1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 05:521 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Sooth, what stimulation or joy in adhering to subjectively prescribed strictures on play of mind or style of expression? We'd all be asleep, save the mice. How boring if we were all cookie cutter the same in speech rhythms and vocabulary usage. How or what causes some people to become threatened so quickly whenever someone enters a room or forum with a different bearing, sense of purpose, swagger or gate?
    -
    Speaking for myself, I do not feel threatened by either the arrangement of your words or their substance. But the former may aid the latter in a debate. If you're here merely to write prose poems, that's your prerogative.

But you won't win arguments that way. 😉
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 05:571 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast

Speaking for myself, I do not feel threatened by either the arrangement of your words or their substance. But the former may aid the latter in a debate. If you're here merely to write prose poems, that's your prerogative.

But you won't win arguments that way. 😉
    I've frequently mentioned that I'm not here to forcibly persuade or argue but rather
    to enjoy relaxed conversation about meaningful issues and questions along with some
    spontaneous give and take. Please don't hate me for being happy and honest. Nite...

😴
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 06:43
    I've frequently mentioned that I'm not here to forcibly persuade or argue but rather
    to enjoy relaxed conversation about meaningful issues and questions along with some
    spontaneous give and take. Please don't hate me for being happy and honest. Nite...

😴
    What was finite is shorted its end, and the countably infinite becomes an uncountable one. All that is, all that was, and all that could have been but failed to be: all of these, and more besides, build one upon another to a sum greater than the parts, to a greatness that wells up, all ones and naughts, to an incalculable sorrow neither one nor naught. And the tears fall as a rain, a pattering rain, from drops to puddles to drops again, but never the same. A rain of souls.

Probabilities abound: all is gray on Planet Rain.

Good night. 😉
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 10:251 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    What was finite is shorted its end, and the countably infinite becomes an uncountable one. All that is, all that was, and all that could have been but failed to be: all of these, and more besides, build one upon another to a sum greater than the parts, to a greatness that wells up, all ones and naughts, to an incalculable sorrow neither one nor nau ...[text shortened]... rain of souls.

Probabilities abound: all is gray on Planet Rain.

Good night. 😉
    "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
    (Hazel Grace Lancaster in "The Fault of Our Stars"
    by John Green)
    -
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '12 13:02
    Sooth, what stimulation or joy in adhering to subjectively prescribed strictures on play of mind or style of expression? We'd all be asleep, save the mice. How boring if we were all cookie cutter the same in speech rhythms and vocabulary usage. How or what causes some people to become threatened so quickly whenever someone enters a room or forum with a different bearing, sense of purpose, swagger or gate?
    -
    I for one don't care what speech style you use, as long as it's actually comprehensible.

You can talk like Yoda if that makes you happy.

But it should be possible to (easily) clearly discern your meaning, otherwise there is no
    point.

The purpose of communication is to convey ideas from one mind to another.

Otherwise all you have is a meaningless assemblage of dots on a screen.

If you want to be interesting then make the IDEAS you are trying to convey interesting.
    Rather than the language used to convey them.
  6. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 03:50
    Sad, sick and superficial. Mostly sad.
    How so?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 00:15
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    "Atheists are more fun"

😀
    "And she'll have fun, fun, fun 'til her daddy takes the T-Bird away"

yup
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Dec '12 03:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "And she'll have fun, fun, fun 'til her daddy takes the T-Bird away"

yup
    YouTube

yup 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree