1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 12:09
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Would a Japanese businessman shun you as a weirdo if instead of sniffing your soiled schoolgirl's panties you put them on your head?
    I hear everybody's story and I learn by everybody and everything; I am out there -not in front of a screen, that is- and I resist to whatever resists me; I became Myself, and I accept This whilst I decline That😵
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 09:23
    Originally posted by black beetle
    I hear everybody's story and I learn by everybody and everything; I am out there -not in front of a screen, that is- and I resist to whatever resists me; I became Myself, and I accept This whilst I decline That😵
    Isn't this whole thread another instance of religious people not really knowing how to live, only how to die? Obsessing with death, just like the ancient Egyptians. I guess you see actual human life as something somehow so dirty you can only contemplate the time when you will be entering that big scam in the sky.
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 10:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Isn't this whole thread another instance of religious people not really knowing how to live, only how to die? Obsessing with death, just like the ancient Egyptians. I guess you see actual human life as something somehow so dirty you can only contemplate the time when you will be entering that big scam in the sky.
    Sure thing; "religion" is a concept related to the obsession of death and to the luck of understanding the nature of the Human and the qualities of Life; "religion" is based on the immitation of philosophy through pseudoscientific theological doctrines and it is designed to guide the Human to the direction the noble priests are eager to drive her/ him.

It seems to me that, whoever sees through the prism of "religion" the spectrum of the colours of the Light of Life, he chooses blindly to believe that a single colour is by far better or worse than any other, ignoring that the Light of Life is the sole agent from which all the existing colours are emanated. The way out of the misery of our ignorance comes solely when we are looking for a Synthesis backed up by Philosophy and Science, but "religion" has nothing to do neither with Philosophy nor with Science; and this is the reason why the "religion" cannot become a tool for Understanding.

You see, sonhouse my friend, the religionists blindly believe that each colour is "different" at its very nature, that it can be "good" or "evil" itself, therefore they ignore the nature of Life itself; they believe that the living organisms are "designed" by a supreme existence, and they appear to believe that they have to worship that existence (of course this is the dragon of the tale, for I am sure that the top religious personages of each religion and of each denomination they are well aware of the fact that they are struggling not "in the name of god" but in order to gain more secular power -but that's another story).

All this is fine with me, anyone can believe whatever s/he likes. However the problems evolve when the people decide to characterise "infidel enemy" everybody who prefers another, different colour than hers/ his; then it becomes messy, and this attitude has
    Nothing Holy😵
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 10:391 edit
    Sure thing; "religion" is a concept related to the obsession of death and to the luck of understanding the nature of the Human and the qualities of Life; "religion" is based on the immitation of philosophy through pseudoscientific theological doctrines and it is designed to guide the Human to the direction the noble priests are eager to drive her/ him.
    n hers/ his; then it becomes messy, and this attitude has
    Nothing Holy😵
    my dear friends, Sonhouse, Beetle, while i cannot speculate with regard to others, for Christians anyhow, their God is a god of the living, not the dead, as Christ was want to emphasize to his own people. The goal of religion is to lead the adherent to a path of virtue, to enhance virtue and to diminish less noble qualities. But i agree, nothing transcends death!
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 10:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    my dear friends, Sonhouse, Beetle, while i cannot speculate with regard to others, for Christians anyhow, their God is a god of the living, not the dead, as Christ was want to emphasize to his own people. The goal of religion is to lead the adherent to a path of virtue, to enhance virtue and to diminish less noble qualities. But i agree, nothing transcends death!
    It seems to me that the Human can achieve virtue solely through the evaluation of the mind;

The concept of "religion" is just another man-made concept; this miserable atheist black beetle needs solely Philosophy and Science -I enjoy my tree thundering all the way down the river to the Waterfall whilst you enjoy your "religion"
    😵
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 11:19
    It seems to me that the Human can achieve virtue solely through the evaluation of the mind;

The concept of "religion" is just another man-made concept; this miserable atheist black beetle needs solely Philosophy and Science -I enjoy my tree thundering all the way down the river to the Waterfall whilst you enjoy your "religion"
    😵
    ah, i count in worthy and thank God, that today, i may make a deference before you Beetle dude, a Greek and a learned one at that! What if one is unable to grasp or comes to an incorrect evaluation of the mind, will it lead him to a path of virtue or will it not torment him in his confusion, and no matter how hard he tries to grasp, it is beyond him! therefore the noble Greeks, devised a method, did they not, termed “underwriting.” Greek hypogrammon, in which the student would copy the patterns of the master on a wax tablet, and thus the learning process could be complete.

