Atheism R0XX0RZ

Atheism R0XX0RZ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Gastel
Why is it, that this is the only thread that gets replied too?

Interestingly, people only want to argue Atheism, but not the other religions I presented. Is that because people feel it is socially acceptable to attack the theism of Atheism, or is it because Atheism is the only defensible position?

I think the majority of people feel that Atheism can be ...[text shortened]... ism, Mormonism, Catholicism, etc. There is definitely a cat to kick in at least some of those.
What I find amazing is that there were people that actually replied to your spam.

P

weedhopper

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
I didn't only mention cell phones.

The infant mortality rate that I quoted does not only include premature babies, it includes ALL babies under 1 year old.

I find it amazing that you can't even bring yourself to admit that scientific discoveries have improved our lives. Even if you can't admit that it has improved yours, you can't even see how it h ...[text shortened]... e based on scientific discoveries, not to mention the computer that you're using right now.
Never said it didn't help others' lives. Science has helped many lives; Polio vaccine, anaesthesia, flouridated water to name a few.

P

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Never said it didn't help others' lives. Science has helped many lives; Polio vaccine, anaesthesia, flouridated water to name a few.
Ok. I guess there's the disconnect 🙂

G

B is for bye bye

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Palynka
What I find amazing is that there were people that actually replied to your spam.
Spam? How can topic building be spam?

I would challenge you that my posts hold at least some uniqueness, whereas the majority of messages posted are simply the same rehashing of old, constipated ideas.

Might I refer you to any Atheist arguement (like this one), any IVV post about how many points they have, any of the "World's longest..." or "My clan is so..."

C'mon, instead of just poking at spam, why don't you provide an intelligent comment on any of the theisms. Reply to one of the other threads and make a point and then defend it. Stay on topic, don't be sidetracked.

P

weedhopper

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Ok. I guess there's the disconnect 🙂
Probably so. But cell phones are STILL a major regression in the human growth pattern.😀

P

Moves
06 May 08

Probably so. But cell phones are STILL a major regression in the human growth pattern.😀
I will respectfully disagree as I post this from my cell phone 😉

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
06 May 08

Are you saying that science has never helped your life? You must live in a squalarous hole in the ground, grow your own food and perhaps resort to prayer when you get sick! I guess you don't get out much either, since science and technology are everywhere outside (your hole).

P

weedhopper

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Are you saying that science has never helped your life? You must live in a squalarous hole in the ground, grow your own food and perhaps resort to prayer when you get sick! I guess you don't get out much either, since science and technology are everywhere outside (your hole).
Never said "science has never hekped (my) life."

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
06 May 08

Never said "science has never hekped (my) life."
Implied though, when you said "science helped others lives".

I'm not getting at you, just sincerely asking the question. Do you feel science has helped your life?

P

weedhopper

Moves
06 May 08

Implied though, when you said "science helped [b]others lives".

I'm not getting at you, just sincerely asking the question. Do you feel science has helped your life?[/b]
I always welcome intelligent discourse that is not insulting. However, using terms for my home like "squalorous hole" and implying that I "pray when I get sick" rather than see a physician"--see, those aren't nice.

I feel science has been of marginal expedience in my life--it has made many a mundane practice less time-consuming. It has done much more for others, though. I'm a Christian evolutionist, accept the Big Bang as the most likely theory for the birth of this universe, and accept the age of the earth to be about 4.5 billion years old. I like debators; I dislike bullies.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
06 May 08

I always welcome intelligent discourse that is not insulting. However, using terms for my home like "squalorous hole" and implying that I "pray when I get sick" rather than see a physician"--see, those aren't nice.

I feel science has been of marginal expedience in my life--it has made many a mundane practice less time-consuming. It has done much more ...[text shortened]... age of the earth to be about 4.5 billion years old. I like debators; I dislike bullies.
My point with my quote was that the very technologies that allow homes to be built nowadays come from science and technology. One would have to either self-build without modern technology, or live in a cave / hole in the ground. After the war, the Japanese could register dried up riverbeds as their domicile. Interesting, huh?

As for the medicine one, well, modern medicine is probably the single greatest achievement of science. Understanding of disease, the needs for proper sanitation and even basic hygeine, all come back to science, especially germ theory.

Likewise, the food you eat. One third of the world's population rely on the Haber-Bosch process to provide fertilisers to grow their foodstuffs. Modern agriculture is such as a result of our increased understanding of science, plant and animal nutrition and breeding, and of course technological advances, such as the combine harvester.

So, science is a whole lot more all pervasive in our lives than most of us even think. I won't mention the clothes you're (hopefully) wearing, or the computer you're (definitely) typing on.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by Gastel
Spam? How can topic building be spam?

I would challenge you that my posts hold at least some uniqueness, whereas the majority of messages posted are simply the same rehashing of old, constipated ideas.

Might I refer you to any Atheist arguement (like this one), any IVV post about how many points they have, any of the "World's longest..." or "My clan is ...[text shortened]... other threads and make a point and then defend it. Stay on topic, don't be sidetracked.
Uniqueness?

Here's your 'topic building' post:
I mean, lets face it. Atheists understand reality not works of fiction. Nuff said!

The fact that you compare your posts with IVV's posts on the Clans forum, 'World's Longest..." or even "My clan is so..." posts is very illustrative of where your threads should be.

P

weedhopper

Moves
06 May 08

My point with my quote was that the very technologies that allow homes to be built nowadays come from science and technology. One would have to either self-build without modern technology, or live in a cave / hole in the ground. After the war, the Japanese could register dried up riverbeds as their domicile. Interesting, huh?

As for the medicine o ...[text shortened]... ntion the clothes you're (hopefully) wearing, or the computer you're (definitely) typing on.
Agree with all your point, except the last one. i AM typing on a computer, true--but find the machine to be an infernal abomination. It's a necessary evil, but evil nonetheless. 🙂

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
06 May 08

Agree with all your point, except the last one. i AM typing on a computer, true--but find the machine to be an infernal abomination. It's a necessary evil, but evil nonetheless. 🙂
So, you see, I have not trying to bully, nor to insult, rather to simply reinforce a point that science is very, very pervasive in our world today, and it affects everyone of us, from even before the moment we wake up, to well after we go to sleep.

It really irks me then, that many people here who rely on science for their daily lives, and their daily confort of existance, attack it so readily and so fervently. Scientists are typically just trying to make the world a better place, since the pay ain't great for the effort involved!

G

B is for bye bye

Moves
07 May 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Here's your 'topic building' post:
I mean, lets face it. Atheists understand reality not works of fiction. Nuff said!
7 pages so far.

Also, I was comparing your version of spam with those types of threads, not the R0XX0RZ line of posts.