A Sign From the Lord

A Sign From the Lord

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Why do atheists ceaselessly focus their attention on child rape and murder? Nary a mention of God being there when someone triumphs over a bad situation, or a flower blooms, or at a beautiful sunset.
Atheists blame everything bad on God and give mankind the credit for everything good. It’s the exact opposite of reality.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Atheists blame everything bad on God and give mankind the credit for everything good. It’s the exact opposite of reality.
They're a real "glass half empty" bunch, aren't they?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 May 18

Did you read the studies tab? Maybe try reading what you post before you post it. It’s nowhere near as cut and dried as your conclusion.
I'll tell the fairy in my pocket. You don't get that point, do you.

Let me speak slowly. Your gods are not here. They are invisible and with no tangible presence. Exactly like they do not exist. Exactly! Damn that should give you pause, but it won't, so there is something going on here that has nothing to do the particular belief system you care about. I think it involves psychology.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
25 May 18

Originally posted by @apathist

Let me speak slowly. Your gods are not here. They are invisible and with no tangible presence. Exactly like they do not exist. Exactly! Damn that should give you pause, but it won't, so there is something going on here that has nothing to do the particular belief system you care about. I think it involves psychology.
Can't you just leave us alone and let us believe? In peace? What'd we ever do to you? Huh?

Oh yeah? Well I think your fairy is just plain dumb! That's right I said it! 😠

Sucks when someone ELSE is the bully, huh? Maybe I should kick some sand in yer face too, bub! I'll see you in he... well. No. I won't. But you get the point! 😠

😛

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

Who was it who said online atheists like to discuss the meaning of life?

Can’t remember but that was hilarious.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 May 18

You ignore the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and have no interest in knowing what it is.

You’re like a little child who closes his eyes and thinks everyone disappears.

Sad!

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
25 May 18

You ignore the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and have no interest in knowing what it is.

You’re like a little child who closes his eyes and thinks everyone disappears.

Sad!
Tsk tsk. Watch the one-word interjections at the end! You'll arouse the ire of.... she who will not be named!

🙄

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 May 18

Can't you just leave us alone and let us believe? In peace? What'd we ever do to you? Huh? ...
I do that to get through a day. It helps when you are quiet about your faith.

Sometimes, when we like each other, we can gently explore. And there was nothing gay there at all.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 May 18

Can't you just leave us alone and let us believe? In peace? What'd we ever do to you? Huh?

Oh yeah? Well I think your fairy is just plain dumb! That's right I said it! 😠

Sucks when someone ELSE is the bully, huh? Maybe I should kick some sand in yer face too, bub! I'll see you in he... well. No. I won't. But you get the point! 😠
Tom, I believe mother earth is alive, you know, mind and then. I don't know it though. I don't know christ or god is right or wrong either. What do we know, and why, and what can we learn from that.

Honest searching, not rhetoric and bluster. I want to know the world free from dumb and stupid. So, I gotta move with caution.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 May 18

It surprises me that anyone in the world thinks I'm a bully. I am meek, people! Do a test.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 May 18

It surprises me that anyone in the world thinks I'm a bully. I am meek, people! Do a test.
That was pathetic. Obviously you are a hateful person who doesn't care about truth and justice.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 May 18

That was pathetic. Obviously you are a hateful person who doesn't care about truth and justice.
Bugger your throat. Clearly you are not a nice person.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 May 18

Bugger your throat. Clearly you are not a nice person.
Well, that was bona-fide rude.

Bona means good. Fide means we are playing chess. Am laughing at myself.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
26 May 18

So now you're replying to yourself, eh. Well that's still better than bullying the friendly neighborhood Christians around here. Threatening us with your magickal fairy and stuff.

Now. If you can be nice, I'll start thumbing up your posts. Cuz that's what friends do.

We're friends. Right?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
26 May 18

So if any person suffers horrible abuse or tragedy we now know they weren't theist.

Or are you saying they failed to pray properly?
"So if any person suffers horrible abuse or tragedy we now know they weren't theist."

I think it would be difficult to quantify whether atheists or theists suffer more or less than the other. One thing's for certain. Death is 100% in every generation.

"Or are you saying they failed to pray properly?"

God knows what one is praying for whether they pray properly or not. That's not the issue.
God hears the prayers of His children. Requests and petitions are not always granted. That's not the issue either.

The issue is that God doesn't hear the prayers of those that are not His children unless that prayer is the sinners prayer.

You know what the sinners prayer is don't you?