1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 01:25
    @kevin-eleven said
    I'm sure they have their reasons.
    They're in competition for my attention.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 01:351 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    There is no heart.
    More's the pity if it is so.

The body is a space suit. A vehicle to receive and transmit through the physical senses within this three dimensional plane.

The spirit gives us awareness of that which exists outside of matter and energy.

Only Jesus can bring the spirit back to life.

That's just the way it is.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 01:40
    @josephw said
    More's the pity if it is so.

The body is a space suit. A vehicle to receive and transmit through the physical senses within this three dimensional plane.

The spirit gives us awareness of that which exists outside of matter and energy.

Only Jesus can bring the spirit back to life.

That's just the way it is.
    This is why only Jesus can save, only He can bring the dead back to life.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 01:45
    @kellyjay said
    This is why only Jesus can save, only He can bring the dead back to life.
    Jesus is the resurrection and the life.

Odd that some imagine that that truth is of human invention.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 03:501 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Thoughts:
    After listening to a talk by Jorden Peterson, he got me thinking about simply 'BEING' ...
    What did you hear Jordan Peterson say? Once he strays too far from clinical psychiatry, he's mostly a charlatan and propagandist who is adored by a clamour of socially dysfunctional twenty-something racists and misogynists who take heart from his odious reactionary - and too often deceitful - pretentiousness. Curious about this, I sometimes listen to his podcast, so I tell you this at firsthand ~ although he doesn't get a penny from me.

What did he say in this "talk" you heard?
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 16:22
    @kevin-eleven said
    If one dissolves into Christ, is personal resolve even needed?
    If you find out how to "dissolve into Christ" please let me know how that's done.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Dec '22 20:58
    @mchill said
    If you find out how to "dissolve into Christ" please let me know how that's done.
    You turn yourself into a spiritual Alka Seltzer pill, duh. 😀
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 02:34
    @bigdogg said
    You turn yourself into a spiritual Alka Seltzer pill, duh. 😀
    Must admit - that was pretty good. 😏
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 03:15
    @fmf said
    What did you hear Jordan Peterson say?
    No response.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 03:32
    @divegeester said
    No response.
    KellyJay's prideful huffiness is perhaps a manifestation of his belief that Jesus is flowing through him. Even if that is not so, his inability/refusal to field questions about his beliefs is part of discourse.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 08:502 edits
    @josephw said
    Jesus is the resurrection and the life.

Odd that some imagine that that truth is of human invention.
    Makes it easier to ignore if you keep everything at the level of human invention, you
    can always justify disagreeing with another human, but God not so much. Always
    looking for loopholes, for another yet another reason to disagree can be a lifetime's
    work, this of course means nothing is ever settled as everything is always up in the
    air.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 09:081 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Makes it easier to ignore if you keep everything at the level of human invention, you
    can always justify disagreeing with another human, but God not so much. Always
    looking for loopholes, for another yet another reason to disagree can be a lifetime's
    work, this of course means nothing is ever settled as everything is always up in the
    air.
    Declaring that your own personal opinions about the human condition and the universe means that "everything" is "settled" and not "up in the air" is industrial-grade subjectivity that only has traction with people who happen to share your religious beliefs.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 11:57
    @kellyjay said
    After listening to a talk by Jorden Peterson, he got me thinking about simply 'BEING' and what this means in light of scripture that tells us
    I think "being" amounts to the outcome of the set of circumstances that create personhood.

"Being" is caused by the faculties that amount to consciousness looking out at the world through a unique prism of experiences.

Exclusive access to this narrative makes us individuals who then use that narrative in conjunction with the unique moral compass each of us has to navigate our human environment and relate to future events.

For all intents and purposes, I believe this is what "being" means.

If you want to slap some theology onto that for personal reasons, that's OK.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 11:58
    @kellyjay said
    After listening to a talk by Jorden Peterson,
    Which talk by Jordan Peterson?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Dec '22 13:08
    @fmf said
    Declaring that your own personal opinions about the human condition and the universe means that "everything" is "settled" and not "up in the air" is industrial-grade subjectivity that only has traction with people who happen to share your religious beliefs.
    The "human condition" is easily observed objectively. Facts are facts. Subjectivity notwithstanding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree