Am I a real Christian?

Am I a real Christian?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jul 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Why do you twist what he says?

Does he SAY there is scripture saying not to preach the Word to the world?

That is, IF that is what you presume to be doing. After all, there is the Word of God, then there is a man's *version* of the Word of God.
I'm not twisting a thing. No he did not say there was a scripture that says "do not do as Jesus commanded". I know there isn't and probably he knows there isn't either.
It is simply a challenge to him or anyone here who says things like that process is not needed today because of how advanced we are and can now do it as he said by TV, telephone etc.
Yes those avenues can be helpful and can be used by ones who are physically challenged and home confined and can't go door to door.
But to basically blow this command off by him and others is selfish and shows no love for ones neighbor.
This work is not just to educate but it is a life saving work. No different then a ship sinking which this world is. Yes one could just anounce that there is danger and get off the ship. But what for ones who can't hear that warning, or have questions on how to survive this coming end of this system?
Just as Jesus showed you have to do this in person. Jesus could have yelled out from any mountain top and all could have heard no doubt. But he went to their doors and in person in the public areas to directly teach them.
This is what ALL Christians are to do but most do not because their religious leaders have taken the meaning and importance of those words of Jesus away and have turned their positions into one of controlling their flock into being just seat sitters at church with little or no action other then putting money on the collection plate and being told "their saved" and nothing else to do.
So far from the truth....

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jul 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Where's that scripture Ron? Show me that one that says not to do what we do? I'll be waiting.....
There isn't a scripture negating every erroneous activity (not that I'm saying you preaching door to door is erroneous), to expect the Bible to be full of negative commands is a bit silly don't you think?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
There isn't a scripture negating every erroneous activity (not that I'm saying you preaching door to door is erroneous), to expect the Bible to be full of negative commands is a bit silly don't you think?
I think it's silly when anyone especialy a person who says they are a Christian to even hint that ones who actually take the preaching and teaching work seriously and by their own expence and time and sacrifice to do this, is not a command from Jesus and should really not take it seriously but at best find the easy way out and in their comments basically condemn us for doing it.
Even if one does not agree with our beliefs, fine, but is not teaching the words of God and his son by us better then not doing it at all and just sitting at home on our butts watching football?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jul 14

I think it's silly when anyone especialy a person who says they are a Christian to even hint that ones who actually take the preaching and teaching work seriously and by their own expence and time and sacrifice to do this, is not a command from Jesus and should really not take it seriously but at best find the easy way out and in their comments basicall ...[text shortened]... n by us better then not doing it at all and just sitting at home on our butts watching football?
Oh dear come on Galveston, you've only been back 5 minutes and already you are playing the victim card. Please try to not be so persecuted.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jul 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Oh dear come on Galveston, you've only been back 5 minutes and already you are playing the victim card. Please try to not be so persecuted.
LOl. Not even the point here. The discussion is by your own words "Am I a Christian" .
Ron and others here are claiming JW's are not Christians and the ministry work we do is not needed. But yet they claim they are a Christian. So this is where we talk and discuss the points of being a Christian according to the bible, not what we think.
Jesus also said his people would be persecuted did he not?
When were you or Ron last persecuted or harrased for your version of being a christian?
So lets stick to your thread and discuss what it is to be a christian according to the BIBLE..deal?
Maybe you could show some points from the Bible on this.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jul 14

Here is one requirement of being a Christian:

“You must love your neighbor as yourself.”—MATTHEW 22:39.

What does this mean?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Jul 14

What does this mean?
You Christians all have bibles and should be able to answer this with scriptures.....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jul 14
1 edit

What does this mean?
Your neighbor is the one that goes out of his way to help you out. The ones that beat and rob you are not neighbors. Hamas is not a neighbor of Israel because they kidnap Israeli teenagers and kill them and they also fire rockets into Israel in an attempt to kill more Israelis.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Your neighbor is the one that goes out of his way to help you out. The ones that beat and rob you are not neighbors. Hamas is not a neighbor of Israel because they kidnap Israeli teenagers and kill them and they also fire rockets into Israel in an attempt to kill more Israelis.
Help you out how?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jul 14

Help you out how?
By showing mercy.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
By showing mercy.
Great as we all need mercy to be shown towards ourselves too.

I have no doubt you would probably be willing to give anything you have to help a neighbor.

But how far does your neighbor or neighborhood extend out? A block, a mile, or maybe all around the globe?

What if they believe different then you, maybe a diiferent color? Are they still your neighbor?

So giving physical items is great and that was a command from Jesus to do exactly that.

But what about their spirituality? Do we concern ourselves with that?

What about that neighbor that is not Christian and with what we know about the immediate future as you yourself started the post on the "last days", this system of evil doers is about to end and armegeddon. And according to the Bible they may lose out on life.
But what did Jesus say to do? Go preach to the believers? No, he sent out his followers to preach and teach to unbelievers in "all the nations" and that is to find ones who are interested and wanting to know our god and gain a relationship with him and in turn will probably gain life into the promissed kingdom.

The food or clothing is great, but that only helps for that day. Teaching them the bible and about our god would last forever.

Would that not be the ultimate "loving your neighbor"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Jul 14

LOl. Not even the point here. The discussion is by your own words "Am I a Christian" .
Ron and others here are claiming JW's are not Christians and the ministry work we do is not needed. But yet they claim they are a Christian. So this is where we talk and discuss the points of being a Christian according to the bible, not what we think.
Jesus also s ...[text shortened]... ian according to the BIBLE..deal?
Happy to discuss whatever you want to discuss Galveston, but in the final analysis you think the only "real" Christians are "Jehovah's Witnesses" so everything you post is coloured with that perspective. Maybe you could for once stop using the "look at us we're persecuted so we must be God's favourites" argument for 5 seconds and get a wider perspective?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Jul 14

What does this mean?
Well it doesn't mean "you must be a Jehovah's Witness" that's for sure.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Jul 14

You Christians all have bibles and should be able to answer this with scriptures.....
Don't you mean "us Christians"? Or do you see Jehovah's Witnesses as being somehow a separate group from "you Christians"?

rc

Moves
15 Jul 14

Jesus also s ...[text shortened]... ian according to the BIBLE..deal?
When were you or Ron last persecuted or harrased for your version of being a christian?

Like nevah!