Attention Jaywill

Attention Jaywill

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
22 Oct 09

Because you are Pro Bible, are you pro slavery, anti gay and do you think women are inferior to men? These are simple yes or no questions that do not require long explanations. Thank you.

j

Moves
22 Oct 09
2 edits

Originally posted by 667joe
Because you are Pro Bible, are you pro slavery, anti gay and do you think women are inferior to men? These are simple yes or no questions that do not require long explanations. Thank you.
==============================
Because you are Pro Bible, are you pro slavery,
===========================

Do you think you can get away with grandiose assertions without being examined ?

What do you mean by "Pro Bible" ?

My ancestors were slaves in America. So I am interested in your rationale as to why you would say I am pro slavery.

And if you have to make a long explanation, that is Okay. I assume that you are a mature educated adult and realize that sometimes explanation exceeding one or two words is required in honest discussion.

Maryland

Moves
22 Oct 09

You asvoided the questions. Perhaps they are too difficult for you to grasp.

j

Moves
22 Oct 09
1 edit

You asvoided the questions. Perhaps they are too difficult for you to grasp.
No, I do not think women are inferior to men.

Now, you answer my question. First - What do you mean by "Pro Bible"?

Or is that too difficult for you to answer ? And if it is then perhaps we both can agree on a better phrase.

Ie. "Because you believe in the divine inspiration of the Bible you are Pro Slavery Anti Gay and all around not Hip."

Maryland

Moves
22 Oct 09

Still have not answered all three questions. The bible is pro slavery, anti gay and thinks women are inferior. I just wansted to know if you agreed with the bible.

j

Moves
22 Oct 09
3 edits

Still have not answered all three questions. The bible is pro slavery, anti gay and thinks women are inferior. I just wansted to know if you agreed with the bible.
===============================
====================================

1.) "Because you are Pro Bible ..."

This depends on what you mean by Pro Bible. I don't accept this assertion until I understand what you mean.

No position is the easiest to defend. So I suppose you prefer to take no position on what you do mean.

2.) Am I anti-gay ?

I am for men and women inheriting the kingdom of God as I spelled out from 1 Cor. 6 -

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be led astray; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor effeminate nor homosexuals nor thieves nor the covetous, not drunkards, not revilers, not the rapacious will inherit the kingdom of God. And these things were some of you ... etc."

I am FOR believers in Christ inheriting the kingdom of God. I choose to answer in that manner. You'll just have to accept that.

3.) "Are you Pro Slavery"

See # 2 above.

4.) Do I think women are inferior to men?

I said no already.

Question for you:

Do you think being a follower of Jesus Christ is only a matter of what you are against ?

Some guy once said "If you keep going in the same direction, you run the risk of arriving exactly where you are headed!"

In being a Christian I concentrate on What or really WHO I am running towards rather from what am I running away.

My eyes have Christ and His kingdom as the goal. I don't intend to focus on sin or sins, ANY sin simply for the sake of being AGAINST sin.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
22 Oct 09

Because you are Pro Bible
Does this differ from amateur Bible?

j

Moves
22 Oct 09
1 edit

667Joe.

You asked me if I feel women are inferior to men. You checked with me. Now let me check with you.

Did you use her and then dump her ?

Did you commit to her in life long love or did you just use her ?

If you used her and dismissed her, how come?
Could it be that you thought that as a woman she was inferior ?

Maryland

Moves
22 Oct 09

-

You are still beating around the bush.

rc

Moves
22 Oct 09

-

You are still beating around the bush.
i am glad someone has finally taken him to task!

w

Moves
22 Oct 09
3 edits

Actually, the Mosaic laws were progressive for their time. Women in ancient times were mere property and largely preyed upon, however, through marriage they earned some protection, financial and otherwise. The husband then had obligations to care fot the wife and her offspring. You see, it was the woman who was at risk when adultery occured or fornication. Outside the bounds of marriage she was powerless in society. Also, in terms of slavery, if you read your history text you will see that slavery was the norm rather than the exception. However, with the Mosaic law they were granted their freedom after so many years of slavery with a day of rest to boot!!. THis was unheard of in the ancient world. And lastly, the whole gay issue has been bitterly contested on this site with those of faith, or have you not been paying attention? If you want my take on these matters, I don't think it is God's best for any of us to be slaves, gay, or have broken marriages. As Christ once stated about divorce under Mosaic law, it was allowed merely because of the hardness within the hearts of men. It was never God's plan.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 09

Originally posted by whodey
Actually, the Mosaic laws were progressive for their time. Women in ancient times were mere property and largely preyed upon, however, through marriage they earned some protection, financial and otherwise. The husband then had obligations to care fot the wife and her offspring. You see, it was the woman who was at risk when adultery occured or fornication. ...[text shortened]... as allowed merely because of the hardness within the hearts of men. It was never God's plan.
Good post....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 09

The more I read some of the dumb things that ones who do not take even a little spec of time to do a little research of the Bible or just ask a question or two from ones who do study the bible before really dumb post like this are presented absolutly amaze me.
For instance if you would see why slavery was not only permitted but approved by God you would learn that it was for the purpose of repaying what you may owed to someone for a debt that you could not repay.
An example would be if I accidently killed a bull that was yours and could not repay it's worth, I then owed you for that and if the only way I could repay you was to be indebted to you for a time period until the debt was payed off. But you were to never mistreat me or be harsh and once the debt was paid to you, I was free of it.
Does that make any sence to you? Do you not see the wisdom and fairness of such an arrangment?
Feel free to ask questions anytime instead of making silly challenges.

F

Moves
22 Oct 09

St Paul had a slave boy of his own. He was definitely Pro Slavery.
To accept the bible and St Paul in particular, then you accept slavery as a biblical fact.

This is not argument of mine, this argument was used by other Christian Pro Slavers in the slavery era of USA, to legitimate slavery.

j

Moves
22 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i am glad someone has finally taken him to task!
Child's play, like his handy dandy "Bible errors". I fail to yet see joe's hard "task" .

I fail to see what part of my answer joe does not find directly responding to his questions.

As for his response to my questions? I don't even think about joe attempting answering them anymore.