This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 12:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    And there you have it-the grey done away with and everything is black and white again...
    I prefer bhuddism, more emphasis on individual responsibilty, less commanding...
    Rather than have that individual responsibility, much of the world seeks to have concrete laws, that they can just break when they want and pray for forgiveness to absolve themselves. Therefore, they can have their random disregard, do what they want (mostly) and they apologize and its all ok.

All they really have to do is follow man's law, or just not get caught. Its really rather quite sad....

"Boink" thy neighbor by "boinking" thy neighbor's wife....then apologize and its all good.
  3. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 18:08
    And there you have it-the grey done away with and everything is black and white again...
    I prefer bhuddism, more emphasis on individual responsibilty, less commanding...
    do you really believe that there is such a big difference in how moral living is presented between buddhism and christianity?

the differences come from interpretations either liberal or extreme - which exist in christianity AND buddhism

your views are superficial and based on popularist ideas of christianity and buddhism
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 18:30
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    the ten commandments came from moses, who was galloping around the desert with a bunch of drunkards, fornicators, idol worshipers etc.....and because he could not control them, he disappeared into the mountain to get some peace and quiet, and decided to write out some rules for his rowdy bunch, but on second thought new it would be better if he said god s ...[text shortened]... lly, but there should really be 100 rules, because 10 doesn,t nearly cover everything

vishva
    Get real!
    How on earth could Moses carry 100 commandments down the mountain?!?

btw:
    I always thought "Thou Shalt Not Kill" reveals that God has a very poor opinion of us. Do you need someone to tell you that's wrong?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '10 23:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Get real!

btw:
    I always thought "Thou Shalt Not Kill" reveals that God has a very poor opinion of us. Do you need someone to tell you that's wrong?
    Yes you see clearly!
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 00:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It's not about what you prefer, it's about intimidating you into submission.
    Yes, that too ,lol🙂
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 00:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You can prefer what you will, that does not change anything, truth isn't truth
    because you prefer it.
    Kelly
    Basically I interpret that as "Because I'm not a christian I cant possibly see the real truth", which is really self-righteous and short-sighted.
    I've no doubt that you can see the truth of your own life , so why do you doubt that I cant sse the truth of my own life?
    Do you know something that I dont? (And I do know all about Jesus and what he is supposed to do/represent for us)
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 00:40
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    the ten commandments came from moses, who was galloping around the desert with a bunch of drunkards, fornicators, idol worshipers etc.....and because he could not control them, he disappeared into the mountain to get some peace and quiet, and decided to write out some rules for his rowdy bunch, but on second thought new it would be better if he said god s ...[text shortened]... lly, but there should really be 100 rules, because 10 doesn,t nearly cover everything

vishva
    I agree that it is not that simple and there should be more rules/guidelines, however I also believe in removing all rules/guidelines once a person has fully realized their origonal identity , and thus freed themselves from the disciplines that he/she has set for herself.
    However one must keep up the dicsiplines until enlightenment is reached. It does not get easier, one must persist with a big heart and great humility ...
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 00:47
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Rather than have that individual responsibility, much of the world seeks to have concrete laws, that they can just break when they want and pray for forgiveness to absolve themselves. Therefore, they can have their random disregard, do what they want (mostly) and they apologize and its all ok.

All they really have to do is follow man's law, or just no ...[text shortened]... "Boink" thy neighbor by "boinking" thy neighbor's wife....then apologize and its all good.
    Yes, rules/commandments like this are good for children and adolescents, (even the adolescents who are 40+ ,lol), however when people become more mature life becomes more complex thatn just following a few basic rules blindly like sheep without question. Rules that do not lead anywhere , it would seem.
    Our ability to question is one of the major differences between humans other land-based animals. It's what sets us apart and gives us the potential to mature our inner god-seed that we are all born with.
    Question JC or the Bhudda. Heck, question God Herself. This type of "inner searching" leads to more satisfying answers to ones questions about spirituality.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 00:50
    Originally posted by yavash
    do you really believe that there is such a big difference in how moral living is presented between buddhism and christianity?

the differences come from interpretations either liberal or extreme - which exist in christianity AND buddhism

your views are superficial and based on popularist ideas of christianity and buddhism
    My views are based primarily on personal experience. I do make mistakes.

I agree, at its core christianity and bhuddism have similar values.
    I guess the main difference is that the bible teaches salvation through JC whereas the sutras teach salvation/enlightenment through self-determination. Right?
    (Becasue thats the part I like-being resposible for your own life/death)
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 00:512 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Get real!

btw:

Looked around lately? Looked back in history? Clearly there are many if not most, including many if not most Christians, who still don't get it. Seems that opinion is more than deserved.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 00:531 edit

I guess the main difference is that the bible teaches salvation through JC whereas the sutras teach salvation/enlightenment through self-determination. Right?
    Jesus also taught "salvation" through "self-determination".
  13. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 07:05

yes you are right there buddhism does teach that and its brilliant

as a Buddhist you have to make active steps to sort out your anger, jealousy, negativity noone else can do it for you though people can help show you the way - but i am sure there must be teachings in some schools of christianity that teach similiar - the more meditative schools maybe? I know a Jew that use to meditate on Love regularly and took active steps to deal with his negativity, i remember him to be very calm and wise and loving
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 07:07
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Jesus also taught "salvation" through "self-determination".
    Yes, so I thought,but some christians directly or indirectly imply that thinking for yourself WITHOUT Jesus ,(as opposed to not following his teachings), is good for nothing and potentially dangerous. As if you dont come into whatever fold, then you are doomed.
    When it comes to spirituality, and even christianity, one size does not fit all!
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '10 08:05
    I agree that it is not that simple and there should be more rules/guidelines, however I also believe in removing all rules/guidelines once a person has fully realized their origonal identity , and thus freed themselves from the disciplines that he/she has set for herself.
    However one must keep up the dicsiplines until enlightenment is reached. It does not get easier, one must persist with a big heart and great humility ...
    Yes you are correct, but may i add that for the person of higher cosciousness, they will still respect the rules and regs and adhere to them, but it will become second nature for them to follow,..... and as an example for the beginning students they will follow.

vishva

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree