Atheist Sees Big Bang in Piece of Toast

Atheist Sees Big Bang in Piece of Toast

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illinois

Moves
23 Dec 08

Atheist Sees Image of Big Bang in Piece of Toast:

http://www.satireandcomment.com/0208toast.html

😀

Hmmm . . .

Moves
23 Dec 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Atheist Sees Image of Big Bang in Piece of Toast:

http://www.satireandcomment.com/0208toast.html

😀
ROFL!!

rc

Moves
23 Dec 08

Originally posted by vistesd
ROFL!!
heeehee 😀

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Dec 08

Religion and humor are seldom on speaking terms with one another. Your toast example is notable, not because its all that funny in itself, but because the very idea of religious people cracking jokes is such a strange concept.

rc

Moves
23 Dec 08

Originally posted by rwingett
Religion and humor are seldom on speaking terms with one another. Your toast example is notable, not because its all that funny in itself, but because the very idea of religious people cracking jokes is such a strange concept.
lol, you should ask the illustrious Mr. Andrew Hamilton, an atheist who never celebrates anything. perhaps those bad ol putty cat atheists need to chill and take themselves a little less seriously, although i was reading yesterday that perhaps you have been misrepresented, although i really do find it hard to sympathize, i don't know why?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Dec 08

the very idea of religious people cracking jokes is such a strange concept.
😕

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Dec 08

Originally posted by Palynka
😕
Come on, everybody knows that religious people are dour and humorless. It's a commodity they can ill afford as they wither under the gaze of a wrathful god. It's Satan who gets all the best lines.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
23 Dec 08

Come on, everybody knows that religious people are dour and humorless. It's a commodity they can ill afford as they wither under the gaze of a wrathful god. It's Satan who gets all the best lines.
If you mean that there's a whole host of racist , sexist , sick jokes that play on stereotypes and we don't find them funny then you might ask yourself why you DO find them funny. If you do that is.

Christians have a great sense of humour it's just that many Atheists don't get it because it doesn't involve swearing or going tee hee hee at something to do with sex.

rc

Moves
23 Dec 08

the most reverend I M Jolly, the epitome of Calvinism, hopefully you can understand the Scottish accent.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qbAikjaiiHY

AH

Moves
23 Dec 08

Why should there be any fundamental or significant difference in the sense of humour between that of atheists and that of theists?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
23 Dec 08

I do it all the time and even get in trouble for it. Moderated just yesterday.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
23 Dec 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
If you mean that there's a whole host of racist , sexist , sick jokes that play on stereotypes and we don't find them funny then you might ask yourself why you DO find them funny. If you do that is.

Christians have a great sense of humour it's just that many Atheists don't get it because it doesn't involve swearing or going tee hee hee at something to do with sex.
Why do you think people joke so much about sex?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
23 Dec 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
That's the surest way to ruin the joke. 😞

Moves
23 Dec 08
3 edits

The problem with scientists is that every one of them are such generalists, and none of them are able to even string a sentence together....😉

Edit: I saw an electron dating a crumb in a piece of toast recently, proving beyond doubt that electrons have an emotional soft centre.

Good grief what's on telly...................

rc

Moves
24 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
Why should there be any fundamental or significant difference in the sense of humour between that of atheists and that of theists?
i think that as as joy is the second fruitage of Gods holy spirit, Galatians 5:22,23, then one should expect Christians to exhibit joy, not all the time naturally, but even in the face of adversity, still be joyful.

however what has the poor atheist with which to comfort himself, but his natural inclinations, pretense of logic and a subconscious molded by architypical models like Mao, Marx and Dr. Spok, thus his emotions are there to be subdued and controlled, irrational feelings like laughter are subjected and rejected on the basis of being a mild form of hysteria and what happens? he is left bereft!

i am quite sure that studies indicate that religious people lead more purposeful and thus happier lives, not to mention live longer, what say you?