1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 22:08
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Of course I am not 'absolutely' sure I'm right. I am not convinced that absolute knowledge is even possible, and as such will always admit that there is a chance, however small, that I am wrong. It's people who claim to "know" they're right that you have to watch out for.

Is that what you thought I'd say?
    I was wrong. I didn't think you would say that!

I don't "know" that I'm right about too much, but there is one thing I'm very sure of, and that is, this God I claim to know, and as incredibly out of this world in power and knowledge He is, has someone as small and meaningless as me in mind.

And you too.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 22:127 edits
    Score one for Satan. Your impious comments have been preserved in my responses. When you go up to the pearly gates, St. Peter is going to see that on your permanent record.
    =============================

Score one for Satan. Your impious comments have been preserved in my responses. When you go up to the pearly gates, St. Peter is going to see that on your permanent record.

==============================

This has nothing to do with your, um, discussion, but I'll humor you.

1.) It is a curious fellow who cheers for a "point" for Satan. Why rejoice in that? (if that is what you mean by "Score one point" )

2.) My words are recorded (and yours) by something much more effective then this computer. If you think that I think that I can escape giving an account to God for my words because of erasing the post, you totally misunderstand.

I erase so that it will cause no more damage than necessary to readers. It is not because I am so foolish to think I can obliterate the record of my sins before God with a PC Delete Button of some kind.

3.) There is no particular reason to call Peter St. Peter. Every believer in Christ is a saint. Stainthood is not a special status confered upon some disciples above other disciples.

4.) The blood of Jesus Christ God's Son cleanses us from all sins. If we confess our sins He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

It is unconfessed sins which have to be acknowledged and confessed at some time. If do not confess my sin in this age, in the next age that sin must be brought out from the record and I must confess and deal with it at that time.

5.) And of course the pearl gate in Revelation is symbolic. There is no oyster which produces a giant perl gate to heaven.

The pearl gates to the New Jerusalem represent the life of Christ poured out and secreted around the offender just as an oyster secrets a liquid from itself around a particle of sand.

When a particle of sand gets into an oyster the oyster secrets this liquid around the offending particle that is wounding it. This causes a pearl to be formed.

The spiritual significance to the pearl gates in Revelation is that Jesus came to this world like an oyster to the bottom of the sea. This world is like the bottom of a sea of sin and death. On the cross of Calvary we all wounded Him with our sins. We wounded Him with our trangressions. In His love and sacrifice He poured out His life for the sinner.

This pouring out of the life for the sinner envolopes the sinner and transforms the offending sinner into something precious before God. This is why the GATE into the eternal kingdom of God is symbolically seen as a PEARL GATE. It is THROUGH the poured out life of Jesus that we enter into the eternal city of God. His pouring out of His life because of our offenses is our very entrance into the kingdom of God.

(Now back to your discussion)
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 22:32
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=============================

==============================

This has nothing to do with your, um, discussion, but I'll humor you.

1.) It is a curious fellow who ch ...[text shortened]... r offenses is our very entrance into the kingdom of God.

(Now back to your discussion)[/b]
    It's a joke, son, lighten up. You don't want to embarrass yourself again.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 19:00
    It's a joke, son, lighten up. You don't want to embarrass yourself again.
    You, on the other hand, have no problems doing that exact thing... this thread being just one example.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 19:08
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You, on the other hand, have no problems doing that exact thing... this thread being just one example.
    This thread could have been an entertaining one if it weren't for all the bloody theists who turned it into a dreadful bore, going on and on about their boring theology that no one else cares about. You being just one example.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 20:02
    This thread could have been an entertaining one if it weren't for all the bloody theists who turned it into a dreadful bore, going on and on about their boring theology that no one else cares about. You being just one example.
    As long as I'm considered a setter of standards, I suppose I ought to be content.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 21:09
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=============================
    You're interpreting your dog's gestures as though he were human. It's called "anthromorphization" or something and it's something no zoologist is supposed to do. Dogs are dogs, not humans.
    ==================================

No, no, no K-young. I'm doing no such thing.

Dogs THINK. Sorry.

Dogs have dream ...[text shortened]... it can hear better. You still have a thinking and deciding dog.[/b]
    Amazing how you can see into your dog's dreams! You must have good eyes.

It's anthropomorphization. I forgot the "po".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree