Atheist, n.

Atheist, n.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
23 Nov 10

By the way, a nano second divided by a trillion is 10^-21 seconds or 0.000000000000000000001 seconds.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
23 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
So surely you can tell me "why" it's insane or dishonest.

People who see "design" have no clue what patterns can come about in a dynamic system by applying simple rules to random initial conditions.

For example, go here
http://www.ibiblio.org/lifepatterns/
and click the button on the left.

Write your name on the panel (connecting the letters) and ...[text shortened]... e across the panel and click go. Simple initial conditions, simple rules, complex patterns.
Cool! That brings back memories. As a kid I played around with the "Game of life" on the ZX Spectrum.

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0016089

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
23 Nov 10
3 edits

Originally posted by lausey
"Whats the the big deal about a few numbers"

You have been quite specific with "311 trillion year cycle", "432,000 years" and "4.3 billion years", so I am assuming the numbers are a big deal. You also show inconsistency by throwing in the word "zillion".

Zillion isn't even a number, so you saying that a trillion years is a nano second divided by a trillion is ludicrous.

It is no wonder why atheists as well as theists are mocking you.
A zillion is the biggest number imaginable .........so in comparison to eternity, the number 1 trillion years, is like a second, divided by a zillion to the power of a zillion.

Thats what i said in the first place, so why are you having a problem.....is it fault finding day or something?

I am specific because the Vedas are specific, and for me personally, I dont care to much about all this (age of the creation) stuff,......because its not important at all, what is important is how can one, return home back to Godhead.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
A zillion is the biggest number imaginable .........so in comparison to eternity, the number 1 trillion years, is like a second, divided by a zillion to the power of a zillion.

Thats what i said in the first place, so why are you having a problem.....is it fault finding day or something?

I am specific because the Vedas are specific, and for me perso ...[text shortened]... because its not important at all, what is important is how can one, return home back to Godhead.
I just imagined a zillion and one. There, your worldview just collapsed.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Nov 10

Geez! .. and I get accused of feeding the troll...sheeesh. This forum is a bag a larfs...
Now we all know Vishva or anyone else shouldn't be speculating about such large numbers. Who cares? I see it as wasted energy and forum space on things that could be more constructive.

PS. yeah, yeah, I know Robbie or someone is going to come along and tell me "who am I to talk ?".. well bring it on...

rc

Moves
23 Nov 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Geez! .. and I get accused of feeding the troll...sheeesh. This forum is a bag a larfs...
Now we all know Vishva or anyone else shouldn't be speculating about such large numbers. Who cares? I see it as wasted energy and forum space on things that could be more constructive.

PS. yeah, yeah, I know Robbie or someone is going to come along and tell me "who am I to talk ?".. well bring it on...
actually Robbie was thinking of doing nothing of the sort, but reminiscing about all those good Specky games he used to play brought to mind by lauseys post.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
24 Nov 10
1 edit

I am specific because the Vedas are specific, and for me perso ...[text shortened]... because its not important at all, what is important is how can one, return home back to Godhead.
"A zillion is the biggest number imaginable"

Different people can imagine different numbers. To use an imaginary number (I don't mean the square root of negative numbers here in this context) and perform calculations on it doesn't make any sense.

You also gave specific numbers. Can you tell me *exactly* how you are your sources came up with 311 trillion years?

You say you do not care about the numbers, but if those numbers are made up, then that ruins the credibility of any of your other sources.

Physicists, on the other hand, can give sources of their calculations, with percentage error tolerances to boot. They will never be so arrogant as to say, "there is no error".

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by lausey
"A zillion is the biggest number imaginable"

Different people can imagine different numbers. To use an imaginary number (I don't mean the square root of negative numbers here in this context) and perform calculations on it doesn't make any sense.

You also gave specific numbers. Can you tell me *exactly* how you are your sources came up with 311 trillion ...[text shortened]... e error tolerances to boot. They will never be so arrogant as to say, "there is no error".
Kali-yuga (Iron Age)

I can give you more info, but this will answer the question.

We are about 5000 years into this Kali Yuga

Duration - 1,200 demigod years (1000 + 100 sandhya + 100 sandhyamsa)
or 432,000 human years
Life span - 100 years (or 50, SB 12.2.11)
Yuga-dharma - Chanting the Hare Krsna mahamantra (harinama sankirtana)
Yuga-avatara - golden or yellow but generally black. Lord Caitanya, who is Krsna Himself, appears only in the Kali-yuga immediately following the appearance of Sri Krsna in Dvapara-yuga.

Symptoms of Kali-yuga: "O learned one in the age of Kali, men have but short lives. They are quarrelsome, lazy, misguided, unlucky and above all, always disturbed." (SB 1.1.10)

The four yugas are known as a divya-yuga, or maha-yuga. One divya-yuga is 12,000 years of the demigods (4,320,000 human years). One thousand divya-yugas equals one day of Brahma (4,320,000,000 human years).

