Are God-dispensers really necessary?

Are God-dispensers really necessary?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Feb 22
4 edits

@sonship, if I may follow up on your post in another thread:

@sonship said
"Acts 7:2 says that the God of glory appeared to Abraham. That appearing certainly was a dispensing. Abraham could have faith in God because God had been dispensed into him.

The same thing happened to us when we heard the gospel and repented. As we were repenting and confessing our sins to God, God was dispensing Himself into us, although we might not have been conscious of God’s dispensing at the time. As we recall our experience, however, we realize that this was the case. On the day I repented and made confession to God of my sinfulness, something was dispensed into my being. I wept, but inwardly I was on fire. This was God’s inspiration and also His dispensation. When God comes to inspire us, He dispenses Himself into us. Nothing can change us like God’s dispensation. It can transform a robber into a saint, because it dispenses the holy nature of God into him. I encourage you all to go to the Lord for thirty minutes for His dispensation. During that time, forget your problems and your environment. Simply open to Him and confess your shortcomings and wrongdoings. The more you confess to Him, the more the way will be open for Him to dispense Himself into you.

No matter what term we use—dispensing, inspiring, transfusing, or infusing—the experience is the same. I do not care for terminology; I care for the divine element being imparted into you. We need God to get into us. We need the element of God to be wrought into our being. This is the meaning of dispensation. "

: 李常受; pinyin: Lǐ Chángshòu; 1905 – June 9, 1997) aka Witness Lee

Hmm. If God is Omnipresent, then isn't God already in us whether we like it or not?

On the other hand, maybe God is Omnipresent but also allows us to have our little independent bubble-spaces, and respects our boundaries until we voluntarily [without any dodgy, arm-twisting shenanigans like Pascal's Wager] invite God in to improve us, with our of course only partially informed consent.

Pretty scary thought, though, to invite the God of All Time and Space to possess oneself. I can imagine many believers think, "Nope, not for me."

However, I do appreciate whenever someone else respects my boundaries and is considerate enough to wait for a clear invitation in some areas.

Also, maybe that micro-withdrawal by God (or restraint from permeation) at the personal level could be said to echo the idea in Jewish cosmology that God withdrew Himself from the Cosmos so that it could occur [I might have written that inaccurately; corrections welcome].

On the other hand, let's say that God is Omnipresent and All-Permeating all the time. Then maybe it's more a matter of the believer recognizing that they have clouds and occlusions, and asking God for help in dispersing them.

Maybe just different symbological approaches to a psycho-spiritual process or navigation or wandering or stumbling about. 😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Feb 22
2 edits

@Kevin-Eleven

Hmm. If God is Omnipresent, then isn't God already in us whether we like it or not?

No, God is not indwelling all people.
There is a difference between the omnipresence of God and the indwelling of the Spirit of God within man's being.

Having said that, ALL PEOPLE are created in ther image of God (Gen 1:26,27)
So the image of God is in every human being.

Imagine a glove madfe in the image of a human hand.
The analogy is meant to help and is not perfect.

Some look at the glove and say "Hey, there is a HAND in the glove."
Actually, there is at creation only the IMAGE of a HAND "in the glove:.

However if a person slips a hand into the glove made in a fashio to contain a hand, THEN, one may say "Now, there is indeed a HAND, a living HAND in the glove."

It is similar with God dispesning Himself in Christ as the Holy Spirit into man to indwell man after tha man has been justified from sin.

Pretty scary thought, though, to invite the God of All Time and Space to possess oneself. I can imagine many believers think, "Nope, not for me."

When Jesus spoke of receiving Him, He also usedd things like crumbs of bread, bread, water, breath. These are not scary things. These analogies Jesus used to show that God is like eadible or small enough to be received.

Yes God us big and great.
But He is everything and He can also be small enough to eat like "the bread of life" or "the weater of life" or "the Holy breath [Spirit]".

God is also GENTLE and the Holy Spirit is depicted as a DOVE. Now He is symbolized as an EAGLE elsewhere in the Bible, IE, Exodus. But in the Gospels God is symbolized as a gentle DOVE. You know a DOVE is a very gentle creature and easily shewed away.

So the God who desires to come into our spirit is a gentle one like a small dove. Yet an eternal One also.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Feb 22
1 edit

However, I do appreciate whenever someone else respects my boundaries and is considerate enough to wait for a clear invitation in some areas.

That is Jesus.
You will never find aother Person who will as so much love you for yourself.
Give God some credit.
Psalm 33 says that He the very one who fashioned our psychological heart.

"He who fashions the hearts of them all, He discerns their works." (Psa, 33:15)

You owe something of you unique individuality to your Creator.
He fashions each heart and observes our deeds.

The soul of each one of us is capable of expressing the uncreated Person in a unique way that ONLY each of us can express. Your individuality means something to God. Look at creation. Look at the uniqueness of each snowflake. There is none like each one. And they are all unique.

The masterpiece of God is to build them all up together in love into a corporate "city" at the end of history called the New Jerusalem See the symbolism in the last two chapters of the Bible - Revelation 21 and 22.

You have the last word in this post tonight.

Also, maybe that micro-withdrawal by God (or restraint from permeation) at the personal level could be said to echo the idea in Jewish cosmology that God withdrew Himself from the Cosmos so that it could occur [I might have written that inaccurately; corrections welcome].

On the other hand, let's say that God is Omnipresent and All-Permeating all the time. Then maybe it's more a matter of the believer recognizing that they have clouds and occlusions, and asking God for help in dispersing them.

Maybe just different symbological approaches to a psycho-spiritual process or navigation or wandering or stumbling about. 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 22

Moves
23 Feb 22
2 edits