@Jaywill

@Jaywill

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
28 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I gave you a reference that will explain all about the trinity. Apparently,
you don't really want to know the truth. You only want to read false
staements about it.
I dont believe that the Encyclopaedia Britannica is wrong, you have provided no proof,
although you said that its wrong, its your opinion against theirs.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
28 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yet apparently you do, yet you cannot say why, interesting phenomena!
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/176118/Earth-sciences/60411/Geologic-time-and-the-age-of-the-Earth

So you wouldn't argue with Encylcopdeia Brittanica that the earth is 4.2 Billion years old?

----------------------------------

And you wouldn't argue with Encyclopedia Brittanica on the following:

Jehovah’s Witness, member of a millennialist sect that developed within the larger 19th-century Adventist movement in the United States and has since spread worldwide. The Jehovah’s Witnesses are an outgrowth of the International Bible Students Association, which was founded in 1872 in Pittsburgh by Charles Taze Russell.

History

The Adventist movement emerged in the 1830s around the predictions of William Miller, who proclaimed that Jesus Christ would return in 1843 or 1844. When Christ did not return as Miller prophecied, Adventists divided into a number of factions. During the 1870s, Charles Taze Russell established himself as an independent and controversial Adventist teacher. He rejected belief in hell as a place of eternal torment and adopted a nontrinitarian theology that denied the divinity of Jesus. He also interpreted the Second Coming in accordance with the literal translation of the original Greek term, parousia (“presence&rdquo😉, suggesting that Christ would come as an invisible presence and that the parousia, or “Millennial Dawn,” already had occurred, in 1874. The coming of Christ’s invisible presence signaled the end of the current order of society and would be followed by his visible presence and the establishment of the millennial kingdom on Earth in 1914. Although the kingdom did not come, Russell’s teachings motivated a number of volunteers to circulate his many books and pamphlets and a periodical, The Watchtower, and to recalculate the time of the parousia.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/302393/Jehovahs-Witness

-------------------------------

Seems there are some mis-dimensions in your earlier statements?

Simple questions from mikelom.... not stalking... 😉

You chose to state your earlier comments about the age of the earth etc..

Then you ask RJH if he dares to argue with the Encyclopedia Brittanica.

Do you care to argue against it now?

-m.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Dec 11

I dont believe that the Encyclopaedia Britannica is wrong, you have provided no proof,
although you said that its wrong, its your opinion against theirs.
Well read all the reference and compare what it says with what the
Encyclopedia Britannica says and then you can see the difference.
Then maybe you can judge better which is wrong.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
28 Dec 11

Witnesses hold a number of traditional Christian views but also many that are unique to them. They affirm that God—Jehovah—is the most high. Jesus Christ is God’s agent, through whom sinful humans can be reconciled to God. The Holy Spirit is the name of God’s active force in the world. Witnesses believe that they are living in the last days, and they look forward to the imminent establishment of God’s kingdom on Earth, which will be headed by Christ and jointly administered by 144,000 human corulers (Revelation 7:4). Those who acknowledge Jehovah in this life will become members of the millennial kingdom; those who reject him will not go to hell but will face total extinction. New members are baptized by immersion and are expected to live by a strict code of personal conduct. Marriage is considered a holy covenant, and divorce is disapproved of except in cases of adultery. Witnesses participate in the annual commemoration of Christ’s death, celebrated on 14 Nisan of the Jewish calendar (March or April of the Gregorian calendar); Witnesses pass around bread and wine, symbols of the body and blood of Christ. Only those thought to be among the 144,000 corulers eat and drink the bread and wine.

The Witnesses’ teachings also stress strict separation from secular government. Although they are generally law-abiding, believing that governments are established by God to maintain peace and order, they refuse to observe certain laws on biblical grounds. They do not salute the flag of any nation, believing it an act of false worship; they refuse to perform military service; and they do not participate in public elections. These practices have brought them under the scrutiny of government authorities. The U.S. government sent Rutherford and other Watchtower leaders to prison for sedition during World War I. In Germany prior to World War II, the Nazis sent Witnesses to concentration camps, and Witnesses were also persecuted in Britain, Canada, and the United States. After the war the Witnesses brought several suits in<script src="http://adserver.adtechus.com/addyn/3.0/5308.1/1388241/0/170/ADTECH;target=_blank;grp=521;key=history society+religion;kvqsegs=D;kvtopicid=302393;misc=1325086390809"></script> American courts dealing with their beliefs and practices, resulting in 59 Supreme Court rulings that were regarded as major judgments on the free exercise of religion. They continue to face persecution in several countries, however, particularly for their refusal to serve in the military, and they are often publicly derided for their door-to-door evangelism.

The Witnesses’ distrust of contemporary institutions extends to other religious denominations, from which they remain separate. They disavow terms such as minister and church. Christian church leaders have denounced the Witnesses for doctrinal deviation (especially their nontrinitarian teachings) and have condemned them as a cult. Witnesses also oppose certain medical practices that they believe violate Scripture. In particular, they oppose blood transfusions because of the scriptural admonition against the drinking of blood (Leviticus 3:17). This belief, so contrary to modern medical practice, remains an additional point of controversy with authorities, especially in cases concerning children.

Same link from ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA 😉

-m.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
28 Dec 11

Personally, I see the JWs as a cult, same as 7th day adventists, who I have had a lot of dealings with, especially regarding fecked up kids!