In each Brahma's day there are fourteen Manus (patriarchs of mankind). Each Manu enjoys a life of seventy-one divya-yugas or 852,000 years of the demigods (306,720,000 human years). After the dissolution of every Manu a new Manu comes.

With the change of Manu the universal management also changes. Each manvantara is preceded and followed by the yuga-sandhya in length of one Satya-yuga. The yuga-sandhyas are periods of partial devastation and creation.

Brahma's life consists of 36,000 days and nights (of the same length), or 311,040,000,000,000 human years.

We live in Kali-yuga of the 28th divya-yuga of the 7th Manu of the 12th kalpa (called Sveta-Varaha) (SB 2.10.46p., Skanda P. 2.39-42), in the 51th year of Brahma. The beginning of this kalpa was 2.3 billion years ago (453 mahayugas back).

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Nov 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
actually Robbie was thinking of doing nothing of the sort, but reminiscing about all those good Specky games he used to play brought to mind by lauseys post.
Well, it goes to show how paranopid I can be. Stilll, I'd usually err on the side of paranioa.
Ashes tomorrow Rob. Plenty of cloud cover. If the rain holds out, the poms will potentially be in for a massacre. Or if the aussies bat it should be an enjoyable spectacle. Either , there is no way I will fail to be entertained. If the poms get to lunch with only 3 down I will tip my beverage (light beer;P) into the urinal!!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Nov 10

I would like to say, that i speculate on nothing......and if i say something thats above your understanding, it doesnt equate to speculation.......but its confirmed by Vedic teachings.

The only thing that I am guilty of, is putting the Vedic knowledge into my own words, and I have to do that unless you want me to cut and paste everything.

rc

Moves
24 Nov 10

Well, it goes to show how paranopid I can be. Stilll, I'd usually err on the side of paranioa.
Ashes tomorrow Rob. Plenty of cloud cover. If the rain holds out, the poms will potentially be in for a massacre. Or if the aussies bat it should be an enjoyable spectacle. Either , there is no way I will fail to be entertained. If the poms get to lunch with only 3 down I will tip my beverage (light beer;P) into the urinal!!
i am worried Karoly, the Poms have been in good form, i watched them against Australia A on the tv, Swann and Anderson were in good form, apparently the Aussies dont play off-spin very well, and have no real spinner of their own since Warney retired. Its too tight for comfort, but offer up the incense, a Pom victory is a national disaster both for us and for you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Nov 10

I would like to say, that i speculate on nothing......and if i say something thats above your understanding, it doesnt equate to speculation.......but its confirmed by Vedic teachings.

The only thing that I am guilty of, is putting the Vedic knowledge into my own words, and I have to do that unless you want me to cut and paste everything.
The best you could say about your statements is that they are truisms. Nothing is completely true. Not even Veda. Sorry...

If I was you I'd go with 'truism', thats probably the best angle for you to develop your ideas here. If you start saying that what you say is absolute truth, then you will turn people off. Nobody has the absolute truth.

rc

Moves
24 Nov 10

The best you could say about your statements is that they are truisms. Nothing is completely true. Not even Veda. Sorry...

If I was you I'd go with 'truism', thats probably the best angle for you to develop your ideas here. If you start saying that what you say is absolute truth, then you will turn people off. Nobody has the absolute truth.
its come to my attention that the Aussies have included Xavier Doherty a spinner, an Ashes rookie. apparently he is rather excellent, taking three wickets recently against Sri Lanka, awe man, its gonna be awesome!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i am worried Karoly, the Poms have been in good form, i watched them against Australia A on the tv, Swann and Anderson were in good form, apparently the Aussies dont play off-spin very well, and have no real spinner of their own since Warney retired. Its too tight for comfort, but offer up the incense, a Pom victory is a national disaster both for us and for you.
Indeed the poms are in good form, but remember they need to peak at the rigth time.
The aussie selectors have retained Hussey and North, both under selection clouds. I believe they will shine and totally frustrate the poms when the ball gets old.
The spinning dpartment is a problem, but I say give Steve Smith a go. He could play in his own right as a batsman, and between him and North, they will be ablle to hold up an end.
Swann will have to get lucky, or the aussies will have to make huge blunders for him to get wickets.

rc

Moves
24 Nov 10

Indeed the poms are in good form, but remember they need to peak at the rigth time.
The aussie selectors have retained Hussey and North, both under selection clouds. I believe they will shine and totally frustrate the poms when the ball gets old.
The spinning dpartment is a problem, but I say give Steve Smith a go. He could play in his own right as a ...[text shortened]... l have to get lucky, or the aussies will have to makw huge blunders for him to get many wickets.
mmm how comforting, thanks.