A question for Christians

A question for Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 13

Originally posted by boonon
Hi Galveston, how have you been?

Concerning John 10:16

I have heard it taught that the 'other ones' referred to here is the Gentiles. Before Jesus had come the Isrealites were Gods only flock. In John 10:16 Jesus is referring to the Gentiles:

that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, (Ephesians 3:6 NKJV).

The 'two flocks' .

Just some food for thought.
And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

(John 10:16 NKJV)

The idea that the Israelites are the little flock that Jesus was ministering to at the time and the future converts to Christianity from all nations and tongues were the other sheep that would later be gathered into one flock by hearing the words of Jesus through gospel evangelizing seems to fit with scripture to me too. It is defintely better that the JW interpretation.

The instructor

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I know I am saved because I confessed Jesus as Lord and have believed God raised him from the dead. God promised, He is faithful to his promises.
Do you think God lies?
I don't always know who is saved, I can only tell you about myself. I know many who are saved because I see their works, or they speak in tongues like I do.
Who am I to say who is save fellowship with him.
Why would a Christian want to sin anyway? We sin but not intentionally.
Seems to me that you are infected with the same disease that infects the JWs and some others here. Someone should coin a name for it as it is so widespread. The disease manifestes itself when you have been indoctrinated first and then you read the Bible after. In the case of Galveston and Robbie they were told what to believe and then were shown verses which support that belief. The end behavorial pattern involves picking and chosing small phrases which suits their preconceived doctrines.

Just in this thread alone I asked Galveston to point me to a reference in the Bible on two points and he cannot do it. In your case where does the Bible say that Christ died for our future sins. I would be interested in reading that passage for myself.

You also pointed me to a passage which reads:

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

And you then say that YOU SIN. But then the previous verse in 1 John 3:8 says:

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil

So you are born of God and you sin therefore you are of the Devil?
Do you really understand the Bible.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Aug 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Seems to me that you are infected with the same disease that infects the JWs and some others here. Someone should coin a name for it as it is so widespread. The disease manifestes itself when you have been indoctrinated first and then you read the Bible after. In the case of Galveston and Robbie they were told what to believe and then were shown verses which ...[text shortened]... are born of God and you sin therefore you are of the Devil?
Do you really understand the Bible.
Perhaps I haven't answered you because I have not been on line to read your post yet? Give me a break will ya!!!!
I'll get back to answer you when I have the chance..................

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Aug 13
1 edit

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Aug 13

You already expressed that opinion which you said is clearly stated in the Bible. Do you have a reference ?
Romans 5:12 states that “through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to "all" men because they had "all" sinned.” (Compare 1Jo 1:8-10.)
We all die because we all sin.
Only by not sinning could one not see death. But so far up to this day all humans that have lived, other then Jesus, have died or will see it because of old age or sickness in their future.
All men that sin will die.
Is this good enough for you?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Aug 13

Originally posted by boonon
Hi Galveston, how have you been?

Concerning John 10:16

I have heard it taught that the 'other ones' referred to here is the Gentiles. Before Jesus had come the Isrealites were Gods only flock. In John 10:16 Jesus is referring to the Gentiles:

that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, (Ephesians 3:6 NKJV).

The 'two flocks' .

Just some food for thought.
Hey long time no see. Doing good, how about you?

Yes you are close on your comment. The original chosen ones were from the Jews but after the way was opened up for the gentiles or the rest of the population of humans to be a part of those chosen ones, it is up to Jesus and his Father who would really make up the rest of those chosen ones or the 144,000.
The other flock or the "great crowd" comes from all peoples and all nations. And this other flock have no number and is uncountable as the Bible says.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Aug 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Romans 5:12 states that “through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to "all" men because they had "all" sinned.” (Compare 1Jo 1:8-10.)
We all die because we all sin.
Only by not sinning could one not see death. But so far up to this day all humans that have lived, other then Jesus, have died or will see i ...[text shortened]... ge or sickness in their future.
All men that sin will die.
Is this good enough for you?
Nah .. not good enough. You said "we are all sinners all the time everyday.. The Bible describes several people as 'perfect'. Surely you can see the difference between what you are saying and what the bible clearly says.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Aug 13

Hey long time no see. Doing good, how about you?

Yes you are close on your comment. The original chosen ones were from the Jews but after the way was opened up for the gentiles or the rest of the population of humans to be a part of those chosen ones, it is up to Jesus and his Father who would really make up the rest of those chosen ones or the 144,0 ...[text shortened]... les and all nations. And this other flock have no number and is uncountable as the Bible says.
Revelation says that the 144000 are 12000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.

Should we believe the Watchtower or the Bible? Both cannot be right.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Aug 13

Nah .. not good enough. You said "we are all sinners all the time everyday.. The Bible describes several people as 'perfect'. Surely you can see the difference between what you are saying and what the bible clearly says.
Oh really? Show the scriptures that say others have been perfect other then Jesus.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Aug 13

Revelation says that the 144000 are 12000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.

Should we believe the Watchtower or the Bible? Both cannot be right.
Been here and done that. Not going to waist my time again on this subject...so...no need to ask again.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Aug 13

Oh really? Show the scriptures that say others have been perfect other then Jesus.
I did that already. See page 2. Plus there are several others.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Aug 13
1 edit

He is referring to this:

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

(Romans 5:14 NKJV)

The Instructor