World Tournaments

World Tournaments

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
22 Sep 05

How about a tournament where the teams are entered by country? And the winners are declared RHP World Champions. Kind of like an RHP Olympics.

Behind ur screen

Moves
22 Sep 05

It would be interesting if we had a balanced number of players for each country.

General of GROSS

Calvin's Treehouse

Moves
22 Sep 05

Cool idea.
and i don't think you need a balanced number of players from each country.
In the football world cup, each country has different strengths (and weaknesses), the olympics aren't balanced.

I am all for it.

C
Oro!

Fear The Cow

Moves
22 Sep 05

Netherlands would win

http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playertable.php

H
A Lost Bobby

London

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Starrman
How about a tournament where the teams are entered by country? And the winners are declared RHP World Champions. Kind of like an RHP Olympics.
I like the idea and think it would be fun, but it has two small problems with it though. First off, who picks the teams? Is it based on ranking? The second is that the flag is pretty voluntary and can be changed at any time. So you will have a situation where people change their flag to some small practically unkown country which now suddenly has a team of 2000+ players. ie there is no way to control it such that the country teams are in any way reflective of country.

P

Moves
22 Sep 05
1 edit

I would guess that each country`s team of volunteers would have to nominate a captain, who would then pick the strongest team he/she could.

Great idea btw 😀

A
Mandla

Unknown

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Starrman
Possibly banded? For those of us of lesser ability/skill?

Moves
22 Sep 05

Originally posted by Anwylyd
Possibly banded? For those of us of lesser ability/skill?
I vote single tournament.

<flame proof suit on>
Banded tournaments are for wusses...
</>

A
Mandla

Unknown

Moves
23 Sep 05

Originally posted by pineapple42
I vote single tournament.

<flame proof suit on>
Banded tournaments are for wusses...
</>
Nice... I don't mind losing to higher rated people... I was just offering the idea seeing as everyone was talking about 2000+ rated opponents... I float around 1100...