Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
30 Jan 06

A LOT has been written about this year.

What do you know, and what do you believe?

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by asromacalcio

Well I heard that its between 2011 and 2013... but I believe they are lying.

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by Chakan
Well I heard that its between 2011 and 2013... but I believe they are lying.
The jury is still out on that one.

So too however on the latter part of your post, the 2013 part.

Many believe there will not be a 2013.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
30 Jan 06
1 edit

something to do with nostradamus and the comet planet ???

He was out a little on most of his predictions but i'm sure many astronomers will die on the run up

when was the sky at night last on ??😛

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
30 Jan 06

Hence the lying part...

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
30 Jan 06
1 edit

It's not just nostradamus this time, it seems that there are indiciations of this belief in many places.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
30 Jan 06
1 edit

It's not just nostradamus this time, it seems that there are indiciations of this belief in many places.
I watched this video on the subject a while back. Here's a summary. See what you think. http://www.crystalinks.com/greggbraden.html

Another general link:
http://www.carnaval.com/columbus/2012.htm

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I watched this video on the subject a while back. Here's a summary. See what you think. http://www.crystalinks.com/greggbraden.html

Another general link:
http://www.carnaval.com/columbus/2012.htm
Crystalinks is a phenomal site.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Jan 06

Any prophesy based on a specific year can be manipulated quite sucessfuly by bringing in many of the inaccuracies in date keeping in the past. For example if whatever it is that is supposed to happen doesnt happen on que then you merely point out that someone many hundred of years ago made a mistake and miss counted a few years or you can say it will happen at the end of the year or early next year etc and by the time it is 2013 and nothing has happened (as was the case with many year 2000 prophesies) everyone will have forgotten about it anyway.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
30 Jan 06

How many times has some crackpot predicted the end of the world? I don't know. Too many to count.

How many times has the world ended? Answer: 0

Therefore, every specific prediction about the end of the world has been wrong. The only way people can foster this sort of belief is to postulate the end in the undefined future. No matter how much time goes by, the end always remains in the imminent but still distant future. Like those kooky christians and their Book of Revelations.

I'd be willing to make you a bet that the world will still be here in 2013. After all, that's only 7 years away.

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by rwingett

I'd be willing to make you a bet that the world will still be here in 2013. After all, that's only 7 years away.
Sure, I believe it will, but I and a lot of other very spiritual people belive that 2012 and the period leading up to it represent the most dynamic period in this planet's history. Quite how and why or what is another matter, but it's big news to very many people.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
30 Jan 06

As I understand it the date 12/21/12 is supposed to be the end of the Mayan calendar. This may simply mean that they finally realized that they had planned far enough ahead. I’m not sure if the Mayans ever intended it to be a doomsday prediction.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
30 Jan 06

As Bosse's 2nd link pointed out, 2012 is the year on the Gregorian Calendar that marks the end of the 5th sun in Mayan Cosmology. In practical terms, it is also the first year that we can note that we have actually entered the first degree (of 30) of the Age of Aquarius (having left the Age of Pisces).

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/time/precession.html

Does it mean anything? Probably not. I quite agree with RWing that the earth will still exist in 2013.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
30 Jan 06

Originally posted by David C
Does it mean anything?
It means that there is a market opportunity for astrologers and publishers.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
30 Jan 06

Nostradamus predicted a comet striking the earth and ending life here in the year 3797, not 2012.