!!!

!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

CA, USA

Moves
12 Apr 07

Originally posted by rwingett
Where was god for the other 58,000 Americans and 2 million+ Vietnamese who died in the war? Sleeping? Watching TV? But you believe that he thought you were so darn special that he personally intervened to save you. I think you would be closer to the mark to say your survival was due to random chance. Sometimes bullets just miss without god having to alter their trajectory.
Probably true .. and several VA shrinks i've spent time with would agree with you. That's the logical explanition for sure. It would have made the following years a lot easier to deal with had I been able to accept that and move on. The problem was the kid showing up in my dreams 3 or 4 times a night. Never says anything, just makes an appearance.
40 yrs. and several Government shrinks later and he still shows up occasionally. They've been telling me all along that they can make him go away if i'll just take these pills they want me to.
But I don't like taking perscription drugs if I can help it. I see the zombies in the waiting room with the 1000yd stare and just say no.

I say it was God that saved me, but I don't know that. I believe it, but don't know it. Just always searching for a "reason" to justify my life.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
12 Apr 07

Originally posted by jammer
That's the question that won't go away .. and the reason is .. I know those were better men than me.
The feeling left is guilt. One of those that died that day took my place .. literally. He died pulling me out of the line of fire. He was a kid of 18 (I was 19) that I hung out with some. He read his Bible and wrote his HS girlfriend and Mother everyday. He d ...[text shortened]... luded) were spared.

They say "only the good die young" and that day it was 100% true.
It should have been you, you damn whoremonger.

j

CA, USA

Moves
12 Apr 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
It should have been you, you damn whoremonger.
Keep your Mama at home and that won't happen.