Atheists: things ticking you off about religions:

Atheists: things ticking you off about religions:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Sep 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Not interested in speculation or opinions. I discuss what the Bible says.
Great me too.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Sep 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well let's examine the issue one by one. You ever meet your lord? Speak with it, and have it speak back?
Everyone who has ever became a Christian should have had an encounter with God.
Prayer is speaking to God and the God of the universe who created our brains, eyes,
ears, and so on knows how to get a point across, yes.

God is not an it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Sep 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Everyone who has ever became a Christian should have had an encounter with God.
Prayer is speaking to God and the God of the universe who created our brains, eyes,
ears, and so on knows how to get a point across, yes.

God is not an it.
So you spoke to your god but it didn't answer. It is an it because even if real it would not have a sex since it was supposed to be around forever and ever and therefore would not need the appalation of sex. So it is not a He, it is not a she, it is an it.

Of course the other reason it is an it is it isn't real at all, just a man made construct designed to control people and just conveniently put women on a somewhat lower place on the human totem pole and, just so conveniently, put the leaders in the best houses, best transport, best food, most money just like a god would want......

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Sep 16

So you spoke to your god but it didn't answer. It is an it because even if real it would not have a sex since it was supposed to be around forever and ever and therefore would not need the appalation of sex. So it is not a He, it is not a she, it is an it.

Of course the other reason it is an it is it isn't real at all, just a man made construct designed ...[text shortened]... aders in the best houses, best transport, best food, most money just like a god would want......
I never said God didn't answer.
Those things that have some sexual traits in human terms are applied to God so that we
can understand Him. We also do that with a lot of other creatures, we put our
understanding of human traits and apply them to explain other creatures actions.
Some of God traits are related to male others female, that isn't surprising since God the
scripture describes human marriage between the male and female making them one.
God chooses to use certain human terms to describe Himself to us, so be it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Sep 16

I never said God didn't answer.
Those things that have some sexual traits in human terms are applied to God so that we
can understand Him. We also do that with a lot of other creatures, we put our
understanding of human traits and apply them to explain other creatures actions.
Some of God traits are related to male others female, that isn't surprising s ...[text shortened]... le making them one.
God chooses to use certain human terms to describe Himself to us, so be it.
Except for the part that men are the ones who invented god in the first place so naturally said god would be male. Can't have middle eastener's having a female god now can we? Since they have put females on a lower plane than males for thousands of years, it's no surprise the bible become encoded with that concept, a man is worth 50 shekels and a woman 30. Then the rationalizations begin. Well that actually means blah blah blah, but the bottom line is men are on top and women a few steps lower than cattle.

I tell you this: No god would encode that in a religion. Therefore it was encoded in religion by men who invented the whole thing.

Of course now I fully expect someone to pull the 'so now you know the mind of god' card.

I'm waiting for it......

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Sep 16

Except for the part that men are the ones who invented god in the first place so naturally said god would be male. Can't have middle eastener's having a female god now can we? Since they have put females on a lower plane than males for thousands of years, it's no surprise the bible become encoded with that concept, a man is worth 50 shekels and a woman 30. ...[text shortened]... y expect someone to pull the 'so now you know the mind of god' card.

I'm waiting for it......
I do not care what men do to create some god. I find your self proclaimed knowledge of what a god would do funny as you decline there is one.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Sep 16
1 edit

I do not care what men do to create some god. I find your self proclaimed knowledge of what a god would do funny as you decline there is one.
I am talking about a hypothetical god we SHOULD design, not the ancient ones we already designed not knowing a shyting thing about the real world, making up crap as they went along, rather than the real help a real god would have chimned in with, like, hey eat all the frigging pig you want, just cook the hell out of it, see, there are these little beasties smaller than you can see and if you let them live, they cause sickness. Here, I'll show you how to make this instrument that lets you see really small stuff you never knew was there......

Buy NOOOO, all we get is this directive not to eat pig, such a wonderful god y'all have made up.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 16

I am talking about a hypothetical god we SHOULD design, not the ancient ones we already designed not knowing a shyting thing about the real world, making up crap as they went along, rather than the real help a real god would have chimned in with, like, hey eat all the frigging pig you want, just cook the hell out of it, see, there are these little beasties ...[text shortened]... how to make this instrument that lets you see really small stuff you never knew was there......
Well hells bells, do what you will with your hypothetical god the only one that has to worry
about anything it does is well, no one.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Sep 16
1 edit

Well hells bells, do what you will with your hypothetical god the only one that has to worry
about anything it does is well, no one.
Well the real deal is we are as a species, alone on a hostile planet in a hostile solar system bent on killing us and we have to deal with all that by ourselves. For instance, you probably know all about the Chixulub crater in the Yucatan that helped wipe out the dinosaurs, the coup de grace that started with some mega volcanoes that spread death all over a large portion of the planet in Asia and the asteroid that hit the Yucatan helped them along to extinction.

We have to deal with that kind of threat all by ourselves, no god is going to stop the next big one with our name on it.

It's not like I am making up shyte, it already happened, right here on Earth, not some planet way out in the solar system, right here on Earth and it can very well happen again and we probably would be wiped out a good deal faster than dinosaures were, it took a million years or so to off all of them. We could be all gone in ten years after a hit like that.

