A truly loving God...

A truly loving God...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
16 Mar 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Listen, you jumped into the middle of a conversation between KM and I with your judgement when you had no understanding whatsoever of the situation. You had no knowledge of whether any of the three components were true. You had no knowledge of whether KM had knowledge of whether any of the three components were true. You STILL have no such knowledge of AN ...[text shortened]... relevant experience is what counts, as well as intellect", then I suggest you get some.
I can't listen, though I can happily look and read what you have to say. I'm sorry you're getting in a bit of a tiz about this whole matter. Maybe you should take a break. Unfortunately you had already made steps to breaking off that line of discussion you were having, by calling people liars and making value judgements.

And I don't believe you have overcome sin - I would claim this to be a fact. Which makes you wrong - and a LIAR!!!

How can I trust any word you say?

T

Moves
16 Mar 08

Originally posted by cpbrown
I can't listen, though I can happily look and read what you have to say. I'm sorry you're getting in a bit of a tiz about this whole matter. Maybe you should take a break. Unfortunately you had already made steps to breaking off that line of discussion you were having, by calling people liars and making value judgements.

And I don't believe you have overc ...[text shortened]... his to be a fact. Which makes you wrong - and a LIAR!!!

Fascinating that you continue to feel compelled to comment on a situation of which you are extremely ignorant. It's really quite telling.

Also, this is some seriously flawed logic:
"And I don't believe you have overcome sin - I would claim this to be a fact. Which makes you wrong - and a LIAR"

Arguments like the above may fly with your school buddies, but it's laughably incoherent.

c

Moves
16 Mar 08

Fascinating that you continue to feel compelled to comment on a situation of which you are extremely ignorant. It's really quite telling.

Also, this is some seriously flawed logic:
[b]"And I don't believe you have overcome sin - I would claim this to be a fact. Which makes you wrong - and a LIAR"

Arguments like the above may fly with your school buddies, but it's laughably incoherent.[/b]
If you hadn't caught on, I was following the same "logic" you've been using.

How old are you to make these judgements about my age?

T

Moves
16 Mar 08

Listen kid, you seem to have enough trouble with "logic" in general without trying to figure out what "logic" someone else is using in an attempt to mimic them.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Mar 08

It's not like this is the first time I've tried to explain it to you, but I'll once again break this down as simply as possible.

Your "challenge" was made as a statement of fact:
[i]"How do you reconcile the [b]fact
that you have not overcome sin yourself and do not believe Jesus was who he said he was NOR in the Holy Spirit but still think you ca ...[text shortened]... kely either too dense to understand or you simply lack the moral character to care.[/b]
I called it a fact that you have not overcome sin yourself because I have asked you to tell me if I am wrong on this many times and you have yet to put me right on it. I have explicitly stated that I will assume that you have not overcome sin until such point that you tell me that you have.

This is the only way I have of getting anywhere with you because you simply refuse to answer a straight question. Thus , in the light of the absence of any correction from you I shall assume that it IS a fact that you have not overcome sin youself. You have had many , many weeks to correct me on this assumption and you have chosen to remain silent. Therefore , it's reasonable to assume that you haven't overcome youself is it not?

So , instead of waffling on about assumptions and distortions just answer the question and it all goes away!!

Have you overcome sin or not?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Mar 08

I've been down this road many times with ToO. Don't expect him to be able to hold himself to the same logic that he will hold others by . He has no interest in being congruent or consistent. His interest is "I am right and if you challenge me you are a liar". Covenient Huh?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Mar 08

And I don't believe you have overc ...[text shortened]... his to be a fact. Which makes you wrong - and a LIAR!!!

He hasn't overcome sin , that's why he won't answer the question on it. You know it , I know it , he knows it.

T

Moves
16 Mar 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
I called it a fact that you have not overcome sin yourself because I have asked you to tell me if I am wrong on this many times and you have yet to put me right on it. I have explicitly stated that I will assume that you have not overcome sin until such point that you tell me that you have.

This is the only way I have of getting anywhere with you ...[text shortened]... distortions just answer the question and it all goes away!!

Have you overcome sin or not?
As I've pointed out to you, that type of argument is so flawed that it is usually abandoned by people some time in their teens.

Tiffany: "Margaret says you're no longer a virgin. Is it true?"
Bridgett: "It's none of your business."
Tiffany: "Well, if you don't tell me, then I'm going to assume it's true."

Please 🙂

As I've also pointed out to you many times, whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has absolutely no bearing on what Jesus meant when he said things such as "Depart from me, ye who work iniquity".

So spare me the " You have had many , many weeks to correct me on this assumption and you have chosen to remain silent" business.

I've corrected you several times. For whatever reason, you seem to have difficulty comprehending the correction.

So here's yet another example of where you continue to distort the truth to further your own desires. It's people like you who give "Christians" a bad name.

c

Moves
16 Mar 08

As I've pointed out to you, that type of argument is so flawed that it is usually abandoned by people some time in their teens.

Tiffany: "Margaret says you're no longer a virgin. Is it true?"
Bridgett: "It's none of your business."
Tiffany: "Well, if you don't tell me, then I'm going to assume it's true."

