A Few Things That Support a Young Earth

A Few Things That Support a Young Earth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Let them go broke trying to do it. We have enough weapons already to wipe out all humans on Earth. We just got to maintain them, which takes enough money. Christ will be returning soon and then we can beat our swords into plowshares.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Well, that is not going to happen, neither the swords into plowshares nor letting the Chinese get the upper hand in space. Which is a good thing you are not in power. The US would go downhill in a year with you at the helm.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Oct 12

Maybe enough people in the government are finally coming to their senses and realizing we can not keep flushing the taxpayer's money down the toilet. We have social security and medicare to fund, national transportation infrastructure to maintain, and the defense of the nation as big priorities for tax money. It is time to eliminate the wasteful spending, such as the space program from the budget.
So you figure billions of dollars are like just shipped up to the ISS and they float around using 100 dollar bills for toilet paper? You have a garbage mind.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well, that is not going to happen, neither the swords into plowshares nor letting the Chinese get the upper hand in space. Which is a good thing you are not in power. The US would go downhill in a year with you at the helm.
Well, I am not a politician asking for votes for president. I'm satisfied being retired, as long as I keep getting my military retirement, social security, and civil service retirement pensions. Keep the tax money coming. Just don't waste it on junk science and imaginary star wars expenses. I can't afford it with the energy, etc, prices rising.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 Oct 12

Well, I am not a politician asking for votes for president. I'm satisfied being retired, as long as I keep getting my military retirement, social security, and civil service retirement pensions. Keep the tax money coming. Just don't waste it on junk science and imaginary star wars expenses. I can't afford it with the energy, etc, prices rising.
Heh. Just send you 15% less and sit back and enjoy the debates 😀 .. after all your not really pulling your weight enough around here.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Oct 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Heh. Just send you 15% less and sit back and enjoy the debates 😀 .. after all your not really pulling your weight enough around here.
Not acceptable. I have already paid my dues to society. Now I must pay my dues to Christ Jesus.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Oct 12

So you figure billions of dollars are like just shipped up to the ISS and they float around using 100 dollar bills for toilet paper? You have a garbage mind.
It might as well be. What has it got to do with teaching the gospel to the entire world?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Oct 12

It might as well be. What has it got to do with teaching the gospel to the entire world?
That is one of most disgusting features of christianity. Foisting religion on people who would otherwise live happily in their own culture but forced into your religion under threat of death. Of course that is in the past you would say, but there is absolutely no guarantee it won't happen again. Your religion has a lot to answer for, unspeakable atrocities and no, pointing out other atrocities does nothing to ameliorate the atrocities of your religion, I don't even want to call it by the name you use, it is hypocritical even in its name. It is really Paulism. I will refer to it as Paulism from now on.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Oct 12

That is one of most disgusting features of christianity. Foisting religion on people who would otherwise live happily in their own culture but forced into your religion under threat of death. Of course that is in the past you would say, but there is absolutely no guarantee it won't happen again. Your religion has a lot to answer for, unspeakable atrocities ...[text shortened]... ypocritical even in its name. It is really Paulism. I will refer to it as Paulism from now on.
Christianity, as the name inplies, is the anointed religion by God. The anointing is a stimulation to do the will of God. True and undefiled religion is replacing the love of self as your first love with the love of Christ. Those operating in egotism, impure devotion, eye service or motivated by nefarious agendas will be clothed with a sense of accomplishment but have no anointing.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Oct 12

Christianity, as the name inplies, is the anointed religion by God. The anointing is a stimulation to do the will of God. True and undefiled religion is replacing the love of self as your first love with the love of Christ. Those operating in egotism, impure devotion, eye service or motivated by nefarious agendas will be clothed with a sense of accomplishment but have no anointing.
Dream on, Paulism is hypocritical from day one, lies based on an onion layer of lies. You are duped and you don't even know it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Oct 12

Dream on, Paulism is hypocritical from day one, lies based on an onion layer of lies. You are duped and you don't even know it.
If I am duped, then yes, I do not know it.

Z

Moves
22 Oct 12

cool, non-science thread in spirituality (created by Rjhinds) gets 100 replies.

there must have been any progress done, right? something rjhinds adjusted his opinion on? anything?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
23 Oct 12

RJ so what is your answer to the Time/Light travel time problem ? I understand that beyond a certain point measurements can no longer be done by parallax but Light is another way they ascertain distances and I understand the error is like 10% or less. If the universe and earth is only 6000 years old we should be living in a 6000 light years across bubble of time and space. The milky way is more than 100,000 light years across. I know one of your answers is that God stretched out the heavens but what is the physical evidence of this in the heavens? What are or would be the ramifications of this?