Just sayin, we are on our own, no god is going to come down and fix our boo boo's, put a bandaid on our heads and tell us how much we are loved and go play now.

We really pisss poor at designing gods, humans should be able to do a better god design than we have, especially now in century 21.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 16

Well the real deal is we are as a species, alone on a hostile planet in a hostile solar system bent on killing us and we have to deal with all that by ourselves. For instance, you probably know all about the Chixulub crater in the Yucatan that helped wipe out the dinosaurs, the coup de grace that started with some mega volcanoes that spread death all over a ...[text shortened]... ods, humans should be able to do a better god design than we have, especially now in century 21.
The thing is I do without a doubt believe God is real. As well believe there is more to this life than our living and dying.
I am surprised you think the universe is hostile since you believe in evolution. that does not seem consistent with life springing up from non-life to begin flourishing.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Sep 16
1 edit

The thing is I do without a doubt believe God is real. As well believe there is more to this life than our living and dying.
I am surprised you think the universe is hostile since you believe in evolution. that does not seem consistent with life springing up from non-life to begin flourishing.
Life KNOWS we are in a hostile universe on a hostile planet in a hostile solar system. So it flourished by doing the life experiments by the quadrillions per second over hundreds of thousands of years, some of them HAD to hit the gold ring.

For instance, as just a hypothetical, suppose some time in the future we find life in an underground ocean we think exists on some of the outer moons, Callisto, Europa and so forth. Would you jump to the conclusion a god was the one starting life there also, especially if said life never went past the bacteria stage?

Why would a god design such life forms forever destined to be bacteria and nothing else, EVER and hidden in an ocean 40 miles beneath a layer of ice like we think exists on those moons? We think they would stay liquid because of tidal forces heating up the planet enough to make an incredibly deep ocean also incredibly deep under a layer of ice.
We hypothesis the possibility of life there because some vents are shooting water out hundreds of miles into the sky in big clouds and there seems to be organic material in the splatter that lands back down on the surface.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 16

Life KNOWS we are in a hostile universe on a hostile planet in a hostile solar system. So it flourished by doing the life experiments by the quadrillions per second over hundreds of thousands of years, some of them HAD to hit the gold ring.

For instance, as just a hypothetical, suppose some time in the future we find life in an underground ocean we thin ...[text shortened]... ouds and there seems to be organic material in the splatter that lands back down on the surface.
Life knows? Please is that a supernatural mistical view of how and why you think evolution could occur?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Sep 16
3 edits

Life knows? Please is that a supernatural mistical view of how and why you think evolution could occur?
Life forms 'know' it's hostile out there because of evolution. I don't think evolution would have happened if we lived on a totally benign planet where there were no stresses on life like high temps this century, low temps next, forests disappearing, savanna's now, ice ages coming and going, earthquakes, volcanos, floods, lightning and so forth. The life we have now is a direct result of all the stresses put on it in the past, asteroid hits and so forth. Life has had to deal with all those and still survive.
Life 'knows' in the sense of been there done that not some supernatural effect.

Suppose Earth had conditions that lasted billions of years where there were lakes and such and bacteria evolved in that niche. How could things change into anything else if the temperature stayed at say 70 F in the daytime and 40 F at night and 70 F next day and 40 F next night for billions of years with no lightning, volcano activity, and so forth. What stresses would be out there for any change to take place?

We are where we are now BECAUSE of the hostile place we live in, hostile planet, hostile sun, hostile solar system with all those comets and asteroids hitting Earth. We can thank all those stressors which got us where we are today.

Of course it is strictly up to us to avoid the worse the universe can through at us, if not, a big one comes along, back to insects for a few million years.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Sep 16

Life forms 'know' it's hostile out there because of evolution. I don't think evolution would have happened if we lived on a totally benign planet where there were no stresses on life like high temps this century, low temps next, forests disappearing, savanna's now, ice ages coming and going, earthquakes, volcanos, floods, lightning and so forth. The life we ...[text shortened]... verse can through at us, if not, a big one comes along, back to insects for a few million years.
You are giving life a quality quite beyond the norm, as if *Life* itself had a plan, purpose,
and design. If that isn't supernatural what is it, it isn't just chemical's getting strung together
out of random mutation.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Sep 16

You are giving life a quality quite beyond the norm, as if *Life* itself had a plan, purpose,
and design. If that isn't supernatural what is it, it isn't just chemical's getting strung together
out of random mutation.
How are we to prove, for instance, that Earth itself is alive, that all the life forms on it and in it are all subservient to some plan from Earth itself, as if Earth itself was a god?

How do you know I am giving life a quality quite beyond the norm, to use your words?
Personally I think DNA evolved to deal with all sorts of stresses and the record of those stresses IMHO are still inside the DNA of every living thing.

I think DNA is more than just the means for reproduction. I think DNA is also some kind of computer with inputs and outputs depending on external conditions as well as sexual reproduction forces.

I think there is a word for it, Epigenetics, if I have it right.

Where some external force effects a being and the effects can cast down several generations, like a drunk or addict can effect future generations for several generations down the line.

I think there is WAY more to DNA than the science folks have figured out so far.

They are sussing out a hell of a lot lately though but the full story is far from told.