Baptism is crap !

Baptism is crap !

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
09 Jan 06

Originally posted by STANG
If God allows us free will then why would baptism make a difference ?
What do you think Baptism means, does, or stands for? You must
have some idea to simply call it crap.
Kelly

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
10 Jan 06
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
No, he doesn't. Like usual, STANG is oblivious to the subject he is speaking of. He simply finds a brash statement that he believes can incense a number of people, and he proclaims it. He holds little to no knowledge of the subject (beyond common speculation and perception). If confronted with rational, he will ignore it. If confronted with actual depthful knowledge, he will ignore it. The more sense you make, or the stronger the points you make, the more he ignores it and attempts to evade any and all logic presented in the conversation.

It's STANG 101 my friend. Attention monger extraordinaire and champion logic dodger. I should think it fortunate that the proverbial breath is not a highly limited commodity, for much of it is wasted upon him. 😉

Best Regards,

Omnislash

S

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by Omnislash
It's STANG 101 my friend. Attention monger extraordinaire and champion logic dodger.
Omnislash
I use Bush's tactics without the backing of a multi million dollar campaign budget.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
10 Jan 06

I use Bush's tactics without the backing of a multi million dollar campaign budget.
Sir, I applaud your ability to prove my point in the most ironic fashion possible. 🙂

S

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
It's supposedly about repentance for forgiveness.

The implication is that there is no free will.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
10 Jan 06

Supposedly there exists a logical connection within you assertion.

The implication is that a person does not need to know what they are talking about.

S

Moves
10 Jan 06
1 edit

Supposedly there exists a logical connection within you assertion.

The implication is that a person does not need to know what they are talking about.
If we are to spend eternity in hell unless we get baptised then it is not true to say that we have free will.

If baptism is not necessary then it is crap.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
10 Jan 06

If we are to spend eternity in hell unless we get baptised then it is not true to say that we have free will.

Why is it crap if it is not necessary to prevent you from spending an eternity in hell? Do you think other spiritualy motivated acts which do not directly prevent us from going to hell are also crap? Perhaps if you would be so kind as to define 'crap' in the sense you are using it.

CC

Moves
10 Jan 06

Consider this. Only once you`ve decided to commit to God, will your hearts desire be to please Him in all things. Before that decision is taken you may consider yourself a rebel against God. Your will, will take preference over His.
You need the Holy Spirit in your life to stay focused. He fills you with fire and changes your heart. He is the only key. I do not believe anyone can stay on track without Him. Temptation will redirect your path toward sin. It`s a tough walk. Try it. Then judge..........not before.

S

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by Clean Cut
Consider this. Only once you`ve decided to commit to God, will your hearts desire be to please Him in all things. Before that decision is taken you may consider yourself a rebel against God.
It's not that clean cut. I wouldn't consider myself a rebel against a non-existant god.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
10 Jan 06

It's not that clean cut. I wouldn't consider myself a rebel against a non-existant god.
For the second time now STANG,

as posted by Omnislash

Why is it crap if it is not necessary to prevent you from spending an eternity in hell? Do you think other spiritualy motivated acts which do not directly prevent us from going to hell are also crap? Perhaps if you would be so kind as to define 'crap' in the sense you are using it.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
10 Jan 06

Crap is necessary.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
10 Jan 06

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Don't...just let him be. Stang's like a tooth. If you ignore it long enough, it'll go away. Every reply to him lengthens the amount of time he will inflict himself on us.
So you'd just leave a sore tooth to fester in your gob? Result! The other day I worked out that I haven't been to the dentist since I was about 12, so 13 years ago. I do brush twice a day, though, and still have a full set, so I'm surviving! Could it beI have found someone with worse attitudes to dental care than myself? Good man, Sas!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Jan 06
1 edit

Why would you think there would be no free will, if one had to repent?
Repentance is the will turning the life around from where it was going
down a path of evil, from what it was doing, evil or bad deeds, to
something else more righteous. Seems like an act of free will to me,
you should at least think about what you are saying before you open
you mouth on the matter.
Kelly

S

Moves
10 Jan 06

For the second time now STANG,

as posted by Omnislash

[b] Why is it crap if it is not necessary to prevent you from spending an eternity in hell? Do you think other spiritualy motivated acts which do not directly prevent us from going to hell are also crap? Perhaps if you would be so kind as to define 'crap' in the sense you are using it.
[/b]
Like poo.