Is it not also with ones path of virtue, there are, as is the case on the chess board, patters that we need to recognize and assimilate into our minds, which lead us on a path of virtue. For the Christian, Christ set the pattern as well as the Prophets, thus by closely following such a path, the adherent has many masters which are able to lead him to a path of virtue, is it not the case?
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 11:39
    ah, i count in worthy and thank God, that today, i may make a deference before you Beetle dude, a Greek and a learned one at that! What if one is unable to grasp or comes to an incorrect evaluation of the mind, will it lead him to a path of virtue or will it not torment him in his confusion, and no matter how hard he tries to grasp, it is beyond him ...[text shortened]... he adherent has many masters which are able to lead him to a path of virtue, is it not the case?
    Oh ye crafty Rabbie,
    If one comes to an incorrect evaluation of the mind he will be aware of this fact due to the contradictions that they will arise at different levels of understanding whilst cross-checking his thoughts; my ancestors used the method you described in order to help the student to use grammar and syntaxis correctly and to enable him to use correctly the Greek language for his personal purposes, for they were aware of the fact that the Human is as intelligent as the richness of his Language permits. However, my trustee feer, they teached solely the technique required in order to become able to "transform/ express" the product of your IQ and EQ combinational ability into a formal notation; thus it seems to me that the results of the evaluation of the mind are irrelevant with the techniques required for the best usage of the mind.

Regarding the patterns, we agree that this method is accurate and is used both by philosophers and scientists; however the theological symbols are based on hermeneutics, and hermeneutics themselves are all irrational because they fall in bits under the hammer of Philosophy and Science. Therefore it seems to me that the product of those theological patterns is not able to lead "as is" to the virtue, for finally the major agent of the virtue is solely your mind and not a so called "holy scripture".
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 11:43
    Sure thing; "religion" is a concept related to the obsession of death and to the luck of understanding the nature of the Human and the qualities of Life; "religion" is based on the immitation of philosophy through pseudoscientific theological doctrines and it is designed to guide the Human to the direction the noble priests are eager to drive her/ him. ...[text shortened]... n hers/ his; then it becomes messy, and this attitude has
    Nothing Holy😵
    Great analogy!
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 11:48
    ah, i count in worthy and thank God, that today, i may make a deference before you Beetle dude, a Greek and a learned one at that! What if one is unable to grasp or comes to an incorrect evaluation of the mind, will it lead him to a path of virtue or will it not torment him in his confusion, and no matter how hard he tries to grasp, it is beyond him ...[text shortened]... he adherent has many masters which are able to lead him to a path of virtue, is it not the case?
    Well look at it this way: After 2000+ years of organized religion, do you think the planet of humans is better off now or not? Have we entered a golden age yet or does that only come after everyone is dead? That is why I say religion is obsessed with death not life.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 12:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well look at it this way: After 2000+ years of organized religion, do you think the planet of humans is better off now or not? Have we entered a golden age yet or does that only come after everyone is dead? That is why I say religion is obsessed with death not life.
    my friend, the ploughman turns up the little mouse while plouging, he has great empathy for the mouse because he himself is also facing forces greater than himself, thus it is with humanity, there are simply greater forces at work, and i am not necessarily talking of the divine nature, for example economics, way back in late nineties i was talking to an American gentleman, a professor of economics at Strathclyde university, he stated that its a monster, we think that we control it, but it in fact controls us! Also the injustice of the system, one side of the world cannot get enough to eat while the other side of the world is dying because of obesity! are there not enough resources on the earth to feed every man women and child? what then is the problem? its nothing short of a mis management of the earths resources, what has this got to do with religion, for is it not the forte of government? we could go on and on about the environment etc etc there are simply greater forces at work than we perhaps care to realize, is it not so?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '09 12:07
    Oh ye crafty Rabbie,
    If one comes to an incorrect evaluation of the mind he will be aware of this fact due to the contradictions that they will arise at different levels of understanding whilst cross-checking his thoughts; my ancestors used the method you described in order to help the student to use grammar and syntaxis correctly and to enable him to ...[text shortened]... ly the major agent of the virtue is solely your mind and not a so called "holy scripture".
    m mm beetler yah wee sleekit beastie, ill need to think about this one!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree