1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Dec '22 23:19
    Thoughts:
    After listening to a talk by Jorden Peterson, he got me thinking about simply 'BEING' and what this means in light of scripture that tells us we should be loving God and our fellow man without exception. The two great commandments are to love God and our neighbors, thus these are the greatest two realities we should look at when it comes to obeying God, and when we fail there, we see the costs.

Satan knows these two commandments too, and hell is doing everything possible to justify disobeying them! Not loving others is a clear sign according to scripture that we don't love God, according to 1 John 4:20 it is a serious charge.

English Standard Version
    If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

The path this can lead to can be a progression, hating God, hating man, and in the end, hating even 'BEING' this can bring about the rage that people use to fuel horrific crimes against others, and ultimately against themselves as their hate of being is acted out.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '22 23:44
    @kellyjay said
    Thoughts:
    After listening to a talk by Jorden Peterson, he got me thinking about simply 'BEING' and what this means in light of scripture that tells us we should be loving God and our fellow man without exception.
    How are your thoughts on this going to impact what you do or say or think?
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Dec '22 23:46
    @kellyjay said
    Thoughts:
    After listening to a talk by Jorden Peterson, he got me thinking about simply 'BEING' and what this means in light of scripture that tells us we should be loving God and our fellow man without exception. The two great commandments are to love God and our neighbors, thus these are the greatest two realities we should look at when it comes to obeying God, and when ...[text shortened]... rrific crimes against others, and ultimately against themselves as their hate of being is acted out.
    If this is your revelation that you have been faking it all along, then so be it.

Jordan Peterson is clearly a self-important jackass.

Any advice to "simply be" should stop right there, without any further verbiage.
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Dec '22 23:48
    @divegeester said
    How are your thoughts on this going to impact what you do or say or think?
    How does the Light of Christ yank out your scurvy self-proud tongue and replace it with a Tongue of Light?
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:07
    @kellyjay said
    Thoughts:
    After listening to a talk by Jorden Peterson, he got me thinking about simply 'BEING' and what this means in light of scripture that tells us we should be loving God and our fellow man without exception. The two great commandments are to love God and our neighbors, thus these are the greatest two realities we should look at when it comes to obeying God, and when ...[text shortened]... rrific crimes against others, and ultimately against themselves as their hate of being is acted out.
    This is where the moral and ethical rubber meets the road, does it not? We find the words of scripture meaningful and enlightening but putting those cherished words into action in the real world amid petty annoyances, inconvenient timing, arrogant unbelievers and other (less than) ideal circumstances can test our resolve.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:211 edit
    @mchill said
    This is where the moral and ethical rubber meets the road, does it not? We find the words of scripture meaningful and enlightening but putting those cherished words into action in the real world amid petty annoyances, inconvenient timing, arrogant unbelievers and other (less than) ideal circumstances can test our resolve.
    In America today, it's the arrogant "believers" who are the troublemakers.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:23
    @mchill said
    If one dissolves into Christ, is personal resolve even needed?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:45
    @kevin-eleven said
    If this is your revelation that you have been faking it all along, then so be it.

Jordan Peterson is clearly a self-important jackass.

Any advice to "simply be" should stop right there, without any further verbiage.
    One can't "simply be" unless there is purpose in being. "Being" has its ultimate expression in relationships, with God and our fellow man.

Anything less, then you may as well be dust.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:50
    @kevin-eleven said
    In America today, it's the arrogant "believers" who are the troublemakers.
    Do you mean the "believers" disguised as Antifa and BLM members that caused billions in property damage and over two dozen deaths a couple of years ago?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:511 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    If one dissolves into Christ, is personal resolve even needed?
    Is "dissolves" a new word you're adding to the biblical narrative?
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:53
    @josephw said
    Is "dissolves" a new word you're adding to the biblical narrative?
    Has your dog poisoned your mind?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:55
    @mchill said
    Practical Christianity. Not just saying, but doing. From the heart.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 00:56
    @kevin-eleven said
    Has your dog poisoned your mind?
    I have three dogs, and they're driving me crazy.
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 01:06
    @josephw said
    I have three dogs, and they're driving me crazy.
    I'm sure they have their reasons.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 01:06
    @josephw said
    Practical Christianity. Not just saying, but doing. From the heart.
    There is no heart.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree