A basis for spirituality

A basis for spirituality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

London

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
Which religion advocates destroying other cultures? I wish to study this.

Nyxie
1. I never said "advocates" - merely "would have no problems with".

2. Off the top of my head, Islam has little problems with faithful going to war. Neither does classical Hinduism, for instance. I don't know much about the ancient Greek/Roman religion, but I'm guessing that if they had Ares/Mars, they probably didn't have a serious problem with war either.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
1. I never said "advocates" - merely "would have no problems with".

2. Off the top of my head, Islam has little problems with faithful going to war. Neither does classical Hinduism, for instance. I don't know much about the ancient Greek/Roman religion, but I'm guessing that if they had Ares/Mars, they probably didn't have a serious problem with war either.
But you did use the word 'destroying" the romans and greeks saught to assimiliate. I believe the koran teaches nonviolence. I don't know enough about hinduism to comment on it.

There is a difference between detroying and conquering. If you would say conquering, I would agree with you partially.

U
Solacriptura

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
If sin was dealt with in a non-christian way, would that satisfy you? Say a suggestion that we are seperated from God/the universe/nirvana and we are doomed to strive out entire lives to bridge that gap, to surrender to a force that we can never know? Would that be good enough? No, of course not. If there is no Bible involved, it can't possibly be the truth, right?

... --- ...
Sin does not need to be "dealt with" if not viewed from a Christian way. Sin is about rebellion from God, the only effective way to deal with it is throught the cross. Any other way is ineffective, if it is dealt with by laws of man, then any good lawyer can stifle the penality or render it non existant, just depends on your monetary reserve.

Una

l

London

Moves
21 Mar 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
But you did use the word 'destroying" the romans and greeks saught to assimiliate. I believe the koran teaches nonviolence. I don't know enough about hinduism to comment on it.

There is a difference between detroying and conquering. If you would say conquering, I would agree with you partially.

I spoke of "destroying cultures" not annihilating populations. You can destroy a culture even without killing its citizens.