any good rock music?

any good rock music?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
25 Oct 07

whats the best rock of the late 80's to early 90's?

j

Moves
25 Oct 07

This has nothing to with Spirituality really. This is my opinion.

I think Rock Music with its incessant stomping thump of a beat has outlived its artistic usefulness by about 40 years.

I only hear one song anymore - "Stomp, Smack, Stomp, Smack, Stomp, Smack."

Probably the last serious Rock musician of any talent was, let's say, Ricky Nelson.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
Guns 'n' Roses

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
25 Oct 07
2 edits

Originally posted by jaywill

I think Rock Music with its incessant stomping thump of a beat has outlived its artistic usefulness by about 40 years.

Probably the last serious Rock musician of any talent was, let's say, Ricky Nelson.
You should be ashamed of yourself. 😉

EDIT: Aerosmith, the Stones and Modest Mouse have been making the rotation on my I-pod recently.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
25 Oct 07

More evidence that your theology is deeply stunted.

T

Moves
25 Oct 07

Like so much pablum doled out to the masses 🙂

S

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Guns 'n' Roses
😞

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
Has to be U2 but I guess you would figure someone would say that. U2 proved that the Devil doesn't always have the best music!

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
25 Oct 07

There were some great ones: Ray Boltz (great hair), Stryper (the face paint was an original idea), and DC Talk (amazing rappers and mostly white). Still the best has to be Petra.

U2 is good too . . . if you worship Satan.

S

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by knightmeister
Has to be U2 but I guess you would figure someone would say that. U2 proved that the Devil doesn't always have the best music!
U2 just about sum up my view of Christianity; a group with a figurehead who thinks he's god, but whose material is really just a bit lame. If you took away all the frills (ie The Edge's rubbish delay effects) you're left with the theological equivalent of a nursery rhyme.

P

weedhopper

Moves
25 Oct 07

that's a tough one since I stopped listening to radio in 1979. Dire Straits was good for 15 minutes. And did The Who record anything in the 80s? The dinosaurs had already peaked--tho I will give the Stones some credit if Tattoo You came in the 80s

w

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
that's a tough one since I stopped listening to radio in 1979. Dire Straits was good for 15 minutes. And did The Who record anything in the 80s? The dinosaurs had already peaked--tho I will give the Stones some credit if Tattoo You came in the 80s
What? No Pink Floyd? Quite frankly sir, I'm beginning to wonder if your avator name is steeped in hypocrisy. 😛

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
What? No Pink Floyd? Quite frankly sir, I'm beginning to wonder if your avator name is steeped in hypocrisy. 😛
Pink Floyd, like U2, is for Satan worshippers. I'd say it's for drug users too, but then that would be redundant.

w

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by telerion
Pink Floyd, like U2, is for Satan worshippers. I'd say it's for drug users too, but then that would be redundant.
You forgot to include Seahawk fans.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
You forgot to include Seahawk fans.
Whoa..Seahawks?! Are you from the Great NW?