A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

A Jehovah's Witness contradiction or plain hypocrisy?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
05 Jan 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
He doesn't mention the JW organisation does he?
so what?

rc

Moves
05 Jan 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Yeah right, you finally figured out. Were all a buch of bullies...Geeeeez.
I cannot wait to beat up my next Bible study LOL

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jan 14

My father was an elder for decades and he said that was the largest issue by far. It's a strong pull for humans.
That'll explain your issues then.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jan 14

Correct me if i'm wrong but you did shun your own daughter didn't you?

rc

Moves
05 Jan 14

That'll explain your issues then.
take that back dude! thats fighting talk!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so what?
So nothing.

rc

Moves
05 Jan 14

and that's getting personal.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jan 14

take that back dude! thats fighting talk!
I always wondered why he was such an arse, now i know why.

rc

Moves
05 Jan 14
1 edit

I always wondered why he was such an arse, now i know why.
thats a bad word in Scotland, mouth washed out with soap bad!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jan 14

nope we are under duress to keep our congregations clean from these bad examples of faithlessness. Interesting was the guy I mentioned earlier, he dissociated himself, went to another church for a while, realised it was an empty facade, eventually claimed he was an atheist and has now left his wife and young family, faithless person. we were right to kick his ilk from our congregation, he was, 'not of our sort'.
It's funny but sometimes a movie or TV show will come out that shows some future idealic, peaceful utopia type of world with all getting along with no crime, injustice, hunger, etc, and most seem to like those type of societies because of the peace and unity among all that is there.
But yet, it is so terrible when the JW's are working for that now by following God's laws and principles to do that now among ourselves.
I think it exposes ones who condemn us for doing this because they have some other motive in their life and do not want to live under God's ways....

Moves
05 Jan 14

My father was an elder for decades and he said that was the largest issue by far. It's a strong pull for humans.
The problem with "sexual immorality" as a label is that it seems to imply sex for sex sake. But the situation often brings true love to people who are in loveless relationships. The decision to discontinue a deep emotional relationship and return to one that is dry and cold, can be the issue, it's not just wanting the sex. I hope elders have training in these distinctions even though they may be duty bound to insist on termination of the relationship and reunion with the spouse if any.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jan 14

thats a bad word in Scotland, mouth washed out with soap bad!
I'm in England. Deal with it.

Now come back to the obesity thread and tell us again how 82,000 deaths a year is not a crisis.

Moves
05 Jan 14

There are millions of ex JWs who would testify that you are.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Jan 14

I did just as God told me to do. And guess what? Did she run away and tell us to go to hell? Hardly my friend. The punishment did exactly as Jehovah designed it and it woke her up spiritually and now is married to a wonderfully spiritually strong man and is actually doing better then anyone in the entire famliy. She would rather die then to miss a meeting ever. She learned the hard way about loosing the relationship of Jehovah and her family and her brothers and sisters in the congregation.
And I can say this is not the exception as most that are disfellowshipped do return and do better spiritually then ever.

Moves
05 Jan 14

nope we are under duress to keep our congregations clean from these bad examples of faithlessness. Interesting was the guy I mentioned earlier, he dissociated himself, went to another church for a while, realised it was an empty facade, eventually claimed he was an atheist and has now left his wife and young family, faithless person. we were right to kick his ilk from our congregation, he was, 'not of our sort'.
Simply choosing to fellowship in another church does not warrant the behaviour of shunning. Please show the scripture which specifically supports this behaviour.