Please 🙂

As I've also pointed out t ...[text shortened]... r your own desires. It's people like you who give "Christians" a bad name.
I know exacltly where knightmeister is coming from. You have a certain inability to either 1) answer the question or 2) face up to the truth - i.e. that you have not overcome sin. I can say this because 1) most people, possibly except for the virgin mary / jesus depending on your beliefs, have not overcome sin, and 2) the way we are using the word sin is very loose, i'm assuming we're using it in a Christian sense, in which case you have sinned many a time in your words in this post, by judging, lying, condemning, ridiculing etc. and so have far from overcome.

So i'm not using childlike logic here, I'm using common sense, something you clearly lack. And it's rare of me to criticise people for that.

You're giving the impression of being a sad person getting on in years clinging on to the little threads of meaning he thinks he has, playing chess and making a fool of himself on a website where his bigotry and hypocrisy are becoming plain for everybody to see.

If you weren't so egocentric, you'd attempt to respond to the thread rather than follow this path.

T

Moves
16 Mar 08
4 edits

I know exacltly where knightmeister is coming from. You have a certain inability to either 1) answer the question or 2) face up to the truth - i.e. that you have not overcome sin. I can say this because 1) most people, possibly except for the virgin mary / jesus depending on your beliefs, have not overcome sin, and 2) the way we are using the word sin is ver en't so egocentric, you'd attempt to respond to the thread rather than follow this path.
I'm not surprised that you know where KM is coming from. You seem to operate on about the same level. Unfortunately, when you're a child like yourself, "childlike logic" is pretty much all you have to work with. You can call it "common sense" if it makes you feel better. Unless you come to understand that you have this limitation, you'll be doomed to be limited to it like KM.

Perhaps you'd like to join his "time" threads and tell everyone how "logical" you find him. Looks like he could use the support.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Mar 08
2 edits

I've corrected you several times. For whatever reason, you seem to have difficulty comprehending the correction.

No you haven't because you haven't answered the question as yet and neither are you likely to. You can choose at any moment to put the record straight and spare us all the bother but you choose not to because you are stuck in a corner.

If you say you have overcome sin then I will immediately ask you whether you have ever become irritated with anyone or had a less than compassionate thought concerning anyone in the last few months. You will then be almost definitely found out as having not overcome sin.

If you say you haven't then you will be confronted with the hypocrisy of your stance.

It's logical to assume that if you had really overcome sin then you would just share this with us because your experience would be a miraculous gift to all of us. I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't share it because a man without any sin at all would have nothing to fear from us lower mortals.

In your situation it probably makes sense to stall and deflect by calling others liars. It's also very teenage to pout , cross your arms and refuse to answer a basic question.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Mar 08

I know exacltly where knightmeister is coming from. You have a certain inability to either 1) answer the question or 2) face up to the truth - i.e. that you have not overcome sin. I can say this because 1) most people, possibly except for the virgin mary / jesus depending on your beliefs, have not overcome sin, and 2) the way we are using the word sin is ver ...[text shortened]... en't so egocentric, you'd attempt to respond to the thread rather than follow this path.
Is this the first time he has accused you of being a child? It took longer than I expected. Has he done the "you have eyes but cannot see " thing yet?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Mar 08
1 edit

If you weren't so egocentric, you'd attempt to respond to the thread rather than follow this path.
No No No ! You fool !! You don't understand how it's supposed to work. HE challenges you ---YOU don't challenge him on anything --that's against the rules ! Don't you know that?

You cannot debate with ToO unless you know your place!!! You must learn from him , he cannot learn anything from you. Can't you just put a sock in it and gratefully receive the crumbs he offers you from his throne?

c

Moves
16 Mar 08

No No No ! You fool !! You don't understand how it's supposed to work. HE challenges you ---YOU don't challenge him on anything --that's against the rules ! Don't you know that?

You cannot debate with ToO unless you know your place!!! You must learn from him , he cannot learn anything from you. Can't you just put a sock in it and gratefully receive the crumbs he offers you from his throne?
Hehe so so true. This is my first thread I've followed on this website, so I was unaware of the odd types around. It surprises me constantly how obtuse some people can be. It's kinda sad to be honest, he's disagreed with and insulted (directly or by not levelling with) everyone who hasn't agreed with him. What a sad life not to have any hope of overcoming sin. 😉

T

Moves
16 Mar 08

No you haven't because you haven't answered the question as yet and neither are you likely to. You can choose at any moment to put the record straight and spare us all the bother but you choose not to because you are stuck in a corner.

If you say you have overcome sin then I will immediately ask you whether you have ever become irritated with anyon ...[text shortened]... . It's also very teenage to pout , cross your arms and refuse to answer a basic question.
What you can't seem to comprehend is that the question is a logical fallacy called a red herring. My telling you this is one of the corrections.

What part of "whether or not any given individual has overcome sin has absolutely no bearing on what Jesus meant when he said things such as 'Depart from me, ye who work iniquity' don't you understand?

Then you compound it by using the "unless you tell me I'm going to assume.." ploy.

Then you further compound it by believing that whatever assumption
you made is therefore "fact".

Then you have a couple of other questions that you're ready to ask that are also red herrings.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you're a seriously long way from making a coherent argument.