A Covenant That Can't Be Broken.

A Covenant That Can't Be Broken.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Dec 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
First, what unique claims did Jews make which were fulfilled?
Second, can you cite any other religion's claims that either not
fulfilled or not specific enough to merit consideration?

Personally, I don't believe that you've studied the prior contracts
such that you can make a positive statement about their claims' not
being valid.

Nemesio
Puzzling post. I spoke in reference to the contracts made with and for the Jew, not by the Jew. Namely, the covenants.
To what were you referrring?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
21 Dec 05

Let me walk you through it:

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
There are actual, specified contracts related to land, progeny and etc., made prior to the granting of any of the same.

Which 'actual, specified contracts' were made and subsequently fulfilled?

While a few of the existing races may be able to do some impressive tracing of their roots, none can lay claim to having prior contracts purposing what they are in retrospect able to trace.

Which existing races have you studied and have ruled out as either 1) not having contracts; and
2) having contracts that were not fulfilled?

Nemesio

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
21 Dec 05

Let me walk you through it:

Which 'actual, specified contracts' were made and subsequently fulfilled?

Which existing races have you studied and have ruled out as either 1) not having contracts; and
2) having contracts that were not fulfilled?

Nemesio
Thanks for walking so slowly, daddy. What an ass you can be sometimes (although I'm certainly neither the first or the last to point that out to you.)

Being the erudite observer of Jewish traditions, surely you do not require someone as lowly in philosophical stature as me to remind you of the Abrahamic, Palestinian, Davidic, etc., covenants made by God with the Jews.

To my very limited knowledge, there are no other races on the face of the planet which were given any convenant with God, let alone five of them. Which race did you have in mind?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
21 Dec 05

To my very limited knowledge, there are no other races on the face of the planet which were given any convenant with God, let alone five of them. Which race did you have in mind?

Let's review again. You said:

While a few of the existing races may be able to do some impressive tracing of their roots, none can lay claim to having prior contracts purposing what they are in retrospect able to trace.

You have expressed that 'none can lay claim....' This is a positive argument you make
in favor of your claim that the Jewish covenent is unique or special on some way. I am asking
which races or cultures have you traced with a detail approaching the study you have given the
Jewish covenant.

The reason I ask is because I think it is an empty claim. I do not believe you have done any
such study, but you have accepted that the Jewish covenant is ordained by God and have
excluded other races on that basis alone. You have no support to your argument whatsoever;
it's just empty blather.

Being the erudite observer of Jewish traditions, surely you do not require someone as lowly in philosophical stature as me to remind you of the Abrahamic, Palestinian, Davidic, etc., covenants made by God with the Jews.

I'm not the one making the claim. I don't know what covenant you are referring to as being
unique to the Jews and having been fulfilled. I can't examine that claim in contrast with other
races and religious claims or even Nostradamus until you specify what specifically was promised
and what was fulfilled. Just referring to this as 'The Covenant' doesn't inform anyone of anything,
because, as you well know, there are just as many interpretations of what the covenant entails
as there are Jews (or Christians).

Nemesio

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

[b]To my very limited knowledge, there are no other races on the face of the planet which were given any convenant with God, let alone five of them. Which race did you have in mind?

Let's review again. You said:

While a few of the existing races may be able to do some impressive tracing of their roots, none can lay claim to having prior contr ...[text shortened]... many interpretations of what the covenant entails
as there are Jews (or Christians).

Nemesio
Slight correction. In saying 'none can lay claim', this is actually a negative argument against ALL other races being able to have the same claim as the Jew. Namely, the Jews were given five contracts from God, some of which are already in effect, some to be fulfilled in the future.

That being said, if you are privvy to a race of people who have a complementary history, by all means, produce the same.

I exclude no race, claim no people illegitimate on the basis of their non-Jewry. I am simply acknowledging the overwhelming historically obvious: the Jew is unique among the races.

The Bible should be allowed to interpret itself. If you wish to discuss the different convenants, conditional and unconditional, fulfilled and prophetic, that's another thread altogether.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
22 Dec 05

Slight correction. In saying 'none can lay claim', this is actually a negative argument against ALL other races being able to have the same claim as the Jew. Namely, the Jews were given five contracts from God, some of which are already in effect, some to be fulfilled in the future.

You are unfamiliar with logical constucts. When you say 'None can do X,' you are positively
asserting something. For example, if you say 'No penguin can fly,' then you are asserting
something which you can (theoretically) prove.

So, when you say, 'none can lay claim,' you are positively stating that no other race can make
the sorts of general claims that they are favored by God that Jews can.

And so, I'll return to my question: Which other races' histories have you studied closely such that
you can make such a claim?

