All  Wrong

All Wrong

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I'm not making a point, I was just surprised at your reasoning here. You must think all us non-catholics are real dummies, eh?
No I think there are some non-Catholics that are really smart and some Catholics that aren't so smart, just because you're in the right Religion doesn't make you smart, but it can help to understand things better once someone explains it too you

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
20 Apr 10

Originally posted by daniel58
No I think there are some non-Catholics that are really smart and some Catholics that aren't so smart, just because you're in the right Religion doesn't make you smart, but it can help to understand things better once someone explains it too you
So did you convert to Catholicism then? Or were you brought up that way?

d

Moves
20 Apr 10

So did you convert to Catholicism then? Or were you brought up that way?
I was brought up Catholic but I respect other peoples opinion, I realize that we're all not the same, brought up the same etc.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
20 Apr 10

I was brought up Catholic but I respect other peoples opinion, I realize that we're all not the same, brought up the same etc.
Pretty lucky then, being born into the right religion like that. A bit sucky for everyone else though, don't you think?

d

Moves
20 Apr 10

Pretty lucky then, being born into the right religion like that. A bit sucky for everyone else though, don't you think?
Well they can always convert, sometimes the best people are converts, a test if you will from God, they can be more devoted once they learn the Truth what do you think?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
20 Apr 10

Well they can always convert, sometimes the best people are converts, a test if you will from God, they can be more devoted once they learn the Truth what do you think?
Hmmm. From my admittedly non-religious point of view, it doesn't really seem very fair. If you are indeed correct, it would seem that you have had a pretty easy ride of it, whereas some others may have huge obstacles towards converting to RCism. Suppose one was born into an Irish Protestant family?

d

Moves
20 Apr 10

Hmmm. From my admittedly non-religious point of view, it doesn't really seem very fair. If you are indeed correct, it would seem that you have had a pretty easy ride of it, whereas some others may have huge obstacles towards converting to RCism. Suppose one was born into an Irish Protestant family?
I know Elizabeth Seton's family protestant and her family gave her a hard time, but the Truth was more important to her, just because people are born Catholic doesn't mean it's easy, there's still sins, temptations just like there is for everybody else

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
20 Apr 10

I know Elizabeth Seton's family protestant and her family gave her a hard time, but the Truth was more important to her, just because people are born Catholic doesn't mean it's easy, there's still sins, temptations just like there is for everybody else
I think you may be underestimating the strength of feeling between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland, but that's just my opinion. How about somebody who simply doesn't have access to Catholic teaching? Conversion then isn't even an option is it?

d

Moves
20 Apr 10

I think you may be underestimating the strength of feeling between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland, but that's just my opinion. How about somebody who simply doesn't have access to Catholic teaching? Conversion then isn't even an option is it?
Well yes I am a little aware of the situation over there, however, the easiest way to answer that question is, everybody at one time or another has the chance for conversion, that's what I believe, at point in their life they have a chance whether by desire, or priest, or someone telling and helping them.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Apr 10

Well yes I am a little aware of the situation over there, however, the easiest way to answer that question is, everybody at one time or another has the chance for conversion, that's what I believe, at point in their life they have a chance whether by desire, or priest, or someone telling and helping them.
Ok I see. It's odd, then, don't you think, that there are areas of the world where RCism is practically non-existent - do you believe that almost the entire populations of Iran (less than 0.4% Christian), or China(less than 1% Christian) for instance, are simply damned by their own choices? Indeed, the Vatican's own figures suggest that only 17.5% of the world's population follow this variety of Christianity. What of the rest? Incidentally, a recent study arrived at a figure of 22.9% for the proportion of the world population who followed the Muslim religion...

Z

Moves
21 Apr 10

Okay I have no idea what you're talking about but just saying "no religion is right" is not a logical argument, it's not even an argument, it's a statement and a false one at that 🙂
oh, i don't doubt that. i don't agree with that jackass hitchens.

in my post i was simply pointing that your argument that catholicism is the only one "right" is wrong. very wrong. so wrong it has sunk into the deepest pit of wrongness.

d

Moves
21 Apr 10

Ok I see. It's odd, then, don't you think, that there are areas of the world where RCism is practically non-existent - do you believe that almost the entire populations of Iran (less than 0.4% Christian), or China(less than 1% Christian) for instance, are simply damned by their own choices? Indeed, the Vatican's own figures suggest that only 17.5% o ...[text shortened]... gure of 22.9% for the proportion of the world population who followed the Muslim religion...
I was listening to Catholic radio the other day and the asked the same question, how the person answered it on there was you're not responsible for what you don't know if you don't know that Catholicism is the right Religion you're not responsible for not joining it, of course everybody is supposed to seek for the truth, knowing and refusing to believe doesn't count.

d

Moves
21 Apr 10

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
oh, i don't doubt that. i don't agree with that jackass hitchens.

in my post i was simply pointing that your argument that catholicism is the only one "right" is wrong. very wrong. so wrong it has sunk into the deepest pit of wrongness.
O.K I can say the same thing about your post you give no logical argument, it's not even an argument, it's a statement and a wrong one at that 🙂

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Apr 10

...you're not responsible for what you don't know if you don't know that Catholicism is the right Religion you're not responsible for not joining it, of course everybody is supposed to seek for the truth, knowing and refusing to believe doesn't count.
So does this mean that Iranian Muslim can go to RC heaven?

Z

Moves
21 Apr 10

O.K I can say the same thing about your post you give no logical argument, it's not even an argument, it's a statement and a wrong one at that 🙂
ah but i was offering arguments. you just choose to ignore them. you can't go around saying that catholicism is the clearly right religion without offering proof. not to mention ignoring all those insignificant dillemas as to why the "rightest" religion would invent an abomination like the inquisition. or the crusades. or selling indulgences. or covering up for pedophiles. or condoning the holocaust.