A call-out to Christians

A call-out to Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
19 Apr 05

I found this piece by Ralph Wood called "In Defense of Disbelief" and I think he makes some good points. Here is a brief exurpt.

"A healthy dose of Christian disbelief or "holy skepticism" would serve as a much needed antidote to the soft-core spirituality that saps much of contemporary Christianity, especially in its evangelical expression. An anti-doctrinal sentimentality often rules the worship and art of our churches, where self-serving emotions are exalted over true mystery. The church of our time needs a theology that repudiates all saccharine substitutes for the hard thinking that Christian faith requires."

All I can say is "amen."

l

London

Moves
19 Apr 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
I found this piece by Ralph Wood called "In Defense of Disbelief" and I think he makes some good points. Here is a brief exurpt.

"A healthy dose of Christian disbelief or "holy skepticism" would serve as a much needed antidote to the soft-core spirituality that saps much of contemporary Christianity, especially in its evangelical expression. An ...[text shortened]... substitutes for the hard thinking that Christian faith requires."

All I can say is "amen."
Could you post a link? I'd like to read the whole article. Thanks.

j
Top Gun

Angels 20

Moves
19 Apr 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Could you post a link? I'd like to read the whole article. Thanks.
Okay, so a link would have been nice, but it's too easy with the wonders of Google at your fingertips. Took me about 5 seconds:

http://www.firstthings.com/ftissues/ft9810/articles/wood.html

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
19 Apr 05

Originally posted by jimmyb270
Okay, so a link would have been nice, but it's too easy with the wonders of Google at your fingertips. Took me about 5 seconds:

http://www.firstthings.com/ftissues/ft9810/articles/wood.html
Thank you! I'm computor challenged.

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
20 Apr 05

Originally posted by kirksey957

"A healthy dose of Christian disbelief or "holy skepticism" would serve as a much needed antidote...........text shortened.....................for the hard thinking that Christian faith requires."

All I can say is "amen."
Amen!