Atheists vs Theists challenge cup

Atheists vs Theists challenge cup

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
30 Nov 06

Is anyone up for a chess challenge between these two factions of the spirituality forum?

I was thinking we play a 20 vs 20 match, for prestige. If you're interested, post your name, rating and which team you'd be playing for and if enough people are interested, I'll see if we can organise it.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by Starrman
Is anyone up for a chess challenge between these two factions of the spirituality forum?

I was thinking we play a 20 vs 20 match, for prestige. If you're interested, post your name, rating and which team you'd be playing for and if enough people are interested, I'll see if we can organise it.
I'd be up for it. Currently I'm rated 1752. While I am actually a True X X Xian, I would like to play for the team that is not comprised of theists.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by telerion
I'd be up for it. Currently I'm rated 1752. While I am actually a True X X Xian, I would like to play for the team that is not comprised of theists.
I would like to play. I'm rated 1228 and I'm also a Christian but generally argue for the 'other side' and would like to play for the non-theist team.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
30 Nov 06

I'd go for that. It'll be the Armageddon match.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
30 Nov 06

I'm 1622 at the moment so I'll give it a go , sounds fun. I'll play for the the theists. So far we seem to have some christians who want to play for the other side. How about some atheists playing for us? EX-Atheist defectors always make really good Christians in real life , they might make good chess players too.

l

London

Moves
30 Nov 06

Well, my current rating's 1567 and I'm (obviously) a Christian but, in the spirit of Christian charity, am happy to offer my chess-playing services to the atheist side.

N

The sky

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Well, my current rating's 1567 and I'm (obviously) a Christian but, in the spirit of Christian charity, am happy to offer my chess-playing services to the atheist side.
Lol! I think you should rather play for the theist side and play in a truly Christian way - if your opponent takes your rook, offer him your other rook, etc.

I'm up for it. Nordlys, current rating 1610, playing for the atheist side, although I'd rather call myself agnostic.

S

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Lol, well not to refuse charity, but we'll put you in for the theists for the time being.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
30 Nov 06

This is hilarious, with three Christian defections already. It will be interesting to see if the theists can actually assemble a team, or if they are all too ashamed of each other to cooperate.

S

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
This is hilarious, with three Christian defections already. It will be interesting to see if the theists can actually assemble a team, or if they are all too ashamed of each other to cooperate.
Are you in, punker?

N

The sky

Moves
30 Nov 06

This is hilarious, with three Christian defections already.
Three? Are you counting telerion as a Christian?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
Yes

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
30 Nov 06

Are you in, punker?
The match isn't even going to take place, and you know it. Nobody wants to play for the theists.

b
Buzzardus Maximus

Moves
30 Nov 06

I think this should actually be called the Challenge Grail.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
30 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nordlys

Yes
What did I ever do to you?