Another 3 Islamic maniacs locked up

Another 3 Islamic maniacs locked up

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
08 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by black beetle
Oh ye long leggedy beastie Rabbie, this kind of heaven is not exactly the case for the swirling friends of ours that prisoners of Love they remain; as for this miserable black bug, it seems to me it 's condemned to suffer 84.000 million billion trillion lifes before attaining nirvana (but anyway we enjoy several nice trees here in samsara) 😵

And how are you? I wish you well for you and yours
😵
ah Plato's famous chariot of the soul , that white horse shall drive us upward towards virtue, whence the swirling mass of heavenly delights awaits us, while the dark horse drags us downwards towards earthly , animalistic desires.

I have been doing battle with my trinitarian friends, they as yet remain unconvinced of its ancient pre Christian origins, borrowed as they have from the ancient Greeks, who themselves borrowed it form some other people. Yet water as it drips with constancy, may yet make an indentation in the stone!

My chess has suffered as a consequence, this and trying to understand end game principles of how they relate to the opening and the middle game has really just reaffirmed how much i do not understand of the noble game, but i am willing to learn, which is half the battle!

peace to you and yours my friend. I know Yannis had threatened me with a drunk beetle singing techno Greek folk music, but i assured him of your abstinence and calmed my own heart in the process!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ah Plato's famous chariot of the soul , that white horse shall drive us upward towards virtue, whence the swirling mass of heavenly delights awaits us, while the dark horse drags us downwards towards earthly , animalistic desires.

I have been doing battle with my trinitarian friends, they as yet remain unconvinced of its ancient pre Christian or ...[text shortened]... Greek folk music, but i assured him of your abstinence and calmed my own heart in the process!
Oh the trinitarians are probably following a quite ancient Eastern tradition, which it may be in turn caused by a universal archetype that it was developed into a belief; I have to check it a bit further and bring up a theory, but I know that Plato had been influenced big time by the Eastern philosophers -his system is not naturalistic as the common systems of his fellow Greeks🙂 however when I asked our Wise sister I had in mind merely our swirling brothers.

Regarding chess, well, it seems to me that I am stuck in the middle; I can make no progress although I try hard my tactics and my strategy, and my results are poor🙁

And this period I work my @$$ out, oh the horror, so I ain't got time to sing; and whattapity too, for the time being there is no any 3/7 octet tourney available for the puir 2000+ RHP player🙁

Good night now my trusty feer Rabbie
😵

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by black beetle
And after the annihilation of your self, what? Heaven and Hell do you penetrate?
😵
After the annihilation of ego-self, there is then no need for Heaven or Hell as is commonly understood...John Lennon said it well...

Imagine...

One of these days I suspect that the Reality of That will exceed the expectations of my imagination (another definition for ego, perhaps?)

d

Moves
08 Sep 09

After the annihilation of ego-self, there is then no need for Heaven or Hell...
Souls can't be destroyed.

w

Moves
09 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
[b]And Christianity seems to be geared around one specific set of books (the Bible), yet would you say 'the Bible is the religion'? Do you realize that your comment that Mohammed is the religion is somewhat short sighted and rather insulting?
Yes the religion is geared around the Bible. It is the belief that God has worked over the milinium through a myriad of people and has preserved these interactions for all to witness. In fact, if you were in a court of law, what would you rather have? Would it be the word of one man or an army? You then have prophesies pointing to one man who is the Messiah. The Messiah then comes and points to those who prophesied his coming. He then proceeds not to write one word about himself, rather, he prefers.....you guessed it.....an army of witnesses to tell his story.

However, what we have from other religions, such as Islam and Mormanism, that have sprung up around us are individuals, such as Mohammad or John Smith, saying that the Bible has been "corrupted" and proceed to write their own Bibles. We are then to trust their own individual accounts of what God really wishes to tell us. Sorry guy, I don't buy it.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
09 Sep 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Souls can't be destroyed.
Truly...

however...I the ego-self...that's another matter.

Didn't Jesus say that to find oneself one must lose oneself?

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
09 Sep 09

Originally posted by whodey
Yes the religion is geared around the Bible. It is the belief that God has worked over the milinium through a myriad of people and has preserved these interactions for all to witness. In fact, if you were in a court of law, what would you rather have? Would it be the word of one man or an army? You then have prophesies pointing to one man who is the Messi ...[text shortened]... eir own individual accounts of what God really wishes to tell us. Sorry guy, I don't buy it.
I never read anything reporting Mohammad declaring the Bible to be corrupted...especially since in it's current form, the Bible was not even in existence at the time of Mohammad...

As for "John Smith"...are you referring to Joseph Smith, who supposedly translated the Book of Mormon and said that Mormons believe the Bible as far as it is translated correctly...

Should one rely on an incorrectly translated Bible?

w

Moves
09 Sep 09

Originally posted by hakima
For me and others there is a much broader conception of interpretation.

