves
19 Jun 09
2 edits

Well I should think that out a bit more. I think the things that are known as fact should be accepted as fact. Reality that is what I meant. I believe a lot of our issues as humans are because we can't accept reality πŸ™‚

Manny
What is accepted as fact in your mind are merely thoughts that go unchallenged. For example, you accpet that the country of India is there even though you may not have ever been there. All you life you have seen pictures and hear people talk about it but never have you encountered someone who said that it does not exist. However, if you did meet some one that said it does not exist you would think him to be a crazy person. However, the more people you encounter that say it exists will cause you to question this belief. In addtion, the more evidence they may bring to you that it does not exist may cause you to sway your beliefs further. Perhaps that is why it says in the Bible that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. This is simply how we are wired so be wary of what you feed your brain....if you know what I mean.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Jun 09

Man that flat earth stuff is crazy LOL it must be a joke.

w

Moves
19 Jun 09
1 edit

Man that flat earth stuff is crazy LOL it must be a joke.
BUt that just goes to prove my point. They have zero evidence other than the fact that there appears to be a following of sorts. In fact, you could have been born into a world where everyone thought the world was flat. In such a scenerio odds are you would have believed the same till the day you died unless you took it upon yourself to seek the truth all by yourself.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Jun 09

Originally posted by whodey
What is accepted as fact in your mind are merely thoughts that go unchallenged. For example, you accpet that the country of India is there even though you may not have ever been there. All you life you have seen pictures and hear people talk about it but never have you encountered someone who said that it does not exist. However, if you did meet some one t ...[text shortened]... is is simply how we are wired so be wary of what you feed your brain....if you know what I mean.
We can know that something exist with ever seeing it πŸ™‚ The atom. electrons ect. India. Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Jun 09

We can know that something exist without ever seeing it πŸ™‚ The atom. electrons ect. India. Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

Manny

w

Moves
19 Jun 09

We can know that something exist with ever seeing it πŸ™‚ The atom. electrons ect. India. Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

Manny
True. You can use deductive reasoning as evidence even though it is not proof. For example, where did matter come from in the Big Bang when we know that matter cannot be created or destroyed? Where did life come from in a seemingly lifeless universe in which we cannot create life ourselves or even see it being created?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
19 Jun 09

I guess my point was or is somethings are provable. The things that are provable believe in. Now God might not fit into that category but not all is relative there are absolutes. Somethings are knowable or known as facts. This is reality what is real.

Manny

Moves
19 Jun 09

True. You can use deductive reasoning as evidence even though it is not proof. For example, where did matter come from in the Big Bang when we know that matter cannot be created or destroyed? Where did life come from in a seemingly lifeless universe in which we cannot create life ourselves or even see it being created?
Sorry to but in, but I don't think that is deductive reasoning, it is more like a sketch of some of the arguments of natural theology, which are neither valid nor deductive.

AH

Moves
19 Jun 09
1 edit

…where did matter come from in the Big Bang when we know that matter cannot be created or destroyed?
(my emphasis)

If the standard most accepted understanding of the big bang is correct, no matter was created or destroyed BECAUSE time began at the start of the big bang. The mater/energy (the two are equivalent at least in this context) wasn’t “created” because it was “always” there i.e. it existed at ALL points in time that exist (and before somebody asks “but was there matter before the big bang”, there was no “before” if the standard most accepted understanding of the big bang is correct because time STARTED then)

…Where did life come from in a seemingly lifeless universe in which we cannot create life ourselves or even see it being created?
..…

The first living cell must have been spontaneously created from non-living matter -don’t see a problem here.

AH

Moves
19 Jun 09

Manny
…we know that something exist with ever seeing it πŸ™‚The atom. electrons ect.
(my emphasis)

We know this because of the EVIDENCE and REASON.

…Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

..…

There is NO evidence of a “God“.
Therefore you cannot compare the belief that there are electrons with the belief that there is a “God” -one is base on evidence and reason and the other is based on blind faith.

j

Moves
19 Jun 09

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
[b]…we know that something exist with ever seeing it πŸ™‚The atom. electrons ect.
(my emphasis)

We know this because of the EVIDENCE and REASON.

…Don't need to see it to know it exist. God if you will.

..…

Therefore you cannot compare the belief that there are electrons with the belief that there is a “God” -one is base on evidence and reason and the other is based on blind faith.[/b]
=================
========================

You are expecting something in a test tube?
You demand something seen under the microscope or seen with telescope ?