A question for people who pray.

A question for people who pray.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by choux
Thanks for asking again.

It was God's breath that created the world. Prayer is appealing to the Essence, the Spirit of God. Do you get what I mean? When I meditate, there are images, when I pray, it's focused. I know where I'm going w/ it. When you meditate you let go, and images arise. When you pray, the images are already there. Your images. Which ...[text shortened]... personal...but that's mine. I can imagine Jesus, flowing hair and robes, God, not so much.
Would you say your imiage of Him is a mix of what you've read in hte Bible and people who've been in your life? And that that's why it's so personal?

c

Moves
18 Aug 09

Originally posted by yo its me
Would you say your imiage of Him is a mix of what you've read in hte Bible and people who've been in your life? And that that's why it's so personal?
I had a vision many years ago. Leviticus came to me in a dream, flowing robe, flowing hair. And yes, as a child in Sunday school images were formed, and from the Bible. I have heard directly from God, but it's not language per se, it's communication.