Hakima[/b]
Indeed!! In fact, there are a myraid of ways, it seems, to interpreting the Bible. Just look around. However, as Jesus once asked his disciples, "Whom do you say that I am"? What say you?

T

Moves
09 Sep 09
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
In your rush to accuse me and maintain your position of righteous superiority you make the assumption that I include all Muslims in the generalisation "it's always Muslims"; I mix with and know many lovely Muslim people; but they aren't the problem are they! You continue to maintain your pious stance by attacking my generalisation if you want to, (I adm n't see them from your lofty position, then that is your selective blindness and naivety.
In your rush to accuse me and maintain your position of righteous superiority you make the assumption that I include all Muslims in the generalisation "it's always Muslims"

No such assumption was made or is needed. What you continue to seem to fail to understand is that it is a "maniac" who commits these acts. There are "maniacs" across a wide spectrum of spiritual beliefs, including bombers of abortion clinics, the BTK killer, G W Bush, et al. So it is NOT "always Muslims, always". In fact, it is quite often other than Muslims.

You continue to maintain your pious stance by attacking my generalisation if you want to, (I admit it was a generalisation - but that was obvious wasn't it?)

Yes it was obvious. Just like prejudicial negative stereotypes are obvious generalizations. Is this supposed to be some sort of defense?

w

Moves
09 Sep 09

I never read anything reporting Mohammad declaring the Bible to be corrupted...especially since in it's current form, the Bible was not even in existence at the time of Mohammad...

As for "John Smith"...are you referring to Joseph Smith, who supposedly translated the Book of Mormon and said that Mormons believe the Bible as far as it is translated correctly...

Should one rely on an incorrectly translated Bible?
Muslims that I have talked to have all referred to the Bible as the inspired word of God, but that it is not completly accurate. In fact, there seem to be a myriad of contradictions between what the Bible says and what Mohammad says. I suppose a biggy is that Jesus was crucified on a cross and arose from the grave. Inexplicably, Mohammad teaches that Christ never died upon a cross nor did he rise from the grave. Of course, surrounding this moment is wrapped up in it the entire theology of the Christian doctrine as you well know. In fact, Mohammad was well aware of the Christian theology that he was attempting to debunk.

As for Joseph Smith, (thanks for the correction), there is a difference between interpreting the exact words and rewriting something altogether from how you interpret the gist of what is being said.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
09 Sep 09

Muslims that I have talked to have all referred to the Bible as the inspired word of God, but that it is not completly accurate. In fact, there seem to be a myriad of contradictions between what the Bible says and what Mohammad says. I suppose a biggy is that Jesus was crucified on a cross and arose from the grave. Inexplicably, Mohammad teaches that Chris ...[text shortened]... words and rewriting something altogether from how you interpret the gist of what is being said.
I would sincerely be interested in your reference to Mohammad's commentary regarding the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Have you read the Book of Mormon? It is not a rewrite of the Bible as some assume.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
09 Sep 09

After the annihilation of ego-self, there is then no need for Heaven or Hell as is commonly understood...John Lennon said it well...

Imagine...

One of these days I suspect that the Reality of That will exceed the expectations of my imagination (another definition for ego, perhaps?)
So Heaven and Hell you do penetrate; well roasted Insightful sister keep swirling then 😵

Cape Town

Moves
09 Sep 09

In fact, if you were in a court of law, what would you rather have? Would it be the word of one man or an army?
It depends on the man and the army. As I am sure you well know, it is not a clear cut decision.

He then proceeds not to write one word about himself, rather, he prefers.....you guessed it.....an army of witnesses to tell his story.
However, most Christians still claim that the majority of the content of the Bible is inspired by God. Therefore according to them, the witnesses are irrelevant as they are not the real writers anyway.

We are then to trust their own individual accounts of what God really wishes to tell us. Sorry guy, I don't buy it.
But you probably don't buy it because you became Christian first, not because of some logical sensible deduction process.
The truth is that your faith in the content of the Bible has nothing whatsoever to do with the quantity of witnesses or how trustworthy they were. Do you honestly claim to trust say the writer(s) of genesis? Why? Do you know anything about him /them?
Be honest now, your trust in the Bible has nothing to do with the actual writers nor the quantity or quality of them, but is purely based on content and tradition. How is Islam different (apart from the clearly superior content)?

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
09 Sep 09

Indeed!! In fact, there are a myraid of ways, it seems, to interpreting the Bible. Just look around. However, as Jesus once asked his disciples, "Whom do you say that I am"? What say you?
The question as personal as Peter's answer

Matthew 16:16

"...the Christ, the Son of the Living God."

Now...to understand what that means on a personal level, a discussion regarding the definition of the term "Christ" might be in order....

...but that question has not been asked yet.

d

Moves
09 Sep 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
then they are not Christians, for this is not what Christ taught. please tell me how it is possible to be loving ones neighbour as oneself, while one is killing them?
http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/churchandministry/evangelism/Rodgers_Wars.aspx