1. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 14:33
    What do u make of these scriptures...(KJV) Revalation 12:7-9 "and there came to be a war in the sky, Michael and his angels battling with the serpent; and the serpent and its angels battled, and did not succeed, nor was there any longer to be found in the sky a place for them. And the great serpent was thrown down, the primeval snake, who is called Devil and Satan, THE MISLEADER OF THE WHOLE WORLD OF MEN-thrown down to the earth and its angels thrown down with it"
    is this yet to happen?
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 16:19
    Originally posted by dale21
    What do u make of these scriptures...(KJV) Revalation 12:7-9 "and there came to be a war in the sky, Michael and his angels battling with the serpent; and the serpent and its angels battled, and did not succeed, nor was there any longer to be found in the sky a place for them. And the great serpent was thrown down, the primeval snake, who is called Devil and ...[text shortened]... LD OF MEN-thrown down to the earth and its angels thrown down with it"
    is this yet to happen?
    If you are easily mis-lead you will believe this mumbo-jumbo has some relevance to your life. If you are not easily mislead you will realise these are the ravings of a jesus cult mystic with less sense than a gerbil.

I hope that clears the issue uo for you.

If you have any more questions about similar derranged claptrap please do not hesitate to post them on here. I will do my best to help you out.
    I hope this helps.
  3. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 16:29
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    If you are easily mis-lead you will believe this mumbo-jumbo has some relevance to your life. If you are not easily mislead you will realise these are the ravings of a jesus cult mystic with less sense than a gerbil.

I hope that clears the issue uo for you.

If you have any more questions about similar derranged claptrap please do not hesitate to post them on here. I will do my best to help you out.
    I hope this helps.
    if you had some basis for an intellectual discussion of the written word of God i would understand. but instead you through insults around just because you dont share the same beliefs. very mature
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 16:51
    if you had some basis for an intellectual discussion of the written word of God i would understand. but instead you through insults around just because you dont share the same beliefs. very mature
    Wow, dale. It sounds like you are the one being immature. You ask a question about a piece of literature, and when you get a critical response to the text, you attack the person's character.

It seems that you only want responses from people who think this part of Revelation is a true prophecy. If so, you should be honest from the start, so that you won't insult the people who do not share your superstitions.

I could go on and on about possible symbols and untestable connections. It might be an enjoyable, imaginative excercise, but having read Revelation quite a few times, I'm pretty sure that I will never see it as anything more than the ravings of a cult mystic.

5. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 16:54
    What do u make of these scriptures...(KJV) Revalation 12:7-9 "and there came to be a war in the sky, Michael and his angels battling with the serpent; and the serpent and its angels battled, and did not succeed, nor was there any longer to be found in the sky a place for them. And the great serpent was thrown down, the primeval snake, who is called Devil and ...[text shortened]... LD OF MEN-thrown down to the earth and its angels thrown down with it"
    is this yet to happen?
    My understanding is that this historical event occured between the creation of the world, and the fall of man. This is how (and why) Lucifer came to be in the garden tempting Eve.

6. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 17:31
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b]Wow, dale. It sounds like you are the one being immature. You ask a question about a piece of literature, and when you get a critical response to the text, you attack the person's character.
    he could of at least said why he felt that way instead of just calling me names and making me look stupid. i can make myself look stupid better than any1 else. i just wondered what people thought without the name calling. sorry to all those offended
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 18:06
    Originally posted by chinking58
    My understanding is that this historical event occured between the creation of the world, and the fall of man. This is how (and why) Lucifer came to be in the garden tempting Eve.

There is no historical events involving Satan, just as there are no historical events involving magical pink unicorns or Sherlock Holmes.
  8. Joined
    25 May '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 18:35
    but at least sherlock holmes is entertaining.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 19:49
    Originally posted by e4 effort
    but at least sherlock holmes is entertaining.
    No he isn't he is from Europe, he is not American so therefore he is boring.
  10. The sky
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 20:26
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The scriptures are not American either, so...?
  11. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 20:45
    I would hapily discuss the book of revelation. Its one of my favourite parts of the bible (KJV) for the intesity and poetry of the language. However, I do not believe a word of it; anyone who bases their life plan around the prophesies in revelation needs their head examined.
  12. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 20:49
    he could of at least said why he felt that way instead of just calling me names and making me look stupid. i can make myself look stupid better than any1 else. i just wondered what people thought without the name calling. sorry to all those offended
    That wasn't name calling! I have a wide range of insults and obscenity in my lexicon and I used none of it.

As you mention it, yes I'm sure you can.

I hope this helps
  13. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 20:51
    Originally posted by chinking58

Allegorical foundation myths and history are two different things.

Please try to stop these schoolboy errors.
  14. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 20:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Ah, America! The home of culture, the land that gave us Mickey Mouse.

(A bonus for the quotation on which the above is based. I'm a little ashamed to use it!)
  15. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 21:48
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Ah, America! The home of culture, the land that gave us Mickey Mouse.

(A bonus for the quotation on which the above is based. I'm a little ashamed to use it!)
    there's an old saying which i just made up...

it's much better to live in the country that gave the world Mickey Mouse that it is to live in a Mickey Mouse country.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree