Attachment

Attachment

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Nov 09

Originally posted by josephw
Even if I were suffering you'd never get me to admit it.
Sure thing. I certainly don't want to force anything,sorry if I did come across in that way at allπŸ™‚

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
24 Nov 09

Just remember to scan your attachments for possible viruses before you open them.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Nov 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Sure thing. I certainly don't want to force anything,sorry if I did come across in that way at allπŸ™‚
Don't apologise. Now I'm starting to suffer. πŸ˜•

Cape Town

Moves
24 Nov 09

Attachment leads to suffering.
It can, but I don't think it is inevitable. It certainly doesn't follow that the attachment is not worth it.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Nov 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
It can, but I don't think it is inevitable. It certainly doesn't follow that the attachment is not worth it.
Like I said earlier, commitment is better than attachment.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
24 Nov 09

Even if I were suffering you'd never get me to admit it.
Then should we have to conclude that Truth (factual suffering) as you would perceive it, it would be so unbearable that it would force you to become a lier instead of accepting it?
😡

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Nov 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
I think over-attchment leads to physical or psycological suffering in the form of a come-down.
Its a pretty loose statement, open to a lot of differing interpratation.
But basically we all suffer on some level-unless we are so ignorant that it becomes bliss(?)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Nov 09

I think over-attchment leads to physical or psycological suffering in the form of a come-down.
Its a pretty loose statement, open to a lot of differing interpratation.
But basically we all suffer on some level-unless we are so ignorant that it becomes bliss(?)
Attachment. Like the guy I saw on the side of the road in his 30's badly in need of a bath with a sign that said he needed help who had a dog too.

I thought of telling him to get rid of the dog, but no doubt he was attached to it.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
24 Nov 09

Without truth so it is.
Truth is the mystery that haunts us all.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Nov 09

Attachment. Like the guy I saw on the side of the road in his 30's badly in need of a bath with a sign that said he needed help who had a dog too.

I thought of telling him to get rid of the dog, but no doubt he was attached to it.
Thats exactly the reason I said "over-attachment".Y'know ,attached to too many things too strongly.
I guess in the bhuddist version they are trying to say that we are already part of god (or whatever) and hence do not need to attach ourselves, rather, "let go".