@JW's: Do I need to join the JWs to go to heaven?

@JW's: Do I need to join the JWs to go to heaven?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Sep 10

Originally posted by divegeester
I agree many claim to be Christians and evidently are not - but scripture clearly says it is by their [b]fruits you shall know then, not their works.

But that is about evidence of salvation not salvation itself - works are done in obedience and obedience is essential for a walk with God, but works are not essential for salvation itself - on ...[text shortened]... he church by any means, but these precepts are the fundamentals of the Christian faith - surely.[/b]
Ahem .. so do you have a Yes or No answer for my rather simple question?

If good works dont come and instead evil works is the result, what then, is the gift of salvation still the end result?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Sep 10

Originally posted by divegeester
Can one of the JWs here please answer this simple question with a straight yes or no? An explanation can follow if you wish, but your answer must begin with an emphatic yes or no please. After all, this is a matter of eternal life and death so the answer should be very clear right?

I have looked on the web and looked in particular here: [b]http://ww ...[text shortened]... rms of doctrine) at all.

Thank you for any help you can give...

Interested at rhp
I almost became a JW.

To answer your question; yes. You must be a JW to go to heaven.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Sep 10
1 edit

You can ask any JW and they'll tell you JW's don't go to heaven.

They believe that God is going to bring them back to life to live here on the earth.

The thing is though, I'm wondering whether or not they'll have any clothes to wear. In their little magazine they show pictures of happy people on this new earth they will live on, but they are wearing clothes.

I don't think that's right! If the JW's are going to be honest they should show happy naked people in their magazine.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
04 Sep 10

Originally posted by galveston75
Well ok then. But you or no one else here has explained all those scriptures that says works have to be involved. One in particular says :Faith without Works is death".
So when you read those scriptures, what is going thru your mind to be able to ignor them? I'm not insulting you but just curious.
works are the fruit of our relationship with Christ, not the cause

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Sep 10

Originally posted by duecer
You got that right.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Sep 10

So if you dont have good works then you dont have a relationship with Christ.
Am I right?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Sep 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
So if you dont have good works then you dont have a relationship with Christ.
Am I right?
Not necessarily.

2 Timothy 2:13 - If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Does that make sense to you?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Sep 10

Originally posted by josephw
Not necessarily.

2 Timothy 2:13 - [b]If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Does that make sense to you?[/b]
No .. explain it to me like Im a 5 yr old, please.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 10

I almost became a JW.

To answer your question; yes. You must be a JW to go to heaven.
I'm a JW and I'm not going to heaven...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 10

You can ask any JW and they'll tell you JW's don't go to heaven.

They believe that God is going to bring them back to life to live here on the earth.

The thing is though, I'm wondering whether or not they'll have any clothes to wear. In their little magazine they show pictures of happy people on this new earth they will live on, but they are wearing cl ...[text shortened]... f the JW's are going to be honest they should show happy naked people in their magazine.
Lol.....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 10

Still can't explain those scriptures?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 10

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm a JW and I'm not going to heaven...
Please stop it Galv, you know exactly what he means. We are all referring to life after THIS life, inclusion in Gods plan, escaping hell, whatever you want to call it. I find your continued evasive responses to question around whether one need to be a JW to be included in any of Gods plans embarrassing and dishonest. Most here know that JW's believe that anyone who is not in their membership will not experience any part of it, earthly or heavenly.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Sep 10

Ahem .. so do you have a Yes or No answer for my rather simple question?

[b]If good works dont come and instead evil works is the result, what then, is the gift of salvation still the end result?
[/b]
Divegeester, do you have a Yes or No answer here?

Or are you going to do like Galveston and avoid these questions.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Sep 10

No .. explain it to me like Im a 5 yr old, please.
Well little Rajk, it's like this; first you hear, then you believe, and then you trust in what Jesus did on the cross on your behalf.

So simple even a child can understand it!

Ephesians 1:13 - In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

It's right there in that verse just as I said. Can you see it? I bet you can't! I bet it looks all jumbled up to you. Go ahead man. I challenge you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 10

Divegeester, do you have a Yes or No answer here?

Or are you going to do like Galveston and avoid these questions.
Salvation has nothing to do with works, good or evil. Is that what you are looking for?