Cults should be banned! Cos they just end up killing each other 😀 😀 Thank ye lord. Hallejuya

-m.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 11

Originally posted by mikelom
Personally, I see the JWs as a cult, same as 7th day adventists, who I have had a lot of dealings with, especially regarding fecked up kids!

Cults should be banned! Cos they just end up killing each other 😀 😀 Thank ye lord. Hallejuya

-m.
Oh yeah. We are constantly killing each other as I'm sure you see on the news daily. And we fight in all the wars we can get in and kill everyone we can but especially all the other JW's that are fighting on the other side....

Geeez your really on top of things aren't you?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 11

The Holy Bible also says He humbled himself to take on flesh even though
He was equal with God and was God. So for a short time while dwelling as
flesh and blood he was lower than the angels. But after His resurrection
He obtained all authority in heaven and earth making Him above all things.
So where is this scripture where he says he's EQUAL to GOD? I'll be waiting to see this.....................

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
28 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
So where is this scripture where he says he's EQUAL to GOD? I'll be waiting to see this.....................
I think he might be pointing to Phil. 2:5-8, but we will see what verse he uses.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
28 Dec 11

Oh yeah. We are constantly killing each other as I'm sure you see on the news daily. And we fight in all the wars we can get in and kill everyone we can but especially all the other JW's that are fighting on the other side....

Geeez your really on top of things aren't you?
Oh my! You take things so literally.

But that's just not your fault. It's the indoctrination and spankings you had beaten in to you.

I'm sure, one day, you'll find a way not to take things too literally - when you're dead, basically.

Such a waste of innocent life as a young child...... and look, what happened to you man? :'(

For Christ's sakes.

-m. 🙁

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 11

Originally posted by mikelom
Oh my! You take things so literally.

But that's just not your fault. It's the indoctrination and spankings you had beaten in to you.

I'm sure, one day, you'll find a way not to take things too literally - when you're dead, basically.

Such a waste of innocent life as a young child...... and look, what happened to you man? :'(

For Christ's sakes.

-m. 🙁
And what has happened to me?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
I think he might be pointing to Phil. 2:5-8, but we will see what verse he uses.
Good luck on that one.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Dec 11

All scripture is quoted from the New King James Version.

Speaking to Moses God identifies Himself in Exodus 3:6 as follows:

Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham,
the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face,
for he was afraid to look upon God.

When Moses asks God his name God replies in Exodus 3:14 as follows:

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall
say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

In John 8:58 When the Pharisee asked Jesus who He thought He was
Jesus referred to the above by telling them the following:

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham
was, I AM.” Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid
Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them,
and so passed by.

The Jews wanted to stone Him for making Himself equal to God by
claiming the name "I AM" told to Moses for Himself.

Other Jews had wanted to Kill him for making Himself equal to God.

Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not
only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father,
making Himself equal with God. (John 5:18)

Then again in John 10:30 Jesus says, "I and My Father are one.”
Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered
them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which
of those works do you stone Me?”
The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You,
but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

rc

Moves
29 Dec 11

there is no such scripture my brother, why, because the trinity is not a product of
scripture but of the application of neoplatonic metaphysical principles applied to the
very simple relationship between father and son, their failure, for all to see, is that
they have attempted to make the father and the son the same entity, a massive fail of
truly non biblical proportions and that is why, to this very day they attempt to portray
elements not explicitly stated in scripture, like this latest fail of RJH's.

rc

Moves
29 Dec 11
1 edit

All scripture is quoted from the New King James Version.

Speaking to Moses God identifies Himself in Exodus 3:6 as follows:

Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham,
the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face,
for he was afraid to look upon God.

When Moses asks God his name God replies in Exodus 3:14 a rk we do not stone You,
but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”
Jesus in none of these verses claims that he is equal to God, claiming that you are one
with something, is not claiming that you are equal, after all, he also claimed that he
and the disciples were one, another EPIC FAIL, in fact, it was Christ enemies who are
claiming that he has made himself equal to God, rather ironically, the same claim that
you are also now trying to make, are you also an enemy of Christ? If not, why are
you continually attempting to portray elements that are not explicitly stated in the
scriptural text, the answer? because the trinity is not a product of scripture, but of
metaphysics.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Dec 11
2 edits

Jesus in none of these verses claims that he is equal to God, claiming that you are one
with something, is not claiming that you are equal, after all, he also claimed that he
and the disciples were one, another EPIC FAIL, in fact, it was Christ enemies who are
claiming that he has made himself equal to God, rather ironically, the same claim tha ...[text shortened]... ural text, the answer? because the trinity is not a product of scripture, but of
metaphysics.
When asked who He claimed to be, Jesus identified Himself as "I AM",
the God that was before Abraham and the God of Moses. And the
Jews attempted to stone Him. (John 8:58)
If you don't thing this is claiming to be equal with God, you must be retarded.

Other Jews tried to stone Him at others times for they said He was making
Himself equal with God (John 5:18) or making Himself God (John 10:33).

If making Himself God is not equal with God, then what do you say it is?

Also why does John say the Word was God (John 1:1) and the then goes
on to identify the Word with Jesus, who became flesh (John 1:14)????
Since Jesus was God, how can He possibly be God and not equal with God?
Are you so stupid that you must see Jesus say, "I am equal with God"
before you can understand? Where then do you see Jesus say,
" I AM NOT EQUAL WITH GOD", huh? Where is it?