A couple of questions about gays

A couple of questions about gays

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by black beetle
Nope; them filthy gays went all the way down to their slippery (when wet) journey's miserable end thirsty for Lust and hungry for the fruits of Passion. And they were wild with the bananas
Aren't we all thursty for Lust and hungry for the fruits of Passion?

(btw, I didn't mean cod's creation, I meant god's creation.)

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Aren't we all thursty for Lust and hungry for the fruits of Passion?

(btw, I didn't mean cod's creation, I meant god's creation.)
I was joking FF dude! Who do you think I am???????????

Of course it's allright with gays. One has the right to have his own sexuality, his preferencies and his taste and all.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
10 Sep 08

How 's the wheather up north In Goeteborg😀

F

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by black beetle
I was joking FF dude! Who do you think I am???????????

Of course it's allright with gays. One has the right to have his own sexuality, his preferencies and his taste and all.
Yes, I knew you were joking. 🙂 I just wanted to bring the joke a little bit further.

Why are people so interested of what others do in their bedrooms? I can't get it? If two men, or two women, are doing things behind a closed door, or one woman and one man for that matter too, or two men and one woman... (nah, now we shouldn't start fantisizing, should we?) what do we have to bother?

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
I had two conversations in the past couple of days. One was with a preacher. He said he was outraged that a gay person would sing at a funeral. My question is this: Is it appropiate for gay people to sing at such a sacred event?

My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out ...[text shortened]... stion is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
Hearken to the ministry of Jesus of Nazareth. Was there ever a time where he did not preach or act not solidly and completely on behalf of the disenfranchised?

Who is disenfranchised among these people? Is it the preacher? Or the mother? Somehow I don't think so.

These are not Christians, although it's not clear that the mother has any religious affiliation. Perhaps one day they may have their own epiphany or theophany and find Jesus. I say this not at the exclusion of other beliefs or absence thereof. Others are certainly entitled to those beliefs. What I mean is that far too many Christians think that at the end of their mortal coil awaits a Jesus, smiling and beckoning with open arms to come to him. Maybe for some that will be the case. For others that will not.

It is to a Christian's peril that they remain unaware of the only Biblical account of someone other than the initial disciples encountering the Christ. For this I point to the 9th chapter of Acts. Saul is the only person that seems to ever have encountered the post-ascension Christ, and Jesus certainly wasn't happy with him, ready to forgive him and welcome Saul with a smile and open arms as his buddy! On the contrary, Saul is stricken blind, and his physical being at that point gets to start emulating his spiritual self. Saul may as well be dead if he remains blind; even though he doesn't remain so, regardless, he is forever changed. Not in a friendly way, either. His encounter with the Christ is tempestuous, violently usurping himself and everything he ever thought about himself - or about Jesus.

May all Christians encounter the Christ. May they truly see after their blindness has been lifted. In the meantime they will wallow in their own little hell of their own making, blissfully unaware of what the Christ spiritually compels from us and the sacrifices needed to take those steps forward. For too many it will be much easier to take the shallower path and embrace their bff Jesus with a hearty "Yo, dude!"

Illinois

Moves
10 Sep 08
1 edit

I had two conversations in the past couple of days. One was with a preacher. He said he was outraged that a gay person would sing at a funeral. My question is this: Is it appropiate for gay people to sing at such a sacred event?

My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out stion is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
Christians are entirely too obsessed with gay people. It's embarrassing. Contempt is nothing that should reside in a Christian's heart.

If you hate your gay neighbor, what reward have you? Even bigots do the same.

Z

Moves
10 Sep 08

My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out ...[text shortened]... stion is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
look for Lewis Black comedy number on gays. It is a very good explanation why people think God's greatest problem is not americans bombing people or muslims bombing people, or africans killing each other, but gays banging each other in the ass.

we have hunger, murder, disease in the world and they are called part of god's plan by some insane christians and accepted(odd enough). but none of the above christian can accept homosexuality. to those people i wish they have a gay son or daughter.

