An open letter to vistesd

An open letter to vistesd

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
09 Oct 10

Hi everyone, nice to know your thinking of me!

This Vistesd character, is one who i have had some interesting discusions, and he is one who has explored Vedanta to a certain degree.

Sadly, his conclusion of Vedanta is incorrect, but this happens often when persons study Vedanta for all the wrong reasons.

Vistesd is an intelligent man, but his study of Vedanta was out of curiosity and he wanted to expand his knowledge.

Nothing wrong with that, accept to study Vedanta without a care for understanding God, and ones relationship to God, is not the purpose of Vedanta.

The purpose of studying Vedanta is, to bring ones self closer to God in loving relationship, and Vistesd has only been interested in becoming intellectualized
These people who are only concerned with gathering knowledge, sadly miss the opportunity to develope sentiments towards God.

Vistesd has actually from his involvement in Vedanta, concluded that there is no Godhead at all, and that everything is one.

If you think by Vistesd coming back into these discussions, it will bring sanity, it wont.....because

Vistesd is actually an atheist, but a knowledgable atheist, and he can intellectualize everthing and anything all day long, with no conclusion.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 Oct 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu

This Vistesd character, is one who i have had some interesting discusions, and he is one who has explored Vedanta to a certain degree.

Sadly, his conclusion of Vedanta is incorrect, but this happens often when persons study Vedanta for all the wrong reasons.

Vistesd is an intelligent man, but his stu ...[text shortened]... ble atheist, and he can intellectualize everthing and anything all day long, with no conclusion.
[hangs head in quiet, sorrowful, head-shaking resignation]

F

Moves
09 Oct 10

Vistesd is an intelligent man, but his stu ...[text shortened]... ble atheist, and he can intellectualize everthing and anything all day long, with no conclusion.
It is obvious that you don't like atheists.

But what do you think about them who believe in the bible? Who actually believe in the garden of Eden, the great flooding, the prophecies in Jesaia, the miracles of Jesus, and the stories in the book of revelations, as being true, and not only true but The Truth?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Oct 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
lol. You should put in the [sarcasm] tags for those who aren't familiar with your posts.
Thanks ToO!

Pardon my ignorance, but how does one use sarcasm tags?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Oct 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I think vistesd may at least decline.

I've found myself agreeing with all the comments here.

I'm not sure what to think myself. Vishy is a neutral in my book and so, by default, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Yet he he has treated some other posters rather shabbily.
Taco is taco and has quickily started posting less after being aske ...[text shortened]... Taco should be included here at all.

Will this peter out, or explode in drama? hehehehehe๐Ÿ™‚
Ah heck! I really do like everyone here. Even if we vehemently disagree and I think they're as dumb as a box of hammer heads. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't really think that. Some times though, I get my feelings hurt to think that I am despised because of my beliefs.

T

Moves
09 Oct 10

Originally posted by josephw
Thanks ToO!

Pardon my ignorance, but how does one use sarcasm tags?
Actually it's just a way I've seen some people let others know where their sarcasm begins and ends, but there's nothing official about it.

For example:
[sarcasm]None of josephw's comments ever need sarcasm tags[/sarcasm]

It just points out where I was being sarcastic.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Oct 10

Vedanta. Still sounds a lot like some kind of prescription drug for hemroids. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜€

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Oct 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
It is obvious that you don't like atheists.

But what do you think about them who believe in the bible? Who actually believe in the garden of Eden, the great flooding, the prophecies in Jesaia, the miracles of Jesus, and the stories in the book of revelations, as being true, and not only true but The Truth?
You know as well as I do that these stories are fabricated.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
10 Oct 10

Originally posted by josephw
Vedanta. Still sounds a lot like some kind of prescription drug for hemroids. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜€
Joseph how old are you...are you a pimply faced teenager, still going through puberty?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Oct 10

Joseph how old are you...are you a pimply faced teenager, still going through puberty?
I wish! :'(

I'm pushin' 60. Chronologically.

14 emotionally.

Experientially, life times.

Spiritually, 28.

F

Moves
10 Oct 10
1 edit

You know as well as I do that these stories are fabricated.
We agree on that.

But what do you think about people who actually believe in that kind of stories? That deny reincarnation, and other true wisdom?

m

Moves
11 Oct 10

What's the point if you reincarnate but don't do anything with your life?
That's a question that runs in my head....

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by monty4eyes
Good point๐Ÿ™‚
I guess sometimes the bhoddisattvas are just waitng for the others to catch up...

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Oct 10

Originally posted by monty4eyes
Nobody is doing anything with their lives, its all the same stuff going around in circles.
This is a persons life >

Get born / get an education / get a job / get married / get divorced / hunt everywhere for sex / get old / get sick / and die.

And every time you take birth, its the same stuff and never changes.

The spiritual life stops this cycle of birth and death, this is why its the most important thing you will ever do.

So when you take birth, make sure you take to the teachings of the true bonafide religion....Vedanta, and then you will never come back to this world of suffering, ever again.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 Oct 10

Nobody is doing anything with their lives, its all the same stuff going around in circles.
This is a persons life >

Get born / get an education / get a job / get married / get divorced / hunt everywhere for sex / get old / get sick / and die.

And every time you take birth, its the same stuff and never changes.

The spiritual life stops this cycl ...[text shortened]... e religion....Vedanta, and then you will never come back to this world of suffering, ever again.
Not my life๐Ÿ™‚
I got born...