1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 00:341 edit
    Why do people do that when they engage with you in the public forums without hesitation? Now my feelings are hurt and I think our relationship could be damaged irreparably. Furthermore my sense of self esteem has been hit and I feel my value in the world has decreased.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 00:411 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why do people do that when they engage with you in the public forums without hesitation? Now my feelings are hurt and I think our relationship could be damaged irreparably. Furthermore my sense of self esteem has been hit and I feel my value in the world has decreased.
    These feelings are "immaterial" things in the long run. But they won't last forever ~ they are not "immortal". Furthermore, once you die, your "value in the world" will continue to exist only in so far as it is remembered and stored in the narratives that other people are living. It will no longer be under your control in any way whatsoever.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 00:46
    Life happens. Things change, divegeester. Primary issue appears to be unanticipated rejection.
    Give the benefit of doubt that there may be reasons without taking it personally. -Bob
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 00:48
    I find chocolate is a good solution for most things...

And for everything else there's duct tape and WD40...

Reveal Hidden Content
    [Duct tape to keep your stomach in and WD40 to help you squeeze through narrow gaps... like doorways]
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 00:50
    I'm not familiar with the site mechanic at play here... Is this something done automatically or manually?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 01:051 edit
    The unbeliever has nothing left over when his soul life is diminished. The Christian is entirely different. When his soul life is hurt he has Christ in his spirit to enjoy as a counter poise. And each opportunity to enjoy Christ instead of the fallen self results in another degree of transformation into His image.

We our soul life suffers, we enjoy the leftovers - Christ.
    This is like having only five dollars of change in your pocket which can be depleted quickly but you have trillions upon trillions of untold wealth in the bank as a back up.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 01:16
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I find chocolate is a good solution for most things...

And for everything else there's duct tape and WD40...

[hidden] [Duct tape to keep your stomach in and WD40 to help you squeeze through narrow gaps... like doorways] [/hidden]
    Insensitive. Clownish. Crude. There may well be critical issues divegeester's friend is facing into: adverse medical diagnoses; major financial reversal; unforeseen schooling issues with children; an untimely death of a loved one; loss of employment; big weather damage to their home. For the sake of all that's decent, please behave in a civil manner toward divegeester.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 01:21
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Insensitive. Clownish. Crude. There may well be critical issues divegeester's friend is facing into: adverse medical diagnoses; major financial reversal; unforeseen schooling issues with children; an untimely death of a loved one; loss of employment; big weather damage to their home. For the sake of all that's decent, please behave in a civil manner toward divegeester.
    GB, Hell will freeze over before you get to lecture me on manners and I'll give a damn.

Stop being a drama queen and lighten up.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 01:28
    I'm not familiar with the site mechanic at play here... Is this something done automatically or manually?
    googlefudge, Go to "My Home"

Click on "My Ignore List"

Add whomever you choose.

Here's mine:

"My Ignore List (0)

People on your ignore list will not be able to send you messages, challenges, or accept your open invites.
    All special games types, such as clan and tournament games, are not protected by the ignore list."
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 01:421 edit
    googlefudge, Go to "My Home"

Click on "My Ignore List"

Add whomever you choose.

Here's mine:

"My Ignore List (0)

People on your ignore list will not be able to send you messages, challenges, or accept your open invites.
    All special games types, such as clan and tournament games, are not protected by the ignore list."
    Huh. I never knew about that feature.

Probably because I've never wanted to do such a thing. Thankyou.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 01:45
    Huh. I never knew about that feature.

Probably because I've never wanted to do such a thing. Thankyou.
    Mine's still a virgin in its original manufacture's white corrugate packaging as well. lol
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 01:491 edit
    GB, Hell will freeze over before you get to lecture me on manners and I'll give a damn.

Stop being a drama queen and lighten up.

I thought you do not believe in such biblical themes as hell and damnation.

Perhaps you should say that a marshmallow will evolve into a chess set before you take a lecture from GB.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 01:52
    Mine's still a virgin in its original manufacture's white corrugate packaging as well. lol
    I had you on ignore at one point because you ignored a point blank request not to pester me with personal messages. That request still stands although you are no longer on the ignore list.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 06:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    I had you on ignore at one point because you ignored a point blank request not to pester me with personal messages. That request still stands although you are no longer on the ignore list.
    Your secret's safe with me. I won't tell a soul. [See how language often asserts a subliminal mind of its own].
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 06:27
    Your secret's safe with me. I won't tell a soul. [See how language often asserts a subliminal mind of its own].
    It's interesting how you seem to 'boast' about having no one on your ignore list, and yet when I tackled you in public about you sending me unsolicited PMs even after being asked not to, you said I could simply put you on my Ignore List if you didn't want to receive them. I don't think anyone would describe that as a decent stance on your part. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree