A word Game part 2

A word Game part 2

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Oct 09

I know this seems silly, but if you will, please define the word 'illusion'.

Moves
24 Oct 09

This is where the visual senses are being deceived in some way so as to sense something visually that cannot be, or is not as it appears to be.

A card trick would be an illusion. Spacial distance and two dimension images can cause illusions. A ghost would be an illusion (I say "would be" because there is no evidence to the existence of ghosts, but I'm sure there are people that think they've seen a ghost and perhaps they have - but it's an illusion). There are many optical and graphic illusions.

Illusions cannot happen with the other senses. Illusions are tricks of the eye.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
24 Oct 09

Originally posted by Badwater

Illusions cannot happen with the other senses. Illusions are tricks of the eye.
There are a variety of auditory illusions.

Moves
24 Oct 09
2 edits

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
There are a variety of auditory illusions.
There can be illusions with other senses, but the reason why I would disclude them is that the other senses are not as keen as vision - provided one has sufficient vision. Sure, the other senses can be fooled but that's easily done and if one is using all their senses, to the extent possible, then the optical illusion is the most convincing one and the one that the observer is most likely to trust, or be deceived by.

If I taste something that is what it's not then I tend to not be impressed. If I see something visual, though...if I see a ghost, I mean really see one, it's awfully hard to dissuade the mind from the alternative. Yes, technically, illusions can happen with other senses but visual illusions stand apart.

Moves
24 Oct 09
1 edit

There can be illusions with other senses, but the reason why I would disclude them is that the other senses are not as keen as vision - provided one has sufficient vision. Sure, the other senses can be fooled but that's easily done and if one is using all their senses, to the extent possible, then the optical illusion is the most convincing one and the one e. Yes, technically, illusions can happen with other senses but visual illusions stand apart.
Ignore this, I hit the wrong button, it's late, and I have an early morning.😕

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Oct 09

There can be illusions with other senses, but the reason why I would disclude them is that the other senses are not as keen as vision - provided one has sufficient vision. Sure, the other senses can be fooled but that's easily done and if one is using all their senses, to the extent possible, then the optical illusion is the most convincing one and the one ...[text shortened]... e. Yes, technically, illusions can happen with other senses but visual illusions stand apart.
I largely agree with your reasoning, however it is interesting to be able to define whether noises or 'voices' are coming from outside your head or inside it. Or neither.