A Christian

A Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
22 Aug 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
Just intereseted to know which parts of the Bible you believe?
In a word . "word"
In 4 words. "word of the kingdom"

exactly that and nothing more. Don't need anything else.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Aug 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
And Lukes source for "Acts " was Paul was it not?
No...Paul came later.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Aug 05

Originally posted by chinking58
Indeed, parts of the Bible that have become 'irrelevant' because a practice was defeated are applicably irrelevant to us today; except in the lessons we can glean from them.

You've heard it before: Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

If it weren't for the lessons about mankind, about God's nature and character, and ...[text shortened]... be moved today by the dedication and fortitude of some of the people involved in that service.)
Hi chinking58...
I am surprised with the comments here...The whole bible is relevant today...in fact one cannot fully understand the New Testament without a good understanding of the Old Testamant.
The New Testament is concealed in OT...There are many many records of the forshadowing of Jesus Christ...they are called types of Christ...there are many lessons to be learned it the OT...we are told in Romans 15:4..
The OT tells us much more than the NT about what heaven/paradise will be like.
And sure times have changed, technology has changed but the heart remains the same.
Jer 17:9
9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
(NKJ)

Jer 13:23
23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Then may you also do good who are accustomed to do evil.
(NKJ)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Aug 05

In a word . "word"

You are soooooo vague, does that mean the gospels only?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
22 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Hi chinking58...
I am surprised with the comments here...The whole bible is relevant today...in fact one cannot fully understand the New Testament without a good understanding of the Old Testamant.
The New Testament is concealed in OT...There are many many records of the forshadowing of Jesus Christ...they are called types of Christ...there are many le ...[text shortened]... s skin or the leopard its spots? Then may you also do good who are accustomed to do evil.
(NKJ)
jeez , I seen Paulines before but you're the worst of the lot.

Christ might as well have not bothered being born.

Moves
22 Aug 05

In a word . "word"

OK. So would you be so kind as to explain to my why you only believe the "word of the kingdom" in the Bible, and why you don't need anything else?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
22 Aug 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
You are soooooo vague, does that mean the gospels only?
It means exactly what it says.

Moves
22 Aug 05

It means exactly what it says.
OK. For starters, am I correct in assuming that the "word of the Kingdom" is found in the Bible?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
22 Aug 05

OK. For starters, am I correct in assuming that the "word of the Kingdom" is found in the Bible?
already answered that.

Moves
22 Aug 05

already answered that.
So can I correctly assume that you only believe the "word of the kingdom" in the Bible. In other words do you only believe specific parts of the Bible?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
22 Aug 05

So can I correctly assume that you only believe the "word of the kingdom" in the Bible. In other words do you only believe specific parts of the Bible?
He really has answered that question..."the word"...what does that mean to you (close the Bible for a second)?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
22 Aug 05

Have I ever in any of my posts given any other impression?

Moves
22 Aug 05

Have I ever in any of my posts given any other impression?
Not at all. Just checking...

Now I now like to know if you only believe in the "words of the kingdom" spoken by Christ or do you also believe in the other words spoken by Christ which do not concern "the words of the Kingdom"?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
22 Aug 05

Not at all. Just checking...

Now I now like to know if you only believe in the "words of the kingdom" spoken by Christ or do you also believe in the other words spoken by Christ which do not concern "the words of the Kingdom"?
I have already told you all you need to know.

Moves
22 Aug 05

I have already told you all you need to know.
Are you ashamed of your belief?