900 Foot Jesus, Tower of Babel, and Spiritual Folly

900 Foot Jesus, Tower of Babel, and Spiritual Folly

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
16 Dec 09

Thy name is Oral Roberts. He stands as a beacon of why televangelists should be in psychotherapy. Roberts had a vision of a 900 ft Jesus who told him to build a medical "city" that would use prayer and faith healing. If the donors failed to finance this, he would not live much longer. There was no demand for hospital beds. It failed and Roberts somehow lived until yesterday. Unfortunately, he reproduced along the way and his son, Richard, followed in his footsteps with financial shenanegons and being in dire need of a psychiatrist. Unfortunately, I believe he has also reproduced.

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by kirksey957
Thy name is Oral Roberts. He stands as a beacon of why televangelists should be in psychotherapy. Roberts had a vision of a 900 ft Jesus who told him to build a medical "city" that would use prayer and faith healing. If the donors failed to finance this, he would not live much longer. There was no demand for hospital beds. It failed and Roberts someh ...[text shortened]... s and being in dire need of a psychiatrist. Unfortunately, I believe he has also reproduced.
I would do anything a 900ft Jesus told me to do, strictly for teh lulz.

Z

Moves
17 Dec 09

Originally posted by PBE6
I would do anything a 900ft Jesus told me to do, strictly for teh lulz.
but not if he was 876 feet. that is just not that impressive

s

England

Moves
17 Dec 09

at what age did this guy die, as ive never heard of him.
how did he know it was 900ft
but still seems a bit strange story

rc

Moves
17 Dec 09

Originally posted by stoker
Hi Stoker, did you receive your copy of W/T and awake? there is a rather wonderful article of an SS Officer who became a Christian at the end of the war.

s

England

Moves
17 Dec 09
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Hi Stoker, did you receive your copy of W/T and awake? there is a rather wonderful article of an SS Officer who became a Christian at the end of the war.
yes i did but i put it on my bench and spilt my tea on it. so did not get a chance to read it
but i know they do a lot of that storys, was it you!!
tho mostly i read the way they put over biblical storys and theorys, trying to get a better understanding for myself, not to be dismisive or patronizeing. as i read the universe i do not read the "dear micheal" but read the letters to the editor and some articles.

Moves
17 Dec 09

I always wondered just how he knew that his Jesus vision was 900 feet tall. When I was piloting, unless I was up in the air or had a rise in terrain to measure from (if I knew the heights of peaks in hills or mountains), it was amazing to me just how wrong I could be about how high many of the clouds were.

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
17 Dec 09

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
but not if he was 876 feet. that is just not that impressive
Obviously not, I already know there's another one out there with 24 ft on that Jesus.

rc

Moves
17 Dec 09
1 edit

yes i did but i put it on my bench and spilt my tea on it. so did not get a chance to read it
but i know they do a lot of that storys, was it you!!
tho mostly i read the way they put over biblical storys and theorys, trying to get a better understanding for myself, not to be dismisive or patronizeing. as i read the universe i do not read the "dear micheal" but read the letters to the editor and some articles.
Lol, no it was not I who did the article. I think you need to be invited to do an article. Although the article does not state it, it was a capital offence for a witness to speak of religion with an SS officer, just goes to show the good results of being bold!

We are now facing another ban in Russia. There was one previously but it got lifted in the eighties i think. We have several cases pending in the European court of human rights, but the situation does not look good, for it was probably politically motivated by the present regimes honouring of the Russian orthodox church.

The latest edition contain some very practical advice for anyone considering a divorce with the emphasis on trying to keep things together.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 Dec 09

I remember a place in San Jose California were there was a big silver statue of I think it was Jesus or a saint or something crazy. I can't remember but it was 20' or 30' it was weird. I was bicycle racing at the time and it was an amusement before the race.

Manny

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
18 Dec 09

I looked up the medical city. My ... f'ck'n ... God ...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Dec 09

I've heard stranger