P

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by whodey

Anyhew, just for the record gays should only be allowed to sing at gay events such as weddings, bar mitzvah's, and Judy Garland festivals. I think that is only common sense.
I really hope you're kidding.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
10 Sep 08

Outraged at a gay singing in church?
I would presume there's a higher chance of an ABBA song by a gay singer... which means there's a higher chance of church actually being enjoyable...

as for the hypocrisy. Most sane people oppose the death penalty, but would gladly see the murderer of their child killed.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Sep 08

Recently, that is in the last couple of years or so, I've rethunk my position concerning homosexuals participating in church events.

Considering that there are obviously unsaved persons sitting in the pews participating in church activities all the time anyway, why worry about it?

That isn't to say that individuals openly engaged in immoral lifestyles should be allowed to be a part of the family of God in the worship of God. The instruction book is clear concerning those matters.

Besides, how can a person who has not been baptised into Christ by the Holy Spirit actually worship God anyway? If one is not a member of the only true church, i.e. the Body of Christ, then one worships in vain.

God will sort the whole thing out in the end.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by josephw
Recently, that is in the last couple of years or so, I've rethunk my position concerning homosexuals participating in church events.
Was your prior position more or less abhorrent than this one?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
11 Sep 08

Considering that there are obviously unsaved persons sitting in the pews participating in church activities all the time anyway, why worry about it?

That isn't to say that individuals openly engaged in immoral lifestyles ...[text shortened]... he Body of Christ, then one worships in vain.

God will sort the whole thing out in the end.
Probably the best Sunday school teacher my kids ever had was a lesbian. She was a very humble Christian woman who loved to serve God.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Sep 08

Whether something is "appropriate" at a funeral usually depends on:
1. the beliefs and wishes of the deceased.
2. the beliefs and wishes of the attendees.
I don't think that there is anything at all that is universally appropriate or inappropriate.

My other conversation was with a woman who swore that if she found out her daughter was a lesbian she would throw her out of the house and never let her back in or talk to her again, but at the same time she said she would defend her gay hairdressor "to the death." My question is this: Can someone help me figure this one out? Or have I entered the Twighlite Zone?
We apply different rules to:
1. our work lives
2. our social lives
3. our family lives
When I worked in Zambia, I met a white South African who said "I have no problem working with blacks, but just don't ask me to socialize with them".
I also know people (of all colors) who will quite happily socialize interacialy but would not want their children to marry someone of other races or of a particular race. I know an Indian lady whose parents disowned her for marrying a white man.
The same applies to people of certain religions. For example I have Muslim friends, but they wouldn't want me marrying their daughters.

Cape Town

Moves
11 Sep 08

That isn't to say that individuals openly engaged in immoral lifestyles should be allowed to be a part of the family of God in the worship of God. The instruction book is clear concerning those matters.
Its not quite clear from your post. Are you saying that gay people are "openly engaged in immoral lifestyles"?

I have often been told that it is impossible to avoid sin, so doesn't that mean that everyone is necessarily engaged in a sinful lifestyle?

Besides, how can a person who has not been baptised into Christ by the Holy Spirit actually worship God anyway? If one is not a member of the only true church, i.e. the Body of Christ, then one worships in vain.
Again, are you implying that it is impossible for a gay person to enter heaven? Or are you only referring to people who are actively engaged in a gay relationship?
Would you have the same things to say about a couple that is not married but living together?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 Sep 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
Its not quite clear from your post. Are you saying that gay people are "openly engaged in immoral lifestyles"?

I have often been told that it is impossible to avoid sin, so doesn't that mean that everyone is necessarily engaged in a sinful lifestyle?

[b]Besides, how can a person who has not been baptised into Christ by the Holy Spirit actually worsh ...[text shortened]... Would you have the same things to say about a couple that is not married but living together?
I have never said sinners don't go to heaven.

Think of it this way. An individual recognises that they are a sinner. They see their guilt. They realise they need a savior. They hear the gospel message that Christ died for sinners. They hear that if they believe that Jesus died for them and trust in what Jesus did for them on the cross, then they will be saved.

Right.

Well, what was that individual at the momment of salvation? They were a sinner, right?

Do you think that that means they suddenly change all at once?
No. It takes time to grow.

There's more to it, but I just ran out of time.