Another sign.......

Another sign.......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Apr 11

Luke 21:25-26 (New Living Translation)

25 “And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. 26 People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken.

Cape Town

Moves
04 Apr 11

Originally posted by galveston75

25 “And there will be strange signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. 26 People will be terrified at what they see coming upon the earth, for the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
So have you seen these signs too? Are they signs the rest of us can see, or are they like the other ones, hidden to those of us without spiritual sight?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Apr 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
So have you seen these signs too? Are they signs the rest of us can see, or are they like the other ones, hidden to those of us without spiritual sight?
No not all of them. But the scriptures did not say that all these signs would happen at the exact same time but would all happen within a certian period of time. He used the illustration of the fig tree (Matt 24:32,33 ) as showing us that as Spring would arrive, certian plants and trees would show this arrival of Spring by blooming. But not all plants bloom at the same time, do they? So no doubt the signs would all not happen at the same time but would all happen within a certian and noticable period of time.
Also all these signs and warnings would be able to be seen by all as this scripture clearly says. Ones may refuse to acknowledge them for what they are and who there from.....But they will be visable to all.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
05 Apr 11

No not all of them. But the scriptures did not say that all these signs would happen at the exact same time but would all happen within a certian period of time. He used the illustration of the fig tree (Matt 24:32,33 ) as showing us that as Spring would arrive, certian plants and trees would show this arrival of Spring by blooming. But not all plants bl ...[text shortened]... se to acknowledge them for what they are and who there from.....But they will be visable to all.
Oddly the people who lived with Jesus and knew him personally hung around Jerusalem for many years expecting the end to come pretty soon. When there was an unexpected delay, then the story had to be re-written and so indeed it was and will continue to be until the end of time, which is a bit like the Restaurant at the End of the Universe I suppose, and there will be people saying "told you so," but others will be saying hang on, there are some signs still mssing, it's not due yeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Apr 11

Originally posted by finnegan
Oddly the people who lived with Jesus and knew him personally hung around Jerusalem for many years expecting the end to come pretty soon. When there was an unexpected delay, then the story had to be re-written and so indeed it was and will continue to be until the end of time, which is a bit like the Restaurant at the End of the Universe I suppose, and ther ...[text shortened]... thers will be saying hang on, there are some signs still mssing, it's not due yeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Choose as you wish.

2 Peter 3:2-7 (New Living Translation)

2 I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostles.

3 Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”

5 They deliberately forget that God made the heavens by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. 6 Then he used the water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. 7 And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
05 Apr 11

Choose as you wish.

2 Peter 3:2-7 (New Living Translation)

2 I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostles.

3 Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happe ...[text shortened]... up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed.
But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. 9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment.[a]

11 Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live, 12 looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames. 13 But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness.

14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.

15 And remember, the Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—16 speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
05 Apr 11

Now what is your point?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Apr 11

Now what is your point?
My point is what the scriptures are telling us. What is your point?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Apr 11

But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. 9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as ...[text shortened]... erent, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.
Ah finally!! Someone who understands scripture, not just repeats it!!
God bless you finnegan 😉

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Apr 11

The thing is about all these doomsday scenarios is that its just fodder for fear mongering. It doesn't really help with any real spiritual nourishment.
You could die any second. a meteorite may wipe out a third of the Earths population next week. So what? Why would you live any differently to what you are already doing? In the absence of any concrete proof there is no point living in fear , just in case it may be true.
Even if it is true, you still shouldn't live in fear.

(I make these comments in relation to the people that frequent the forum here. Most, if not all seems to have their minds made up about how it is already, so I dont see where these threads r going-other than to the Watchtower 😀 )

Cape Town

Moves
05 Apr 11

Also all these signs and warnings would be able to be seen by all as this scripture clearly says. Ones may refuse to acknowledge them for what they are and who there from.....But they will be visable to all.
So you are changing your stance now. In the other thread you assured me that I would not be able to see them due to my lack of spiritual sight. Now you say I can see them. Interesting though that you were unable to point them out to me last time. All you ever came up with heresay and a feeling you got from watching the news.

Can you see the ones you mention in this thread or have they not yet come to pass? If you can see them, are you able to mention what you have seen?

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
05 Apr 11

26 People will be terrified? Only 26? 😀😀

They must be the chosen few.... LOL....

-m. (soz, I couldn't resist,,, it's the way you tell'em!) 😉

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Apr 11
4 edits

Originally posted by mikelom
26 People will be terrified? Only 26? 😀😀

They must be the chosen few.... LOL....

-m. (soz, I couldn't resist,,, it's the way you tell'em!) 😉
But look!!! 26 = 2 x 13. The product of 2 primes, the first being the first prime to have one digit, the second being the second prime to have 2 digits. Moreover 3-1=2 !!! and 13+3 = 2^2, 2 ways to get 2 from 13 and the second being the square of 2! 😲
Also, the scrabble score of "thirteen" is 10, and 10 = 2 in binary Whilst for "two", take it's highest scoring letter 'w' (pronounced "double u" - 2 u's) (score = 2^2) and subtract off the others t and o (put them together to get "to" (sounds like two)) to get 2 again!

Surely a sign that Galv is spouting nonsense. It's the number 2 you ought to be worrying about! 😲

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
05 Apr 11
2 edits

My point is what the scriptures are telling us. What is your point?
Well there are two quite distinct messages in my opinion.

Historically, the early followers of Jesus lived in the expectation that the end was imminent. When it was deferred they required an explanation which is offered in this letter from Peter. It is a way to deal with the failure of their initial beliefs by altering their beliefs to fit events (non-events). It was quite a slow process. Historically, the genius of Paul was to devise an entirely original way to interpret the teachings of Jesus which became a basis for Christianity, though he also expected the Messiah to come in his lifetime.

The message emerging from this is a moral or spiritual one - it is wise to live in the expectation of the end (either personal death or collective destruction) because, as long as that is before our minds, we will find it urgent to sustain a virtuous life.

Sadly there have always been people who prefer to focus on the trivia - the depiction of the end of days and the physical signs of imminent chaos, when they expect that the just will be saved and the rest destroyed painfully. This "messianic" thinking is deluded. Indeed it is hard to see how the delight taken in visualising the painful torment of our enemies and the physical, materialist glorification of our friends is in any way reflective of the Gospel messages, certainly not the Sermon on the Mount. I predict that if you are found in that state of mind then your end will be quite disastrous in terms of these prophecies.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
05 Apr 11

Originally posted by Agerg
But look!!! 26 = 2 x 13. The product of 2 primes, the first being the first prime to have one digit, the second being the second prime to have 2 digits. Moreover 3-1=2 !!! and 13+3 = 2^2, 2 ways to get 2 from 13 and the second being the square of 2! 😲
Also, the scrabble score of "thirteen" is 10, and 10 = 2 in binary Whilst for "two", take it's highest scor ...[text shortened]... hat Galv is spouting nonsense. It's the number 2 you ought to be worrying about! 😲
yes but one is the loneliest number