Arrogance

Arrogance

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
01 Apr 06

Is it arrogant to believe that your religion is the one and only religion ? Is it arrogant to believe that all other belief systems outside of the Christian one are part of the Devils plan to trick the hopeless sinner into Hell ? Is it arrogant to think that your special Book is the one with all the answers and that all other special Books are that of the Devil ? Is it somewhat arrogant to believe that if you don't believe a certain way you must burn in Hell for all of eternity ?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Apr 06

Originally posted by buckky
Is it arrogant to believe that your religion is the one and only religion ? Is it arrogant to believe that all other belief systems outside of the Christian one are part of the Devils plan to trick the hopeless sinner into Hell ? Is it arrogant to think that your special Book is the one with all the answers and that all other special Books are that of the ...[text shortened]... to believe that if you don't believe a certain way you must burn in Hell for all of eternity ?
Are these rhetorical questions?

l

London

Moves
01 Apr 06

Is it arrogant to believe that your religion is the one and only religion ? Is it arrogant to believe that all other belief systems outside of the Christian one are part of the Devils plan to trick the hopeless sinner into Hell ? Is it arrogant to think that your special Book is the one with all the answers and that all other special Books are that of the ...[text shortened]... to believe that if you don't believe a certain way you must burn in Hell for all of eternity ?
Depends on the justification for each of those assertions.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 06

Depends on your definition of "arrogant." According to God, arrogance is any authority set up against Him.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Apr 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Depends on your definition of "arrogant." According to God, arrogance is any authority set up against Him.
Did he tell you that himself?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 06

Originally posted by rwingett
Did he tell you that himself?
Yes and no. He did tell us through indirect agents, otherwise known as divine revelation.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Apr 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Yes and no. He did tell [b]us through indirect agents, otherwise known as divine revelation.[/b]
A secondhand party providing hearsay from a hypothetical source. Think that'll hold up in court?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 06

Originally posted by rwingett
A secondhand party providing hearsay from a hypothetical source. Think that'll hold up in court?
I am absolutely counting on it. In what are you putting your confidence?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
01 Apr 06

it's not what you think or believe , it's how you express those thoughts and beliefs to others that can be arrogance.

w

Moves
01 Apr 06

Originally posted by frogstomp
it's not what you think or believe , it's how you express those thoughts and beliefs to others that can be arrogance.
I dare say this is the best post I have heard from you. You are probably waiting one from me now, huh?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
01 Apr 06

Originally posted by whodey
I dare say this is the best post I have heard from you. You are probably waiting one from me now, huh?
thank you