A Bible related question regarding free will

A Bible related question regarding free will

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Aug 14

Do angels have free will?

People have or are capable of free will, but what about angels? Do they also possess this quality?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
12 Aug 14

Originally posted by lemon lime

People have or are capable of free will, but what about angels? Do they also possess this quality?
no

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Aug 14
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
no
Bible references to support your long winded claim? Or do you just like saying the word "no"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Aug 14

Well a third joined Satan, and two thirds didn't. I'd say choices were made
there by the angels themselves.
Kelly

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
12 Aug 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
Well a third joined Satan, and two thirds didn't. I'd say choices were made
there by the angels themselves.
Kelly
Yes, and I'm inclined to believe free will still exists in that realm just as it still exists in ours. The only real difference being that the results in our realm aren't yet conclusive.

Angels never had to wonder if God exists or not, and they still don't. For them there was no searching to find God, but they still had to decide who they would serve... which in a way is a testament to how influential Satan can be. It's not difficult for Satan to deceive mankind, but to be able to deceive other angels? Wow!

I didn't believe this question would pose a difficulty for most Christians, but I was curious to see if there would be any disagreement or not.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Aug 14

Yes they do......Satan and the demons are proof of that.

rc

Moves
12 Aug 14

Yes they have free will entirely.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Aug 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Yes they have free will entirely.
I can't believe people would fall for this.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
13 Aug 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I can't believe people would fall for this.
Luke: I don't believe it...

Yoda: That is why you fail.

Cape Town

Moves
13 Aug 14

Angels never had to wonder if God exists or not, and they still don't.
If Kelly is to be believed, he doesn't wonder either. God is as real to him as he is to any angel. And if he isn't entirely real to you, you are not a True Christian.

For them there was no searching to find God, but they still had to decide who they would serve... which in a way is a testament to how influential Satan can be.
So who influenced Satan? Why do so many people like to lay the blame on someone else? Why do you think angels play the blame game too?

P

Moves
13 Aug 14

If angels have free will, and in the past some rebelled at least partially because they had free will, is there any reason to assume angels wouldn't rebel again?

Cape Town

Moves
13 Aug 14

Maybe Suzianne can give her input on this thread because I believe she has a concept of free will that requires that the chooser remain partially ignorant.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
13 Aug 14
1 edit

Originally posted by PatNovak
If angels have free will, and in the past some rebelled at least partially because they had free will, is there any reason to assume angels wouldn't rebel again?
I have asked myself the same question, and I think there are plenty of reasons to believe it won't happen again with angels.

The only angels who didn't rebel the first time are still angels. People come and go, new people are born every day to live out their lives and die... but not so with angels or the angels who became demons. I doubt there are angels now who would want to repeat the same mistake they witnessed some of their former colleagues make.

People on the other hand are seriously limited in what information they have to work with... obviously no first hand knowledge of the war in heaven and it's aftermath, let alone first hand knowledge of much of anything. People are always starting out from scratch as babies who need to grow up and learn how to think and get things done. We have a limited time to figure out what is happening and what to do about it... not so with angels. They were there in the beginning and participated in what was happening then. And are still participating in what is happening now, either as Gods agents or as followers of the one who started out as the alpha dog numero uno angel in heaven.

P

Moves
13 Aug 14

I think there are plenty of reasons to believe it won't happen again with angels.

The only angels who didn't rebel the first time are still angels. People come and go, new people are born every day to live out their lives and die... but not so with angels or the angels who became demons. I doubt there are angels now who would want to repeat the same mi ...[text shortened]... s agents or as followers of the one who started out as the alpha dog numero uno angel in heaven.
So is it fair to say you view another rebellion as unlikely but not impossible? And is it possible to entirely eliminate the possibility of rebellion if free will exists?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
13 Aug 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
If Kelly is to be believed, he doesn't wonder either. God is as real to him as he is to any angel. And if he isn't entirely real to you, you are not a True Christian.

[b]For them there was no searching to find God, but they still had to decide who they would serve... which in a way is a testament to how influential Satan can be.

So who influenced ...[text shortened]... y people like to lay the blame on someone else? Why do you think angels play the blame game too?[/b]
So who influenced Satan?

The Bible indicates Lucifer became proud of his position as the most glorious angel in heaven.

There was no one telling him he should think too highly of himself... he was able to do that all on his own through the agency of free will.