Atoms as God

Atoms as God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
28 Apr 09

Have you ever thought about how everything is made up of Atoms, and in that way everything is alive in a sense? If atoms are the buiding blocks of the universe then maybe God is what atoms are ? Everything is God !! The Hundus already think this. Maybe they are right.

P

Moves
28 Apr 09

Aren't atoms made of sub-atomic particles? Then wouldn't they be god?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
28 Apr 09

what does the word "God" mean?

I think those who believe they know are the same as that subatomic particle known as the moron.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
28 Apr 09

Originally posted by buckky
Have you ever thought about how everything is made up of Atoms, and in that way everything is alive in a sense? If atoms are the buiding blocks of the universe then maybe God is what atoms are ? Everything is God !! The Hundus already think this. Maybe they are right.
At what point does 'god' cease to be a coherent term? How does it help us to call all the atoms of the universe 'god' instead of 'all the atoms of the universe'? Do atoms behave any differently if you call them 'god' instead of 'atoms'? If not then why not just stick to 'atoms' and leave well enough alone?

F

Moves
28 Apr 09

Then what is the definition of 'alive'? Perhaps 'having life'?
Atoms doesn't have life. Atoms cannot reproduce, for one thing.
No, this hypothesis doesn't work.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
28 Apr 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
what does the word "God" mean?

I think those who believe they know are the same as that subatomic particle known as the moron.
Everything should have a beginning, and at the beginning something pushed the button on the Big Bang. Who or what that something was is the mystery some call God. Don't let the word God scare you so much.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
28 Apr 09

I enjoy the Hindu take on things, but it's a little complex to follow beyond the initial intuitive wow moment. I mean, to take a random example: http://www.geocities.com/neovedanta/a89.html

It's no good just reading about it. Somehow this stuff has to be realised.

F

Moves
28 Apr 09
1 edit

Everything should have a beginning, and at the beginning something pushed the button on the Big Bang. Who or what that something was is the mystery some call God. Don't let the word God scare you so much.
"Everything should have a beginning" We call this postulate (p1), okay?
"something pushed the button on the Big Bang" We call postulate (p2), okay?

If 'something', mentionned in (p2) is a part of 'everything' then even 'something must have a start, according to (p1), right?

Doesn't matter what you call this 'something' in (p2). But even this 'something' must have a start. Before this start there was not 'something'.

So how came this 'something' into being? This 'something' who 'pushed the button'?

In other words: Someone created your god. Who was that? Some Supergod perhaps? Or godfather? Or what?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
28 Apr 09

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I enjoy the Hindu take on things, but it's a little complex to follow beyond the initial intuitive wow moment. I mean, to take a random example: http://www.geocities.com/neovedanta/a89.html

It's no good just reading about it. Somehow this stuff has to be realised.
how about Spinoza's point of view? I don't espouse it, but it certainly caused a bit of a stir and was quite interesting for its time

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
28 Apr 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
how about Spinoza's point of view? I don't espouse it, but it certainly caused a bit of a stir and was quite interesting for its time
I have an affinity for Spinoza and I think his views can be mapped on Hinduism and vice-versa. But don't ask me to be the cartographer.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
28 Apr 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Aren't atoms made of sub-atomic particles? Then wouldn't they be god?
Sub atomic particals are nothing more than God's perspiration.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Apr 09

Sub atomic particals are nothing more than God's perspiration.
Nothing more than God's semen.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
29 Apr 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
"Everything should have a beginning" We call this postulate (p1), okay?
"something pushed the button on the Big Bang" We call postulate (p2), okay?

If 'something', mentionned in (p2) is a part of 'everything' then even 'something must have a start, according to (p1), right?

Doesn't matter what you call this 'something' in (p2). But even this 'somet ...[text shortened]... ated your god. Who was that? Some Supergod perhaps? Or godfather? Or what?
Perhaps this is the exception to the rule. God
might just be the primordial ooze consisting of nothing more than very pure atoms. Pure awarness. Pure creativity. The old guy on a throne idea seems really nut's. Who knows, it's all up for grabs.

Cape Town

Moves
29 Apr 09

might just be the primordial ooze consisting of nothing more than very pure atoms. Pure awarness. Pure creativity. The old guy on a throne idea seems really nut's. Who knows, it's all up for grabs.
Your idea is no less nuts than the old guy on a throne. The nuttiness is starting with the premise that 'there must be a God' and then coming up with random suggestions as to what that as yet undefined 'God' might be.
Its as nutty as starting with the premise that there is a Globdang, then saying 'its all up for grabs as to what that might be, so I am going to start by believing that the Globdang is really photons.'

F

Moves
29 Apr 09

If a rule has exceptions then it's not a really a rule, only a arbitrary statement meaning nothing.

The fact can as well be that the universe created itself at the moment of BigBang, therefore no god needed. Call it a rule, call it exception, call it whatever, but I don't call it religion because the theory of BigBang is science.