1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 18:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    Be specific. Is there a standard required for receiving salvation? What is it?
    The standard for receiving eternal life is clearly stated in Revelation 2, 3, & 4 . It is repeated SEVEN TIMES..

The fact that you miss it is an indication that you dont want to see it.
    As Christ said there are some that dont want to know :
    He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 19:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Those who are doing the will of the father will see salvation. The Bible says as much.
    robbie, we're talking about salvation here. God's salvation. Salvation from death to life. Very specifically, how does one obtain God's salvation?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 19:561 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The standard for receiving eternal life is clearly stated in Revelation 2, 3, & 4 . It is repeated SEVEN TIMES..

The fact that you miss it is an indication that you dont want to see it.
    As Christ said there are some that dont want to know :
    [b]He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches
    [/b]
    Mark 4:23, 24 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
    And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: embolden mine

You're not answering the question Rajk. All you're saying is that God's salvation is earned by keeping the law, and everyone knows nobody can do it.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 20:531 edit
    Mark 4:23, 24 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
    And he said unto them, [b]Take heed what ye hear
    : embolden mine

You're not answering the question Rajk. All you're saying is that God's salvation is earned by keeping the law, and everyone knows nobody can do it.[/b]
    I said this ?

All you're saying is that God's salvation is earned by keeping the law

Where?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 20:591 edit
    robbie, we're talking about salvation here. God's salvation. Salvation from death to life. Very specifically, how does one obtain God's salvation?
    The expression 'God's salvation' does not exist in the KJV of the Bible.
    There is 'salvation of God'. Is that what you mean.
    I use the expression 'eternal life'.
    Maybe you can clarify what you mean

And I am in agreement here with Robbie .. it is those who do the will of God will get into Gods Kingdom. . and not those who only proclaim their faith.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 21:59
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You seem obsessed with sin and hate. That is what comes out of your mouth in most of what you write. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
    You sound like you are speaking for the god of hate and sin.
    My God, the God and Father of Jesus Christ is first and foremost the God of love and mercy.
    The most important resolve for any Christian, i ...[text shortened]... ally should examine yourself and your doctrine, because the day is coming when God himself will.
    I find this to be a most interesting post coming from you.

You have already established a few things about yourself, as you said these things:

1. You are not under the authority of Jesus Christ.
    2. You are in a new dispensation called the Administration of Grace
    3. You are not going to have to account for sin as all your sins are forgiven
    4. You have eternal life already
    5. Obeying the commandments of Christ is not required of you
    6. Not even God can take that away your eternal life

In your little speech there + the above 6 points it is undeniable that your focus is love of self, YOU YOU YOU ! .. definitely nothing Christlike about that.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 22:481 edit
    Just a question from outside. Suppose that salvation is permanent for Christians, but being Christian isn't necessarily permanent? Wouldn't this have the same effect as salvation being impermanent for Christians? Is it somehow true that "Once a Christian, always a Christian"?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 23:29
    Originally posted by JS357
    Just a question from outside. Suppose that salvation is permanent for Christians, but being Christian isn't necessarily permanent? Wouldn't this have the same effect as salvation being impermanent for Christians? Is it somehow true that "Once a Christian, always a Christian"?
    Apparently they say you cannot change your mind once you are a Christian.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 23:50
    Rajk, Can you tell me in your religion or your interpretation of the bible, why Jesus was crucified? What was God's plan?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 00:191 edit
    Rajk, Can you tell me in your religion or your interpretation of the bible, why Jesus was crucified? What was God's plan?
    Christ did not die so that Christians can continue with sin. Christ never said that neither did any of the Apostles

We already had this discussion [more than once in fact] and after a few quotes from me, you realise the Bible is not supporting your doctrine, then you tend to get personal and when I do not respond to your personal questions your remarks get abusive.

You cannot win this argument. The Bible is about the triumph of GOOD OVER EVIL.
    Good wins. Evil loses.
    RIghteousness wins. Sin loses.
    God wins . Satan loses.

If God were to draw into his Kingdom a pile of continuous and wilful sinners then Satan would have won this battle and would be laughing all the way to the lake of fire.

You have to be completely delusional to not see all the warnings about sin and its consequences.

And by the way you do not answer questions I ask.. so Im returning the favour. I asked earlier about Christ's messages to the 7 churches. What is he saying about who gets eternal life? Can you tell me?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 00:26
    Christ did not die so that Christians can continue with sin. Christ never said that neither did any of the Apostles

We already had this discussion [more than once in fact] and after a few quotes from me, you realise the Bible is not supporting your doctrine, then you tend to get personal and when I do not respond to your personal questions your remarks g ...[text shortened]... t's messages to the 7 churches. What is he saying about who gets eternal life? Can you tell me?
    I asked earlier about Christ's messages to the 7 churches. What is he saying about who gets eternal life? Can you tell me?

These 7 churches are during a different Age. The Grace administration is over. Yes, in these churches or after the Grace age is past, there are works involved.
    Now, can you explain why Jesus was crucified?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 00:46
    [b] I asked earlier about Christ's messages to the 7 churches. What is he saying about who gets eternal life? Can you tell me?

These 7 churches are during a different Age. The Grace administration is over. Yes, in these churches or after the Grace age is past, there are works involved.
    Now, can you explain why Jesus was crucified?[/b]
    That is a very lame answer that has no Biblical support.

My answer remains the same. Christ was not crucified so that Christians can continue to sin.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 01:52
    I find this to be a most interesting post coming from you.

You have already established a few things about yourself, as you said these things:

[b]1. You are not under the authority of Jesus Christ.
    2. You are in a new dispensation called the Administration of Grace
    3. You are not going to have to account for sin as all your sins are forgiven
    4. Yo ...[text shortened]... ble that your focus is love of self, YOU YOU YOU ! .. definitely nothing Christlike about that.
    The irony is palpable.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 02:21
    That is a very lame answer that has no Biblical support.

My answer remains the same. Christ was not crucified so that Christians can continue to sin.
    Here is my point, since you want to dodge the obvious and will not answer.
    You say Christ died for our past sins. Right?
    Why was he crucified? He himself said he was the Lamb sacrificed for the sins of the whole world.
    Why was this necessary?
    Because God has always required a blood sacrifice for sin. You see this throughout the old covenant.
    But Jesus was to be the sacrifice offered once forever. Sinless blood was shed to satisfy the requirement for sin forever.
    Now you say, Christ only paid for all past sins, so how are your sins atoned for today?
    There remains no more sacrifice.
    Jesus cannot be crucified afresh every time we sin.
    If you say God just forgives sin today, then why didn't he just forgive sins in the past and spared Christ all the suffering and death?
    You see how your interpretation makes no sense?
    Christ paid for all sins, past, present and future.
    You better hope Jesus paid for all sins once forever, or we will all be cast in the Lake of fire.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '15 02:25
    Originally posted by JS357
    I'm not going to quote scripture just share my thoughts on this.

In my opinion the confusion and subsequent arguments stem from interpretation of the dynamic between good works and effort. However actually spiritual life itself is mostly described in the Bible in terms of family, inheritance and birthright. The regeneration of a person's spirit is accomplished through establishing, imparting and filling of a person with the Holy Spirit, God's spirit, the spirit of Christ; which are one and the same in essence. Once this has occurred it cannot be undone.

Once someone is born into a family they are always part of that family no matter what occurs. However that family member is expected to comply with the family rules, the culture and submit to and be obedient to the head. Disobedience may mean temporarily estrangement but it does not mean one is no longer a member of the family.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree