A brand new flood thread

A brand new flood thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Dec 08

Originally posted by muppyman
So, if I cannot possibly know the truth without accepting that Jesus is God's son, and without having the holy spirit in me, then what are you doing wasting your words trying to expound the truth to me and convince me of it. You surely don't claim to be Jesus or the holy spirit, but it seems to me that you don't trust Jesus to do his own explaining?
Is it ...[text shortened]... tention that you can do a better job of converting the sinners than the God who created them?
Romans 10:13-17

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Dec 08

Originally posted by black beetle
"Objective truth"

😵
😵
Objective meaning from an external source.

Truth from God.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Dec 08

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
so if someone claims he is speaking with jesus and jesus says we must eat cake on fridays, will you listen to him? there a lot of scriptures not included in the bible, by men, what if they are true also? what if someone mistranslated a part of the bible or misinterpreted it?

who gets to decide what is the truth?

"It begins with the realization of who ...[text shortened]... e from a different angle you will understand how many levels of insanity transpire from it.
Good luck finding the truth.

m

Moves
01 Dec 08

Originally posted by josephw
Romans 10:13-17

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of ...[text shortened]... o hath believed our report?

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Let me make a solemn promise to you. I promise to hearken to God's words, and accept the faith that will come to me therefrom, just as soon as He utters the words to me.

Z

Moves
01 Dec 08

Good luck finding the truth.
funny you should mention that. i don't need luck. most of my truth will happen by study, hard work. granted, some researchers need luck from time to time to look in the right place. all i need is a library and the internet and todays knowledge will be revealed.

all you need is the bible.

f

Moves
02 Dec 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
A pizza is round. But it's not spherical.
The Earth, on the other hand is spherical. The bible doesn't say that.
"It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE*
of the earth, and the inhabitants
thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the
heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent
to dwell in." --Isaiah 40:22

*Circle=Hebrew "chuwg",meaning "sphere"

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
02 Dec 08

Objective meaning from an external source.

Truth from God.
The fact that you have your God inside you means not that anyway your God exists or operates outside of you; your "objective truth"/ "truth from God" is an invention of yours.

j

Moves
03 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by freightdog37

Big Bang Theory - a modern theory of the origin of the universe from a infinitely dense singularity.

How pre-scientific the expression "Big Bang". There was no air to hear a noise. How could there have been a big Bang?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Dec 08

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]Big Bang Theory - a modern theory of the origin of the universe from a infinitely dense singularity.

How pre-scientific the expression "Big Bang". There was no air to hear a noise. How could there have been a big Bang?[/b]
If there had been a "Big Bang" God would have heard it and told us about it, don't you think?

Cape Town

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by freightdog37

If the word means sphere, then why is it translated as 'circle'?
And what are the 'heavens' that are stretched out like a tent?

Cape Town

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]Big Bang Theory - a modern theory of the origin of the universe from a infinitely dense singularity.

How pre-scientific the expression "Big Bang". There was no air to hear a noise. How could there have been a big Bang?[/b]
Quite correct. 'Big Bang' is a nickname.

Z

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
big bang seems to be more catchy.

Big Singularity Explosion is kinda long

Cape Town

Moves
04 Dec 08

'Inflation' or 'expansion' are a better fitting terms than 'Explosion', however the word 'inflation' is mostly used for the idea that the expansion was exponential.

Cape Town

Moves
04 Dec 08

Infinitely small singularity would be more accurate.

F

Moves
04 Dec 08

Originally posted by twhitehead
The name "Big Bang" was invented by the theory's criticizer Sir Fred Hoyle, only to mock it.