That being said, if you are privvy to a race of people who have a complementary history, by all means, produce the same.

I am not making the claim. You are. It is your duty to support such an outlandish claim with
something other than the fact that I should trust you.

I exclude no race, claim no people illegitimate on the basis of their non-Jewry. I am simply acknowledging the overwhelming historically obvious: the Jew is unique among the races.

Your last comment is just silly. Of course, the Jewish people are unique. But so are the Asians,
the Celts, the Norse, and the Anglosaxans. So what?

The Bible should be allowed to interpret itself. If you wish to discuss the different convenants, conditional and unconditional, fulfilled and prophetic, that's another thread altogether.

The title of this thread is 'a Covenant That Can't Be Broken.' Which covenant are we talking about?
You must know, you wrote 'There are actual, specified contracts related to land, progeny and etc.,
made prior to the granting of any of the same.' Where are these contracts?

Nemesio

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

[b]Slight correction. In saying 'none can lay claim', this is actually a negative argument against ALL other races being able to have the same claim as the Jew. Namely, the Jews were given five contracts from God, some of which are already in effect, some to be fulfilled in the future.

You are unfamiliar with ...[text shortened]...
Of course, the Jewish people are unique. So what?

Where are these contracts?

Nemesio[/b]
Not sure what a 'constuct' is, exactly, but you appear to have cornered the market on it (them?).
If I assert that no penguin can fly, shouldn't it be rather easy to refute the statement with proof otherwise? [Hint: the refutation would sound something like, "Oh, really? What of the flying penguin of Petaluma?"]

The Jew stands as the pivotal race in human history. How's that for unique? Although other races have played prominent roles in the panorama of man's time on earth, none have played, are presently playing, or will in the future play the position of importance as the Jew. Nations rise and fall dependent upon their treatment of the Jew.

Three of the five contracts have been named thus far in my previous post. Why not start there?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Dec 05

The Jew stands as the pivotal race in human history. How's that for unique? Although other races have played prominent roles in the panorama of man's time on earth, none have played, are presently playing, or will in the future play the position of importance as the Jew. Nations rise and fall dependent upon their treatment of the Jew.
What are you talking about? Most nations of the world past and present have had little to no interaction with Jews as any kind of political force affecting their rise or fall.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
What are you talking about? Most nations of the world past and present have had little to no interaction with Jews as any kind of political force affecting their rise or fall.
By "nations," I was not referencing all societies, only those who have had interactions with them. Incidentally, your use of "most" may be a little exuberant.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Dec 05

Incidentally, your use of "most" may be a little exuberant.
Name one nation in North, Central or South America whose rise or fall has been dependent upon its treatment of Jews.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

Name one nation in North, Central or South America whose rise or fall has been dependent upon its treatment of Jews.
The 'rise' is easy. The USA has been a haven for Jews, and none of the named land masses currently have govenrments or societies which openly engage in anti-Semitism.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Dec 05
1 edit

None of the named land masses currently have govenrments or societies which openly engage in anti-Semitism.
But there's nothing special about Jews in this regard. Their governments don't actively engage in any sort of racial supremecy. For example, there is no Brazilian policy of anti-Norwegianism. Did Brazil's rise thus depend on its treatment of Norwegians?

Name one nation in the Far East whose rise or fall has been affected by its treatment of Jews.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Dec 05

Did Brazil's rise thus depend on its treatment of Norwegians?

Name one nation in the Far East whose rise or fall has been affected by its treatment of Jews.
You're running with half the argument, so it's difficult to answer that type of distinction.

I can't think of one nation in the Far East, unless, of course, you include Russia.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
22 Dec 05

If I assert that no penguin can fly, shouldn't it be rather easy to refute the statement with proof otherwise? [Hint: the refutation would sound something like, "Oh, really? What of the flying penguin of Petaluma?"]

Yes, but just because I don't know of any doesn't mean the statement is or is not true.
So, in the absence of knowing a counterexample, to prove that your statement
has any validity, you have to offer evidence. You have yet to do so.

You're just repeating yourself. How are they unique? What have they done? Say something
definitive, not something elusive.

Three of the five contracts have been named thus far in my previous post. Why not start there?

Where are these contracts stipulated? I can say that the Africans have a magical contract and
it's been fulfilled, going to be fulfilled, and everything else. Would you believe me? Of course,
you'd ask 'Where does this contract come from, when was it penned, what does it say?'

These are my questions.

Nemesio

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
22 Dec 05

You're running with half the argument, so it's difficult to answer that type of distinction.
You haven't provided the details of your argument. He's just fishing to try to figure out
what the hell you are saying.