PS: I do believe God created the Heavens and the earth but how do we know the age of the universe when there is conflicting evidence? I agree that human history only being about 6-7K years just seems crazy to me and I don't buy some of the cockimamy answers some people give on here for this. Why did man suddenly learn to read and write and keep track of time and learn to farm in only the last 6 to 7k years if were were around far longer ? Something does not add up if you take it at what most people say.

Manny

Moves
23 Oct 12

Originally posted by menace71
RJ so what is your answer to the Time/Light travel time problem ? I understand that beyond a certain point measurements can no longer be done by parallax but Light is another way they ascertain distances and I understand the error is like 10% or less. If the universe and earth is only 6000 years old we should be living in a 6000 light years across bubble of ...[text shortened]... around far longer ? Something does not add up if you take it at what most people say.

Manny
I do believe God created the Heavens and the earth but how do we know the age of the universe when
there is conflicting evidence?

What conflicting evidence?

I agree that human history only being about 6-7K years just seems crazy to me and I don't buy some of
the cockimamy answers some people give on here for this.
Why did man suddenly learn to read and write and keep track of time and learn to farm in only the last 6 to 7k
years if were were around far longer ?
Something does not add up if you take it at what most people say.

Ok well first off the beginnings of human civilization go back approx 10,000 years not 6~7.
But human history goes back much further than that. Tens to hundreds of thousands of years...
Millions if you count evolutionary history.

Second, man did not 'suddenly' anything. The invention of written languages took centuries at least (and language is
still being developed in an ongoing process) and farming also did not arise overnight.

I am intrigued as to what you think the 'cockamamie answers' you have received are but the evidence tells us that
homo sapiens evolved into their present form several hundred thousand years ago.

The fact that you or others might consider it implausible that we took in your view so long to develop civilization
is irrelevant because we are not making predictions about how long we think it took.
We are looking at the evidence that shows how long it actually took.

As Sherlock Holmes would say, "facts before theories, not theories before facts."

If your hypothesis about how, and why, and how fast, humans 'should' have developed doesn't match with observed
data then there is something wrong with your hypothesis.

Reality is under no obligation to function the way you (or anyone else) thinks it should.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
RJ so what is your answer to the Time/Light travel time problem ? I understand that beyond a certain point measurements can no longer be done by parallax but Light is another way they ascertain distances and I understand the error is like 10% or less. If the universe and earth is only 6000 years old we should be living in a 6000 light years across bubble of around far longer ? Something does not add up if you take it at what most people say.

Manny
I am not a scientist and therefore I can not explain what happened at the beginning in scientific terms and neither can any scientist because they were not there. All we both can do is put forward conjectures.

I might be wrong but I believe they assume the sun and the stars were in existence before the Earth because the information I have seen on the age of the Earth is 4.5 billion years compared to stars being given ages from 9 to 13 billion years.

The Holy Bible says the physical heavens and the Earth was created by God at about the same time within a single week of time. The Earth was created in rough form of all the elements, including the water combination that covered the earth during the first day of creation. After light waves and/or particles were created, then the moon, sun, and stars were created to distribute or reflect light in the heavens.

My conjecture is that God stretched out the heavens as He made those stars and all the stars were once much closer to the Earth and light waves, or whatever light is made of, did not have to travel to get from the stars to the Earth because it was already here. Then God set up the laws of the universe, including the speed of light during this time of creation, as He progressed in the creation process.

Much of the heavens appear dark to me and I believe that may be because God streatched out the heavens faster than the speed He set for light to travel. So just because the heavens have been determined to be many thousands of years across according to correct sicientific measurements does not necessarily mean the stars are themselves that old.

Moves
23 Oct 12

I am not a scientist and therefore I can not explain what happened at the beginning in scientific terms and neither can any scientist because they were not there. All we both can do is put forward conjectures.

I might be wrong but I believe they assume the sun and the stars were in existence before the Earth because the information I have seen on the age ...[text shortened]... to correct sicientific measurements does not necessarily mean the stars are themselves that old.
you missed the part where god has to manually alter the redshift from all the stars in the universe. even though we wouldnt have the ability to know this until the 'end days' when it would be meaningless. why bother making the universe expand in the first place?